Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next season wants/needs thingy

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Next season wants/needs thingy

    I would like a RB or S in the 1ST round because WE DON'T NEED A DL, because Dumervil is a rising star and will pickup a GOOD DL in FA so take RB that knows the cutback/zoneblocking scheme or a Fast/Hardhitting safety like Meriweather or Zibokowaski(sp)

    We also need a new OL because our OL are getting older so if 1 of them retires or gets injured we don't have much young OL to fill in

    Also, we need a CB to fill in for D-Will (god rest his soul) so we should pick 1 up in FA or Draft one early

    Oh yea and finally we need to get a new DC because Coyer doesn't blitz enough, we need a guy who will risk putting 8 men in the box
    Last edited by Rollo; 01-07-2007, 03:52 PM.

  • #2
    someone reply

    Comment


    • #3
      we will draft RB in first round/through FA..

      shanny will then address all the DL problems.

      Comment


      • #4
        There is a pretty big chance that Shanny will keep the Bell's or at least Tatum...although I personally would be in favor of a bigger back it's nice seeing Mike Bell jump over the goal line but we need a short yardage back. I was impressed that we were able to get it done on the ground as well as we did, but unfortunatly it wasn't exactly Broncos style it was inconsistent. I'd be in favor of drafting a bigger back one who is tough and can bang it out a little. Also, both lines need some work. Our OL was as mentioned else where a speedy light OL meant to move fast and allow Jake to roll out, now we need a solid pocket. Also, our DL didn't impress me. Everybody on the line made some great plays especially Lang and Dumervil but the pressure was inconsistent and it put far too much pressure on the secondary. One more good pass rusher, one more OL to replace you know who and one bigger back. Our secondary was weakened a little by the loss of Dee but I like Foxworth so I prioritize that less. WR core will be great next year, LB solid and fast as always, and despite Lynch's age I think we are fine at safety.
        __________________
        Philosophy, Football...and Scuba. Scuba doesn't fit the alliteration scheme, oh well my personal favorite photo. Took it last summer while diving in Mexico

        Comment


        • #5
          i think that they should pick up the chargers backup RB...is his name turner??? i watched him and he is explosive, hes short but is fast and has thick legs to pound it out...kinda reminds me of maurice jones-drew....he would work great with our offense, we need a cb...we have foxworth so then we would need one more...i say take a cb in the 1st round and try to get turner, then we're good to go...the d-line is doing great, o-line is one of the best, good qb, good safetys, the only problem is a rb and another cb...then were in the super bowl with a win
          B-WooD

          Comment


          • #6
            I wouldnt say D line was great...they had great moments but the pressure was inconsistent...for every sack I saw, I saw 4-5 plays where their quarterback had tons of time to pick our secondary apart. I dont even want sacks just consistent pressure.
            __________________
            Philosophy, Football...and Scuba. Scuba doesn't fit the alliteration scheme, oh well my personal favorite photo. Took it last summer while diving in Mexico

            Comment


            • #7
              Dumervile is an undersized pass-rush specialist who provided marginal production this season. Though he showed some potential this year, his physical attributed give him a very low ceiling for improvement. Ekuban played well this season, but there is not a DE on this team that can play competently across from Ekuban on normal 1st/2nd down situations. The DT play was attrocious this year. Warren disappeared once he got his paycheck, and Myers was, at the best of times, average. Now if you think we can pick up 3 elite D-Linemen in FA, then sure, don't take on in the first. But even FA are not a real solution to our DLine problem. They are at best a stopgap that might bring at best 3 years of service. Denver needs t obring in some elite D-Line prospects through the draft and develop them like every other competent franchise in the NFL.
              Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by chickennob2
                Dumervile is an undersized pass-rush specialist who provided marginal production this season. Though he showed some potential this year, his physical attributed give him a very low ceiling for improvement. Ekuban played well this season, but there is not a DE on this team that can play competently across from Ekuban on normal 1st/2nd down situations. The DT play was attrocious this year. Warren disappeared once he got his paycheck, and Myers was, at the best of times, average. Now if you think we can pick up 3 elite D-Linemen in FA, then sure, don't take on in the first. But even FA are not a real solution to our DLine problem. They are at best a stopgap that might bring at best 3 years of service. Denver needs t obring in some elite D-Line prospects through the draft and develop them like every other competent franchise in the NFL.

                /nod.../agree
                __________________
                Philosophy, Football...and Scuba. Scuba doesn't fit the alliteration scheme, oh well my personal favorite photo. Took it last summer while diving in Mexico

                Comment


                • #9
                  Would be easier to list the solidified positions

                  Those starters set in stone would be a shorter list:

                  1 QB (Plummer will be gone)
                  2 WR (Rod will retire)
                  1 C (please stay Tommy)
                  1 TE Tony is coming along well

                  2 DB
                  3 LB

                  1 K
                  1 P

                  The rest? well that is what this post is about...it's a long list.
                  This is the NFL!!

                  Don't sing it... Bring It!!!!!



                  Go Broncos!!!!!!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by DEN_BOWL_06
                    we will draft RB in first round/through FA..

                    shanny will then address all the DL problems.

                    no...he will draft a CB(Daymeion Hughes)/ end(woodley)...those are the two projected to be avaidible.

                    And i also so that they are PROJECTING Ted Ginn to be avad. to draft. I would love it if that happened. (OHIO STATE FAN.)

                    PS.(OSU>Flordia tommorrow!!!!)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Eudaimonia
                      I wouldnt say D line was great...they had great moments but the pressure was inconsistent...for every sack I saw, I saw 4-5 plays where their quarterback had tons of time to pick our secondary apart. I dont even want sacks just consistent pressure.
                      yeah i see wat u mean now...they would get a sack, then there would be a big play or a first down on a pass...they need some backups and fresh legs to switch in and out with(consistent ones)
                      B-WooD

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by wood9521
                        yeah i see wat u mean now...they would get a sack, then there would be a big play or a first down on a pass...they need some backups and fresh legs to switch in and out with(consistent ones)

                        I think Duremvial(spelling) will be very good if he jus gets playing time. He proved himself by leading all rookies in fumble recorives, 3rd in sacks(8.5, not bad) and had a few forced fumbles.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Champ4DOP
                          I think Duremvial(spelling) will be very good if he jus gets playing time. He proved himself by leading all rookies in fumble recorives, 3rd in sacks(8.5, not bad) and had a few forced fumbles.
                          i thought he played alot this season?(dumervil) i live out here in PA so i dont see as many games
                          B-WooD

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by konnorrollison
                            I would like a RB or S in the 1ST round because WE DON'T NEED A DL, because Dumervil is a rising star and will pickup a GOOD DL in FA so take RB that knows the cutback/zoneblocking scheme or a Fast/Hardhitting safety like Meriweather or Zibokowaski(sp)

                            We also need a new OL because our OL are getting older so if 1 of them retires or gets injured we don't have much young OL to fill in

                            Also, we need a CB to fill in for D-Will (god rest his soul) so we should pick 1 up in FA or Draft one early

                            Oh yea and finally we need to get a new DC because Coyer doesn't blitz enough, we need a guy who will risk putting 8 men in the box


                            the time to quit relying on free agent DT and DE was a long time ago......we need a legitamate DT ..a young force to help with warren...and a big fast De would also be a blessing....a Rb will be the easiest thing about our offense to fix...by free agency or draft...the dline is and has been the most pressing matter for a while now
                            sigpic
                            when do native Americans become human and not mascots

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by wood9521
                              i thought he played alot this season?(dumervil) i live out here in PA so i dont see as many games
                              Dumervil didn't play the first four games, and was normally in the games on 3rd down or passing situations, just like Chuckwarh (I have no idea if that is how its spelled). Dumervil has speed to go around tackles to get the sack, he doesn't have the strength to go through a block to get the sack or stop the run.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X