Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jared Gaither, OT and Quentin Groves, DE ready to declare.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver_56
    replied
    Originally posted by Dream
    A third-year sophomore, Gaither has limited experience, and his technique is extremely raw. He also has some character baggage due to a one-game suspension for disciplinary reasons in this year's opener. Despite his flaws, though, Gaither has the size (6-foot-9, 330) and athletic ability to be molded into a starting left tackle within two years of entering the league, which is why I expect him to be gone by the end of the second round.

Auburn's Quentin Groves reportedly has made up his mind to leave school early. A 'tweener defensive end/outside linebacker, Groves displays good pass-rushing skills but needs to improve his bulk and strength in order to hold up versus the run. In my opinion, Groves could slip to the end of the first day and would be wise to return for his senior season at Auburn.
    man sounds like gaither is an incredible player.i was really impressed with the bull rushing ability that groves displayed in the nebraska game though.i dont know if he does it on a consistant basis but he looked like a pretty good player to.

Leave a comment:

• hilife
    replied
    Gaither has some character concerns and lack of football experience; it just really depends on how well he tests and interviews; which I expect the testing to do amazing at. It also comes down to the raw talent versus proven production argument that so many scouting directors and scouts talk about (Goodman loved to touch on this.) and whether or not people are willing to risk taking a kid who has limited experience but so much potential.

Gaither would be awesome for this team; but I can't see him falling to our second-round pick and by the time April comes I think you'll hear his name called in the first-round; if not the high first round; he's special.
    Lets draft him and make him a WR. They would need a DT to cover him.

Leave a comment:

• Dream
    replied
    Originally posted by Lorcust
    Could you see him lasting to our second round pick?

If not, do you see a reasonable trade able to get within range to select him?

Just wondering on our possibilities.

Doug Free was good, this guy sounds great.
    Gaither has some character concerns and lack of football experience; it just really depends on how well he tests and interviews; which I expect the testing to do amazing at. It also comes down to the raw talent versus proven production argument that so many scouting directors and scouts talk about (Goodman loved to touch on this.) and whether or not people are willing to risk taking a kid who has limited experience but so much potential.

Gaither would be awesome for this team; but I can't see him falling to our second-round pick and by the time April comes I think you'll hear his name called in the first-round; if not the high first round; he's special.

Leave a comment:

• Lorcust
    replied
    Gaither is a maniac and he should fly up boards. How many 6'9 - 350 kids can run under a 4.75? Unreal. He's not fat; he's just a muscular freak.
    Could you see him lasting to our second round pick?

If not, do you see a reasonable trade able to get within range to select him?

Just wondering on our possibilities.

Doug Free was good, this guy sounds great.

Leave a comment:

• silkamilkamonic
    replied
    Good.

Keep the talent declaring early.

OSU could have at least 3 declare after the National Championship, but what about Florida?

Leave a comment:

• Dream
    replied
    Gaither is a maniac and he should fly up boards. How many 6'9 - 350 kids can run under a 4.75? Unreal. He's not fat; he's just a muscular freak.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisKamanowns
    replied
    if jared would wanna move to right tackle i'd say take him in the second (trade up just in case). i think he could be a dominate o-linemn

Leave a comment:

• Jared Gaither, OT and Quentin Groves, DE ready to declare.

A third-year sophomore, Gaither has limited experience, and his technique is extremely raw. He also has some character baggage due to a one-game suspension for disciplinary reasons in this year's opener. Despite his flaws, though, Gaither has the size (6-foot-9, 330) and athletic ability to be molded into a starting left tackle within two years of entering the league, which is why I expect him to be gone by the end of the second round.

Auburn's Quentin Groves reportedly has made up his mind to leave school early. A 'tweener defensive end/outside linebacker, Groves displays good pass-rushing skills but needs to improve his bulk and strength in order to hold up versus the run. In my opinion, Groves could slip to the end of the first day and would be wise to return for his senior season at Auburn.
Working...
X