Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

broncos w/ the 6th pick????

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • broncos w/ the 6th pick????

    In an article that I read in aug w/ The Rocky Mountain News says that w/ the lelie trade the broncos swaped first round picks with the redskins. That would give the broncos the 6th overall pick. Can anyone verify this?
    here's the article.http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...937878,00.html
    [url]

    this is what the article said
    "Based on the teams' finish this season, the Broncos, at best, could end up with the Redskins' first- and third-round picks in the 2007 draft if the Redskins finish with a worse record than the Broncos.

    In that scenario, the Broncos and Redskins would flip-flop first-round picks, with Denver moving up in the opening round and the Redskins moving down. The Broncos would then get the Redskins' third-round pick as well."
    Last edited by HoustonBronco54; 01-07-2007, 08:51 PM.

  • #2
    sigh....



    the 6th in the THIRD round...

    can mods somehow let us sticky the trade so we stop using up space for this?


    its a good question though just lots of people asking
    Bronco fan from Packer Land.
    Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by HoustonBronco54
      In an article that I read in aug w/ The Rocky Mountain News says that w/ the lelie trade the broncos swaped first round picks with the redskins. That would give the broncos the 6th overall pick. Can anyone verify this?
      here's the article.http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...937878,00.html
      [url]

      The Broncos get a 3rd round pick in 07. And a 4th round pick in 08.

      Unless something out of this world has happened the Broncos WILL NOT BE GETTING THE REDSKINS 1st round pick.

      Comment


      • #4
        have u read the article?

        if you use the link that i put, the article says they broncos swap 1st round picks. sorry but i'm in houston and the only info i get is from places like the rockymountain news and the dever post, where does it say that they swap 3rd round picks and not 1st? thanks.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by HoustonBronco54
          if you use the link that i put, the article says they broncos swap 1st round picks. sorry but i'm in houston and the only info i get is from places like the rockymountain news and the dever post, where does it say that they swap 3rd round picks and not 1st? thanks.
          They don't swap 3rds... they get Washington's straight up. They also get Washington's 4th rounder in 08.
          RIP Darrent Williams

          Comment


          • #6
            I just want to take this opportunity to say, "I told you so."

            I said we should get one of the good explanations of this and sticky it, did anybody listen, noooooooooooooo. Well who's laughing now?


            I suppose nobody really because nothing funny happened. I hate Mondays.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by HoustonBronco54
              if you use the link that i put, the article says they broncos swap 1st round picks. sorry but i'm in houston and the only info i get is from places like the rockymountain news and the dever post, where does it say that they swap 3rd round picks and not 1st? thanks.

              The trade had a number of different stipulations in it. The stipulation in which we swap first round picks stated that we would swap if the difference in value between our two picks equalled that of a 3rd round pick. For instance on a trade value chart the 6th overall pick is worth about 1600 "points" and the 21st overall pick is worth 800 points. Since the highest valued 3rd round pick is only about 265, then the difference in values between the two first round picks does not equal a 3rd rounder, thus no swap.

              If we had ended up with the 9th overall pick then we would have been able to swap. Instead we get the defaulted value of the trade, a 3rd in '07 and a 4th in '08.


              Get it?

              Zero Wing, the greatest Japanese to English translation ever...

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Milehigh117
                The trade had a number of different stipulations in it. The stipulation in which we swap first round picks stated that we would swap if the difference in value between our two picks equalled that of a 3rd round pick. For instance on a trade value chart the 6th overall pick is worth about 1600 "points" and the 21st overall pick is worth 800 points. Since the highest valued 3rd round pick is only about 265, then the difference in values between the two first round picks does not equal a 3rd rounder, thus no swap.

                If we had ended up with the 9th overall pick then we would have been able to swap. Instead we get the defaulted value of the trade, a 3rd in '07 and a 4th in '08.


                Get it?
                Better you than me trying to explain all that!

                The bottom line is that only if the Redskins made the playoffs like they did in 2005 would the Broncos have swapped #1 picks. Since they have a top 10 pick, they keep it. and give the Broncos their #6 pick in the third round and a 4th rounder in 2008.

                That's all anyone needs to know.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Cugel

                  The bottom line is that only if the Redskins made the playoffs like they did in 2005 would the Broncos have swapped #1 picks. Since they have a top 10 pick, they keep it. and give the Broncos their #6 pick in the third round and a 4th rounder in 2008.

                  That's all anyone needs to know.
                  That's not quite right, either, I don't believe.

                  Our #21 is worth 800.
                  The #15 is worth 1050.

                  So, we would have moved up had the Redskins had pick 15 to 20.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    can someone just please explain this to me ... i heard we get the redskins 1st round pick if the moon if half on the 8th day of the 3rd month .. and we get their 3rd pick if they get 12 1st downs in their last home game.. is that correct ..
                    sigpic

                    sig by B4B6..

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by lynchembaby
                      can someone just please explain this to me ... i heard we get the redskins 1st round pick if the moon if half on the 8th day of the 3rd month .. and we get their 3rd pick if they get 12 1st downs in their last home game.. is that correct ..
                      Yea, I'd say that settles all the confusion.
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X