Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dream
    Sidney Rice declared, when? Gotta link?
    I was thinking Meacham in my post. (i edited the previous post)

But for Rice...it's actually heresay at this point.

Someone posted on one of these boards that Rice was the only player to clear his locker right after SC's last game.

I remember reading he is planning to train in Arizona- for the draft.

Purely heresay...but I'm positive we can assume that he's entering.
    Last edited by tdot_bronco; 01-07-2007, 09:51 AM.
    Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Damien Nash 1982-2007

Comment

I refuse to make any opinions on the draft until after the Combine. At this point, we know pretty much nothing about the prospects. Will The Shark play baseball? Has Michael Bush gotten Lendale White-esque since he broke his leg? How tall really is Troy Smith? No one knows.

Too soon, D-Will, too soon.

Comment

Wide receiver is a need this year. What if one of the three returners, (Smith isn't for sure yet) Walker, Smith and Marshall get hurt? Who steps in their place?

If this is such an offensive town; and we're going to be offensive minded again; there's no way Denver avoids getting a receiver in one of the best draft classes there has been in the position for a long, long, long time.

Good teams address FUTURE needs a year a head of time; and when Smith retires receiver will be a HUGE need. As of right now; the Broncos don't necessarily have to draft one high; but with all the Day One talent; why wouldn't you consider addressing it?

Marshall's not proven. I've been hangin' on him since he got here; but he's not PROVEN yet. Walker, he's great. . . but there's always that "what if" factor. Rod's old. Everyone else outside him (them) do not have much receiving potential at all. They're mosting scrappy players and raw returners. You could only argue Hixon as a logical threat; but he was injured all last year and will be behind; especially as far as experience goes. He doesn't have a great skill-set either.

Wide Receiver should be and WILL be looked at.
        I never said they would avoid the receiver area Dream, I just am unsure where they may go in the draft to get one, again the issue is that it will not be as important as other areas...but I am sure wether it be Trannon in the 5th or Robison in the 3rd or even Brandon Myles between the 5th and 6th round they will go receiver or capable receiver somewhere, I do not believe for a second that they will nab a wideout in the top two rounds, not unless Johnson fell all the way to us. Right now my draft board is complete unless something happens at the Senior Bowl or Combine to really change the projection I feel this team will go. Remember what I have stated all along though: That it is possible to see Denver trade out of the top round, if they feel the player(s) they want will be there in the second and third -- that is still a high possibility, not like we have not seen the coach take about every route there is to take. And you Dream know I am big on the kid from my Alma Marter in the 5th - Trannon, but that is one of those unsure picks as of now, cause he is rising on more then a few boards.

I truly believe that guard will get more of a look then tackle, because if Lepsis does not return, I think Denver will try and sign Black away from Kansas City...and they are more then likely to look in the latter part of the draft for a 'gem' for the future if he has a good year or two left in him. Myers will be our utility lineman, he will backup so many positions and that is where his value may be, because he could play tackle, guard or center and though it is not a starting role...it makes him very valuable to the organization. Pears and Kuper, or maybe Myers if he is better suited will take the right side, Hamilton I believe will cover the center position till Eslinger is big enough and ready, or Myers maybe a possibility at Center as well. No matter what the offensive line is a needed area of concern -- say what you will but if Cutler is hurt again because of an inept line...you can bet there will be changes made, they will not risk their new golden arm for anything and Dream you should know better then anyone that is how Bowlen and Shanahan look at it!

Comment

Valid points Lancane but with all these underclassmen declaring, especially with the spots on the DL etc, I think Denver stays where they are at for now. Seriously, look at the WR and DL class. Impeccable.

Jamaal Anderson just declared, Quentin Groves is going to; Louis Holmes and Jarvis Moss are 50/50 on going. . . seriously. . . this is so good for us.

Incredible.

Seriously; Shanahan must be a psychic because look at this DL class.

AMAZING.

Comment

If Lelie wasn't such a baby we'd have one of the deadliest WR corps now that Cutler is at the helm

WR1 - Walker
            WR2 - Lelie
            WR3 - Marshall (to become WR2 in the next year or two)

As much as some of you may hate Lelie he was an adequate #2 who stretched the field and helped the running game.

Comment

Valid points Lancane but with all these underclassmen declaring, especially with the spots on the DL etc, I think Denver stays where they are at for now. Seriously, look at the WR and DL class. Impeccable.

Jamaal Anderson just declared, Quentin Groves is going to; Louis Holmes and Jarvis Moss are 50/50 on going. . . seriously. . . this is so good for us.

Incredible.

Seriously; Shanahan must be a psychic because look at this DL class.

AMAZING.
              Well, not really by Shanahan's own doing of course, but he is lucky that the depth is there. I am dead sold he will make a move on Lynch in the first, however...wether he can get there or not is another question entirely of it's own. If he does not, which there is a possibility then I believe it is Jamaal Anderson we will take in the first, because he is a big prototypical 4-3 defensive end that can play all around, he can stop the run and rush the passer. He could fall into the second round, but I highly doubt he will with his athletic entangibles.

Denver has a big chance of covering defensive needs this season, and safety I would hope they forget till day two unless a steal falls to them --which is highly possible.

Right now my draft board is a nightmare because it is composed of many scenarios' that could or could not happen at this point.

Sincerely this off-season will be a cornerstone point with this team, a good off-season and we may be an elite powerhouse, mid-decent or bad, we will barely be anywhere closer to the overall goal and that I believe Shanahan will want to avoid being in such a position.

I know everyone wants a top shelf Defensive End or tackle, you know I better then anyone Dream that I understand that point, but we all have to remember this is Shanahan's team, not ours...he makes that decision and usually every analyst has been proven wrong to which way he will go, but it is almost proven that it is never on the same page as the majority believes! That is partially why I have always been better at guessing where or better yet which way he will go. This year, may be the year the majority actually is right or may not be...so with a running back being the minority, yet a popular choice, defensive line being the vast opionitive need and atop that his comment on going for Maroney last year, I would not be surprised to see him trade a truck load for Lynch, I really would not be surprised at all! He was willing to trade another 3rd Rounder and according to sources another the following year and our 1st Rounder this year all for Maroney, so now...he will try and move up, with an extra 4th next year, our 1st rounder next year and possibly Tatum Bell or Plummer, you have to believe he will make his move.

'According to a close friend of mine - the Texans are looking into Carr and his future, the may be willing to trade him, they are supposedly interested in getting Porter from Oakland and they also are concerned about the O-Line, running game and defensive side of the ball...poor Kubiak will have to try and piece a team together, if Carr is traded...then Plummer could be a front runner for the position, however with their other needs Denver has a hell of a shot at packaging a trade that benefits both organizations: they hold a top spot, one that could guarantee Lynch or put them in the spot to nab a quality pick and Lynch still, a team maybe trying to get up to Russell or Smith, maybe even Landry! -- If Denver was willing and the Texans traded Carr, I think Oakland would trade Carr to Oakland for Porter and maybe a 3rd or 4th round pick, it would benefit Oakland who will likely want Johnson for their receiving corps., and it gives them options with the rest of their first day picks. The Texans would then need a quarterback and instead of loosing any picks really, Denver could trade their 1st this year, maybe a first day pick next year, along with Plummer and Tatum Bell. Bell would likely love being closer to home, Plummer would be again with Pelt and Kubiak and Denver could take Lynch...not saying it will happen, but Porter, Bell and Plummer in Houston and they still would have a likely good draft? They would be an odds on favorite fanstasy team, and one of the likely surprise teams.'

And I believe Denver come the draft will have three 3rd round picks...regardless wether they trade or not to move up. I am hellaciously excited to see how this plays out, because Denver has many options. -- And if they did move up and Lynch was somehow gone? They could move down and easily pick up another 1st and 2nd round picks, if not a little more!

Comment

Great post Lanc.

I really hope our offseason turns out great. I donno how to define wut I would want to happen for that to happen. But I feel like this could be the determining point for the next few seasons.... and I hope we do well

Good posts you guys though, very interesting reading your thoughts
                Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Working...
                X