No announcement yet.

When do the Broncos Start Making Moves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When do the Broncos Start Making Moves?

When do you guys think the Broncos will start making coaching changes...or do you think they will at all.

I would really like to see Coyer pack and maybe even Ronnie Bradford. We have to much talent on the defensive side of the ball to have it wasted with poor coaching.

I would assume around the end of February and into March. I think teams have to wait until after the entire season is over until they can talk to other coaches about possible job oportunities.
    sigpic

Comment

I didn't think so?

I thought that was one more advantage teams outta the playoffs had on teams in?

Not sure though
      Bronco fan from Packer Land.
      Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
      Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Originally posted by OC1981
        When do you guys think the Broncos will start making coaching changes...or do you think they will at all.

I would really like to see Coyer pack and maybe even Ronnie Bradford. We have to much talent on the defensive side of the ball to have it wasted with poor coaching.
        I don't know about Coyer, but my guess is that Bradford might get a pink slip.
        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

that's something that i've been wondering (and worrying!) about. . . . i realize that our offseason has barely begun (and it's possible that things have been pushed back in response to the darrent williams tragedy), but i also don't see much sense in waiting to make moves. . . other teams around the league have already begun the process of making changes on the coaching staff, including five teams firing their head coaches-- teams are already scheduling and conducting interviews. . .

i don't want to come off as reactionary, but i've been saying since midseason that ronnie bradford at the least needs to be let go-- his units have never performed especially well, and this year they really hit rock bottom. . . our average starting field position was terrible, and we were one of the worst teams in the league at kick coverage. . . "special" teams failed to make any impact plays all season, unless you count making a negative impact. . . i'm not one of the spoiled fans who screams for half the team to be let go any time we lose a game, but i really just can't see any justification at all for bradford keeping his job. . . if we'd really had fantastic ST under him before i could see calling it a down year and giving him a chance to rebound, but he's really never produced much of anything. . .

i'm trying to be patient, but unfortunately, the longer we go without making a move, the more the horrible conviction that we AREN'T going to make a move rises. . . if shenanigans is going to fire him, what is he waiting for? it's no kindness to string him on. . . no, i am starting to believe that we're going to keep him after all, and if that ends up being the case it is simply baffling to me. . . come on mike, the bum needs to go! as for coyer, i never expected him to be fired in the first place, so inactivity there is coming as no shocker to me. . . .
          Last edited by dogfish; 01-07-2007, 06:02 PM.
          Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Sadly, I don't think that Coyer is on his way out.
            sigpic

Comment

"Be patient my little grasshoppers!"

The off-season has just started, and we had one of the worst tragic events in the leagues' long history just happen seven sad days ago, give some mourning time. A player was murdered, not that he had a sad fluke accident, but was crudely executed in what seems 'street gang fashion'...that a top the loss to San Francisco, I am sure they are clearing their heads. According to a friend of mine, Shanahan is letting the staff reflect and recoup from the loss, they are suppose to meet Monday or Tuesday to discuss changes needed and other issues, I am sure within the next two weeks Coyer will be called in as will Bradford to discuss their futures with this team, maybe even Dennison and they will from their break down which coaches and staff to keep, let go or search for and they will likely have made moves before the Super Bowl Sunday, so we are talking three or four weeks and we will likely know more.

Comment

when is the draft and start of free agency?

Comment

Originally posted by lancane

The off-season has just started, and we had one of the worst tragic events in the leagues' long history just happen seven sad days ago, give some mourning time. A player was murdered, not that he had a sad fluke accident, but was crudely executed in what seems 'street gang fashion'...that a top the loss to San Francisco, I am sure they are clearing their heads. According to a friend of mine, Shanahan is letting the staff reflect and recoup from the loss, they are suppose to meet Monday or Tuesday to discuss changes needed and other issues, I am sure within the next two weeks Coyer will be called in as will Bradford to discuss their futures with this team, maybe even Dennison and they will from their break down which coaches and staff to keep, let go or search for and they will likely have made moves before the Super Bowl Sunday, so we are talking three or four weeks and we will likely know more.
                  I hope youre friend is right lancane!! :thumb:
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JoRo
                    I didn't think so?

I thought that was one more advantage teams outta the playoffs had on teams in?

Not sure though
                    Maybe that was what I heard. Teams that are out of the playoffs are not allowed to speak with coaches of teams that are in the playoffs until said team is eliminated.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos74310
                      when is the draft and start of free agency?
                      im pretty sure the draft happens sometime in april

make that

110 days 12 hours 53 minutes
                      Last edited by superFREAK; 01-07-2007, 08:05 PM.

R.I.P. D.Nash, D.Will

Comment

Originally posted by Chidoze
                        Maybe that was what I heard. Teams that are out of the playoffs are not allowed to speak with coaches of teams that are in the playoffs until said team is eliminated.
                        I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Kubes was already hired by the Texans before we lost in the AFC Champ game.

I think I heard talk about him getting chosen by them around the bye week. I know he definatly interviewed then.

Comment

Originally posted by OC1981
                          I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Kubes was already hired by the Texans before we lost in the AFC Champ game.

I think I heard talk about him getting chosen by them around the bye week. I know he definatly interviewed then.
                          Hmm, I dont know about that. I think you could be right because if a team gets another teams consent to speak with the coach, it's ok then. I'm not sure on that though.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lancane

Does anyone envy Shanahan at all considering the decisions he's left with this off-season?

I would like to see them give Coyer some d-lineman to work with before he is let go. With understanding that he may be let go if the defense doesn't improve.

I'm with you in thinking Dennison may have too much on his plate. Let's hope the Broncos lighten his load a little, and bring in a new/or even old O-line coach. Or maybe they move Dennison back to the o-line exclusively, Idk.

Bradford may be in over his head. Maybe they can just change his title a little and make him an assistant to a more established ST coordinator like Pete Rodriguez.

Hell! Move Dennison back to ST coach.

Then there's the possibility that the Broncos may have to replace Turner.

On top of that Shanahan may have to make some tough personel changes to what has always been a tight lockerroom that is now in the wake of a tragedy (Which kinda puts all this into perspective).

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed
                              Does anyone envy Shanahan at all considering the decisions he's left with this off-season?

I would like to see them give Coyer some d-lineman to work with before he is let go. With understanding that he may be let go if the defense doesn't improve.

I'm with you in thinking Dennison may have too much on his plate. Let's hope the Broncos lighten his load a little, and bring in a new/or even old O-line coach. Or maybe they move Dennison back to the o-line exclusively, Idk.

Bradford may be in over his head. Maybe they can just change his title a little and make him an assistant to a more established ST coordinator like Pete Rodriguez.

Hell! Move Dennison back to ST coach.

Then there's the possibility that the Broncos may have to replace Turner.

On top of that Shanahan may have to make some tough personel changes to what has always been a tight lockerroom that is now in the wake of a tragedy (Which kinda puts all this into perspective).
                              Envy...no way, I think Shanahan may be facing his hardest task to date, rebounding from what is essentially the worst end to a season any team could expect. There is a million and one things that could happen now, anyone of the coaches or players could reflect on their future or career...this tragedy or similar tragedies make some tend to remember how short and delicate life really is, it could be enough to see Lepsis, Nalen, Smith and even Lynch retire -- there is an issue of want and heart, the other thing is are they in it to win it, or is it about the money, because this will seperate the girls from the boys real quick on the field! Hell, we could see Shanahan give up the team at this point, there has been little on the extension...and I have heard he has been thinking about hanging it up, hopefully a dead end rumor, but enough to know this event really hurts the organization with the daunting tasks at hand!

Good Post Stnzed!

Comment

Working...
                              X