X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver_56
    replied
    Originally posted by DURANGO BRONCO
    This guy played lights out against Wisconsin in Bowl game. He would be a huge asset and should be available late first.
    actually i have heard reports that he might challenge for a top 10 pick.hate to burst ur bubble.hopefully he''ll have bad workouts or somethin though taht cause him to fall.

Leave a comment:

• DURANGO BRONCO
    replied
    This guy played lights out against Wisconsin in Bowl game. He would be a huge asset and should be available late first.

Leave a comment:

• Zoneblock249
    replied
    Im so dumb, i thought this thread was about Jamal Anderson (RB ATL Falcons) coming out of retirement.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoRT
    replied
    Originally posted by DancingHorsey
    A consistent pass-rush needs guys to get a push up the middle. We had absolutely no push from the inside this year, and many times that allowed QBs to step up and avoid our DEs. Overall our DEs score a C for the season, and our DTs an F when it comes to the pass rush. On top of that, we really were spotty against the run. So an all-around DT is a greater need. Not that we don't need better DEs mind you, but DT is where we REALLY need to upgrade. By the way, the guys you listed all played at a higher level than the guys this year.
    I totally agree with you on this, but there are 4 DE's in this draft as of now that I would take over a DT. Adams, Moses, Woodley and Anderson. These are the top four guys and if we have a chance at one of them we should grab one. If all four are gone then look at DT's Okoye from Loiusville, Tank Tyler from N.C. State, Justin Harrell from Tennessee or Alan Branch from Michigan. We can porbably still get a solid DT in the second round also.

Then again it is Shanny drafting...

Leave a comment:

• BroncoRT
    replied
    Originally posted by WABronco
    Excellent news!

This guy's as close to 100% beast as you can get...

I watched Anderson in the Capital One bowl and I was very impressed. At the #20 spot we can either get Moses, Anderson or Woodley who will all be good pass rushers.

Leave a comment:

• tjhenry
    replied
    i'm at teh U of A right now, houston and anderson, there goes our defense

Leave a comment:

• WABronco
    replied
    Realistically though, we have no shot at this guy. He'll just bump someone down to us...

Leave a comment:

• WABronco
    replied
    Originally posted by dogfish
    was that going against thomas?
    No he plays LE...

...which makes him even better. He can play either side in the league.

Leave a comment:

• stnzed
    replied
    A consistent pass-rush needs guys to get a push up the middle. We had absolutely no push from the inside this year, and many times that allowed QBs to step up and avoid our DEs. Overall our DEs score a C for the season, and our DTs an F when it comes to the pass rush. On top of that, we really were spotty against the run. So an all-around DT is a greater need. Not that we don't need better DEs mind you, but DT is where we REALLY need to upgrade. By the way, the guys you listed all played at a higher level than the guys this year.

Maybe thats b/c the only D-lineman worth double teaming is DT Gerard Warren.

But your right, the Broncos could use help inside too. But they could realistically use help at every position other than LB.

Leave a comment:

• dogfish
    replied
    He collected three sacks in a 17-14 loss to Wisconsin in the Capital One Bowl.

was that going against thomas?

Leave a comment:

• BF_forever
    replied
    I say we get a big run stuffing DT, not in the first, just somewhere. Teams cannot runto the outside on us because our LBs are so fast. Teams this year have had success up the middle against us specially without Al Wilson. we need to protect are undersized LBs with oversized DTs.

Leave a comment:

• WABronco
    replied
    gee no kiddin...

Leave a comment:

• DancingHorsey
    replied
    From 2002-2004, Denver had two top-10 pass rushes (12th in adjusted sack rate in '03). During that period, Denver had DE's Reggie Hayward, Bertrand Berry, and Trevor Pryce (moved to LE following '01 season). Care to guess who the DT's were during that time? Darius Holland...do you even remember him? How 'bout Mario Fatafehi? Monsanto Pope? Luther Ellis?

If that doesn't work for you, take the Saints as another example. Or Buffalo. Or even the Giants (when they aren't decimated by injuries). None of these teams possess great penetrating, pocket-collapsing tackles...yet they still have an above average pass rush.

If you want to go with the complete inverse, look at Minnesota. They've got two Pro Bowl tackles (one of them--Kevin Williams--might be the best interior pass rusher in the league), and they still have one of the worst pass rushes in the league.

Listen, I'm not saying that D-tackle doesn't need to be addressed. I just believe (strongly) that a dynamic end does more for a pass rush and more for a defense than a dynamic tackle. And, I don't believe that either current starter at end is of NFL starting-caliber.

Leave a comment:

• TheChampion
    replied
    AND, we don't have to go bonkers in the draft on a pass-rushing tackle...there are three or four guys that project to go in rounds 3/4 that would do just fine here.

To get a good edge rusher though...you almost always have to pony up.
    i dunno about you WA, but i would prefer a run stuffing DT as opposed to a pass rushing DT. our rush defense was not what it should have been this season.

Leave a comment:

• WABronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Buff_bronc_fan
    I totally agree... Especially since we use a 4-3 system. In the 3-4, a pocket collapsing DT, and someone who will consistantly take on double teams to free up backers is a must...

Not to mention we just invested all that $$ in Warren last year, so it's almost a certainty that Shanny & Co. aren't going to wrap up precious cap space on another DT, especially a higher draft pick that would demand more $$... Hell, even if we didn't have Warren it would be unlikely that they would be comfortable putting that kind of money into a DT.
    AND, we don't have to go bonkers in the draft on a pass-rushing tackle...there are three or four guys that project to go in rounds 3/4 that would do just fine here.

To get a good edge rusher though...you almost always have to pony up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X