Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phillip Buchanon- CB/KR/PR

Phillip Buchanon - Free Agent from the Tampa Bay Bucs

For me this is a no-brainer. I think this guy can be had at a very affordable price, and can serve as a #2 corner. He will certainly improve our return game (especially punts) and will provide us with much needed depth on the outside.

He is not the gamebreaker people expected coming out of college, but the kid can play ball and is meant to play within Coyer's system. (not a cover 2) This is a viable option at CB, and should provide immediate relief- not a permanent solution. He will compete with foxy for our #2 CB spot.
    Last edited by tdot_bronco; 01-06-2007, 01:15 PM.
    Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Damien Nash 1982-2007

This guy has a big mouth and I don't want him in the Broncos.

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx
      This guy has a big mouth and I don't want him in the Broncos.
      Since when have we been shy to test out some talent with character issues. Buchanon was known as a talker as a rookie, but he has matured throughout his career.

You don't think this kid could help us?
      Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Damien Nash 1982-2007

Comment

Originally posted by tdot_bronco
        Since when have we been shy to test out some talent with character issues. Buchanon was known as a talker as a rookie, but he has matured throughout his career.

You don't think this kid could help us?
        No we don't.

Would rather get a corner from the draft than get a CB bust.

Comment

Didn't Roc Alexander supplant him in Houston?

My point exactly.
          sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
          Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

Buchanon picked it up in Tampa...played well as a no. 2 after Kelly went down.

He has no shortage of talent, and he's a great returner.

Why not, exactly?

Comment

Buchanon is o-k. When we drafted him, I liked the pick. He returned punts and intercepions for touchdowns in his rookie & 2nd year. Then he got cocky. Then he muffed punts in crucial moments. Then he jumped routes, missed the ball and gave up big plays. He tries too hard to be Deion Sanders. Sure Buchanon is great at jumping routes, but if he doesn't pick off the pass or get his hand on it, it leads to huge gains.

He doesn't understand ALL the fundamentals it takes to be a true cornerback. He just wants to to Showtime (his nickname I believe) Is he a bust? Not entirely. Is he good. Not entirely. He would benefit being a 3rd cornerback on a team with two good corners at the get go. But if he is, for example, Denver's other starter, Champ might as well listen to his iPod because that's all he'll see all game. Buchanon would be ripped apart on all but 1 play where he might do something. In the long run, the risks aren't worth the reward.

I see him coming back to Oakland. In a Dime package with Stanford Routt who is a blazer, they could do some things in Ryan's defense. Other teams would be Cincinnati or New Orleans.
              Last edited by DevilSpawn; 01-06-2007, 01:40 PM.

Comment

I wouldn't mind them taking a chance on Buchanon if they could get him cheap.
                R.I.P. Darrent Williams

Comment

sounds like Delta Ohno..... I would rather take my chances on a guy like Josh Wilson out of Maryland. Plays alot like D-Will @ 5'9 BUT WITH ALOT OF HEART.

Comment

Originally posted by tdot_bronco
                    Phillip Buchanon - Free Agent from the Tampa Bay Bucs

For me this is a no-brainer. I think this guy can be had at a very affordable price, and can serve as a #2 corner. He will certainly improve our return game (especially punts) and will provide us with much needed depth on the outside.

He is not the gamebreaker people expected coming out of college, but the kid can play ball and is meant to play within Coyer's system. (not a cover 2) This is a viable option at CB, and should provide immediate relief- not a permanent solution. He will compete with foxy for our #2 CB spot.
                    Very much worth a look. He's got natural ability. We can get a pass rush going, he could be very valuable to us....
                    You've got to know when to sack em...

Comment

Originally posted by ScottyB
                      sounds like Delta Ohno..... I would rather take my chances on a guy like Josh Wilson out of Maryland. Plays alot like D-Will @ 5'9 BUT WITH ALOT OF HEART.

having a CB like delta for your 2nd coner isnt bad....you will never get two champs on your team!

Comment

Two champs give me a break. I just don't want a guy that gets be on a regular basis. But I forgot we have some of the fastest safteys in the league

Comment

I like the idea of getting him...at a cheap enough price. Although I'm not sure if he would be the #2 corner.

The Broncos need a returner in the worst way!!

Comment

Working...
                          X