Teyo Johnson
    5.00%
    Michael Gaines
    0.00%
    A Draft Pick
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

sigpic

I'm assuming this is if Tony Scheffler is the starter next year. I voted for Alexander, but it could be Teyo deppending on how he preforms in preseason (that is if he makes it to preseason).

Glendale bound

Comment

I don't know if Scheffler's blocking has progressed to the point where the Broncos want to start him unless they really think he's nearing Sharpe's level as a receiver.

I really hope Graham comes in at #1 next season with Scheff in at #2 and passing situations.
      sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Nasty Nate Jackson
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CB Bronco Fan
          Nasty Nate Jackson
          As much as I'd like to see Nate more involved (I always liked him as a WR and the coaches must see something in him to keep him around so long) it'll be difficult since his blocking is nothing to write home about. It all depends on Scheffler's progression as a blocker. Or his.
          sigpic

Comment

Wasn't Shceffler our 4th tight end this year? Check out the depth chart.

And also, we will not even get Graham.

Teh siggies are made by me. PM if you like 'em.
            I'm a BroncoForLife!

Comment

I think he spent some time down the depth chart mid-season where he wasn't that productive. However, he came back to form afterwards and retook the #2 spot.
              sigpic

Comment

I think Stephen Alexander will be our starting TE. He's a good receiver and a good blocker. (Yes, He has been a receiving TE his whole career until he came here. He even made the pro-bowl) He also doesn't get paid too much.

Although I would love to bring Dan Graham back to his home town, I don't think he would mind getting his payday somewhere else.

Comment

If we don't start Scheffler next year, considering his chemistry with Cutler, God I'll be disappointed. Our O isn't built on blocking TEs, it's built on pass-catchers and Scheffler is the most promising guy we've had in that area in years.
                  Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by DancingHorsey
                    If we don't start Scheffler next year, considering his chemistry with Cutler, God I'll be disappointed. Our O isn't built on blocking TEs, it's built on pass-catchers and Scheffler is the most promising guy we've had in that area in years.
                    WRONG. Sharpe was the exception to the rule as he was a Hall of Fame receiving TE. Think back to 2004:

TEs in camp - Jed Weaver, Byron Chamberlain, OJ Santiago, Dwayne Carswell, Jeb Putzier

We kept Carswell (who started) and Putzier and cut the rest (including Weaver who had been signed to a contract). Putzier was kept because he was still a project at the time...he had the potential to be a good all rounder. And when his blocking failed to develop we brought in Alexander who was a good blocker because Putzier just didn't have it. After two years of non-progression in blocking we cut him.

The blocking TE will almost always come first in this offence. And if Scheff doesn't cut it as a blocker he will remain #2.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by muse
                      WRONG. Sharpe was the exception to the rule as he was a Hall of Fame receiving TE. Think back to 2004:

TEs in camp - Jed Weaver, Byron Chamberlain, OJ Santiago, Dwayne Carswell, Jeb Putzier

We kept Carswell (who started) and Putzier and cut the rest (including Weaver who had been signed to a contract). Putzier was kept because he was still a project at the time...he had the potential to be a good all rounder. And when his blocking failed to develop we brought in Alexander who was a good blocker because Putzier just didn't have it. After two years of non-progression in blocking we cut him.

The blocking TE will almost always come first in this offence. And if Scheff doesn't cut it as a blocker he will remain #2.
                      No I'm not WRONG. The problem has been that we haven't had a viable pass-catching TE since Sharpe. Scheffler seems like he has the talent to truly bloom in the role, and for our offense to return to it's former glory that's what we need. By the way, blocking TEs do not take precedence over catching TEs in this offense, that is "WRONG" as you would say.

Team Tebow #108

Comment

Putzier was a viable pass catching TE and a pretty good threat through the air. But he didn't see much PT because his blocking was too poor. He was certainly a better pass catcher than either Carswell or Alexander but they both started over him in successive seasons. Alexander made the Pro Bowl as a receiving TE but he's not really caught much here has he?

When Putzier and his leather-sponged hands were let go March 1, the message was clear: A Broncos tight end must block first, catch second. If not, the alternative may well be Houston.
                        http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_3889960

Yeah, ok, I was a bit rude in my reply. But if your blocking is sub-par in this system you'll never make it past TE #2.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by muse
                          Putzier was a viable pass catching TE and a pretty good threat through the air. But he didn't see much PT because his blocking was too poor. He was certainly a better pass catcher than either Carswell or Alexander but they both started over him in successive seasons. Alexander made the Pro Bowl as a receiving TE but he's not really caught much here has he?

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_3889960

Yeah, ok, I was a bit rude in my reply. But if your blocking is sub-par in this system you'll never make it past TE #2.
                          Oh don't get me started on the other reason we've had so little TE production recently. I wouldn't want to be accused of beating a dead snake...er...horse.

Team Tebow #108

Comment

Even Sharpe was a great blocker.

If you remember, he was playing H-back when he finally made it into the line-up.

Comment

Originally posted by 22cannon
                              Even Sharpe was a great blocker.

If you remember, he was playing H-back when he finally made it into the line-up.
                              He wasn't a "great" blocker. He was decent. Being a TE, pass-catching or otherwise, you have to at least be decent. Unlike Putzier, Scheffler seems to be around that mark of decent. He isn't going to knock anyone off the line of scrimmage, but he isn't worthless either.

Team Tebow #108

Comment

Working...
                              X