X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaal Anderson DECLARES

Arkansas sack leader Anderson to enter NFL draft
    ESPN.com news services

Arkansas defensive end Jamaal Anderson, a first-team all-SEC pick out of Little Rock, will enter the NFL draft after his junior season.

Anderson, a 6-foot-6, 280-pound junior, led the SEC in sacks this season with 10½. He collected three sacks in a 17-14 loss to Wisconsin in the Capital One Bowl.

In 36 games, Anderson has 15 sacks and 26 solo tackles for a loss.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2723489
    Excellent news!

This guy's as close to 100% beast as you can get...

Jesus Lord. . . this is going to be the best DE ever.

Comment

Our chances of getting a great DE prospect just went wayyyyy up.

Comment

Sick this is so sick. I'm checking in new kids into my wing of the building and I just went nuts and they lovin' it.

Comment

Too bad we probably won't draft a DE.
          Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by DancingHorsey
            Too bad we probably won't draft a DE.
            Oh damn...he's right! JESUS HE'S RIGHT! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Comment

De

If he's not short, light, slow or injured the Broncos won't draft him!

Hopefully the Browns will draft another DE. That way there could be help on the way in a few years.

Comment

We honestly need a DT more than a DE. Our pass-rush problems have been mostly due to the fact that we can do nothing to collapse the pocket. Of course we won't draft a DT either most likely. Odds are Shanny is going to go after a RB. After watching us struggle in key running situations that might not be a terrible idea. We have needs in both areas.

Team Tebow #108

Comment

We honestly need a DT more than a DE. Our pass-rush problems have been mostly due to the fact that we can do nothing to collapse the pocket. Of course we won't draft a DT either most likely. Odds are Shanny is going to go after a RB. After watching us struggle in key running situations that might not be a terrible idea. We have needs in both areas.
                  I say we draft both DT and DE with our first two picks. Then get a safety with one third a Tackle with the other Third and a RB in the 4th. After that you can get a kicker, a punter, a bus driver, I don't give a damn.
                  President Cool

Comment

Originally posted by hilife
                    I say we draft both DT and DE with our first two picks. Then get a safety with one third a Tackle with the other Third and a RB in the 4th. After that you can get a kicker, a punter, a bus driver, I don't give a damn.
                    Well I'm sure Shanny is going to disapoint you. I expect quite a few offensive picks in this draft.

Team Tebow #108

Comment

Dont know much about him but NICE!! LOL

i was thinking that guy who played with the Falcons back in the day!

but w/e!

i want some good DE/DL!

i cant Stand watching our Corners running around for hours!

Comment

From 2002-2004, Denver had two top-10 pass rushes (12th in adjusted sack rate in '03). During that period, Denver had DE's Reggie Hayward, Bertrand Berry, and Trevor Pryce (moved to LE following '01 season). Care to guess who the DT's were during that time? Darius Holland...do you even remember him? How 'bout Mario Fatafehi? Monsanto Pope? Luther Ellis?

If that doesn't work for you, take the Saints as another example. Or Buffalo. Or even the Giants (when they aren't decimated by injuries). None of these teams possess great penetrating, pocket-collapsing tackles...yet they still have an above average pass rush.

If you want to go with the complete inverse, look at Minnesota. They've got two Pro Bowl tackles (one of them--Kevin Williams--might be the best interior pass rusher in the league), and they still have one of the worst pass rushes in the league.

Listen, I'm not saying that D-tackle doesn't need to be addressed. I just believe (strongly) that a dynamic end does more for a pass rush and more for a defense than a dynamic tackle. And, I don't believe that either current starter at end is of NFL starting-caliber.

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
                          From 2002-2004, Denver had two top-10 pass rushes (12th in adjusted sack rate in '03). During that period, Denver had DE's Reggie Hayward, Bertrand Berry, and Trevor Pryce (moved to LE following '01 season). Care to guess who the DT's were during that time? Darius Holland...do you even remember him? How 'bout Mario Fatafehi? Monsanto Pope? Luther Ellis?

If that doesn't work for you, take the Saints as another example. Or Buffalo. Or even the Giants (when they aren't decimated by injuries). None of these teams possess great penetrating, pocket-collapsing tackles...yet they still have an above average pass rush.

If you want to go with the complete inverse, look at Minnesota. They've got two Pro Bowl tackles (one of them--Kevin Williams--might be the best interior pass rusher in the league), and they still have one of the worst pass rushes in the league.

Listen, I'm not saying that D-tackle doesn't need to be addressed. I just believe (strongly) that a dynamic end does more for a pass rush and more for a defense than a dynamic tackle. And, I don't believe that either current starter at end is of NFL starting-caliber.
                          I totally agree... Especially since we use a 4-3 system. In the 3-4, a pocket collapsing DT, and someone who will consistantly take on double teams to free up backers is a must...

Not to mention we just invested all that $$ in Warren last year, so it's almost a certainty that Shanny & Co. aren't going to wrap up precious cap space on another DT, especially a higher draft pick that would demand more $$... Hell, even if we didn't have Warren it would be unlikely that they would be comfortable putting that kind of money into a DT.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff_bronc_fan
                            I totally agree... Especially since we use a 4-3 system. In the 3-4, a pocket collapsing DT, and someone who will consistantly take on double teams to free up backers is a must...

Not to mention we just invested all that $$ in Warren last year, so it's almost a certainty that Shanny & Co. aren't going to wrap up precious cap space on another DT, especially a higher draft pick that would demand more $$... Hell, even if we didn't have Warren it would be unlikely that they would be comfortable putting that kind of money into a DT.
                            AND, we don't have to go bonkers in the draft on a pass-rushing tackle...there are three or four guys that project to go in rounds 3/4 that would do just fine here.

To get a good edge rusher though...you almost always have to pony up.

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
                              AND, we don't have to go bonkers in the draft on a pass-rushing tackle...there are three or four guys that project to go in rounds 3/4 that would do just fine here.

To get a good edge rusher though...you almost always have to pony up.
                              i dunno about you WA, but i would prefer a run stuffing DT as opposed to a pass rushing DT. our rush defense was not what it should have been this season.

Made by Snk16

Comment

Working...
                              X