Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What about that Redskins' draft pick?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What about that Redskins' draft pick?

    Since both teams' seasons are over, do we now finally know exactly what the Broncos are going to get out of the three-way trade involving Ashlie Lelie?

    From my understanding, what the Broncos would actually get depended on the outcomes of the two teams' seasons, and involved possibilities like getting their third-round pick or possibly switching first-rounders with them.

    The Redskins will be drafting 6th, so I am sure that switching picks with them is out of the question (although it would kick ass ). Does this mean that we get their third-rounder? I know the deal is pretty complex, but I haven't heard anything one way or another on it.

  • #2
    Denver get's the #6 pick in the THIRD ROUND this year, (#70 Overall) and the Redskins fourth-rounder in 2008.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Dream
      Denver get's the #6 pick in the THIRD ROUND this year, (#70 Overall) and the Redskins fourth-rounder in 2008.

      That sentence started out so good.


      Go Huskers.

      Comment


      • #4
        anyone else think we didnt do so well on our end of the deal?
        If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. --General George S. Patton

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Deltagbear
          anyone else think we didnt do so well on our end of the deal?
          Redskins got T.J. Duckett... who scored... what, one TD? And it wasn't him that rose up to replace Portis when he went down, it was a personal favorite of mine, Ladell Betts.

          Falcons got Lelie, who greeted them with the rare play, same 1 TD, and the typical ATL wideout dropsie syndrome.

          We got a high third rounder in a deep rookie class.

          Yeh, we did pretty damn well.
          sigpic

          :cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

          D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

          :logo:
          Denver Broncos General Manager

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Lorcust
            Redskins got T.J. Duckett... who scored... what, one TD? And it wasn't him that rose up to replace Portis when he went down, it was a personal favorite of mine, Ladell Betts.

            Falcons got Lelie, who greeted them with the rare play, same 1 TD, and the typical ATL wideout dropsie syndrome.

            We got a high third rounder in a deep rookie class.

            Yeh, we did pretty damn well.

            Agreed. The third round isnt bad at all. Look at all the great players that have came later than that. (EX. Tom Brady-6th round)

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Lorcust
              Redskins got T.J. Duckett... who scored... what, one TD? And it wasn't him that rose up to replace Portis when he went down, it was a personal favorite of mine, Ladell Betts.

              Falcons got Lelie, who greeted them with the rare play, same 1 TD, and the typical ATL wideout dropsie syndrome.

              We got a high third rounder in a deep rookie class.

              Yeh, we did pretty damn well.
              Actually, including the value of the fourth rounder, the value of the two picks is the same as a late second rounder.
              My adopted fan is dogfish

              . . . . . . . . . . .
              . Post Your Artwork .
              . . . . . . . . . . .

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Archimedes Owl
                Actually, including the value of the fourth rounder, the value of the two picks is the same as a late second rounder.
                I meant particularly for this year.

                The fourth rounder that comes also in 08 is another added benefit for the future.
                sigpic

                :cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

                D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

                :logo:
                Denver Broncos General Manager

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Lorcust
                  I meant particularly for this year.

                  The fourth rounder that comes also in 08 is another added benefit for the future.
                  Especially if the Redskins have another really bad year
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Darn right Archimedes; and if they tank again; it's like we got a mid-second rounder or higher for Lelie's services. HEHEHE.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      A high third rounder isn't bad considering how much talent there is this year. That Third can also help us move up in the First round. That Third can also land us a really great player. Look at all the corners we got 2 years ago. RIP D Will. But we won't know how good this third rounder is untill a couple of years when the pick has been selected.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        well, according to the good ol' trade value chart, that #70 pick, when packaged with our #21 pick, is enough to trade up to the #15 pick of the Steelers.

                        This would allow us to leapfrog teams like Green Bay, Tennessee and the NY Giants; who are all in the market for a running back; if one Marshawn Lynch is still on the board at 15.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X