Michael Turner!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Turner!!!!!!

We need Michael Turner. Cut Jake and Tatum. Free up some cash. Sign Turner. Address the d-line and safety position in the draft. If possible do what we can to get Asanti Samuel too. Freeny will be franchised by the colts and will not be available. Michael Turner makes us a real contender. Imagine if we score just one touchdown inside the 5 in the SF game. I like mike bell but he is not powerfull enough. Turner is the complete package.

We would give up a first-round draft pick in the process as Turner's tender would likely be so. Pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Dream
      We would give up a first-round draft pick in the process as Turner's tender would likely be so. Pass.
      Agreed. Too hefty of a price

Comment

Maybe I don't understand, why would we have to give up a first round pick for Turner?

Comment

Originally posted by ballen
          Maybe I don't understand, why would we have to give up a first round pick for Turner?

As a restricted free agent, his team has the right to match or exceed any offer to him from another team. And the Chargers would not let him sign with a division rival with extracting multiple tons of flesh from that team.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
          You should check these guys out

Comment

I don't see how they can decide. All we have to do is make the offer and they either match it or they don't. Which I wouldn't think they could afford to pay their back up running back what we would/should be willing to pay him.

Comment

I don't see how they can decide. All we have to do is make the offer and they either match it or they don't. Which I wouldn't think they could afford to pay their back up running back what we would/should be willing to pay him.
              If they do match it they keep him and if they can not we have to give up a draft pick to them -- so either way it could cost us much more!

Let Turner play elsewhere, I think the Jets, Giants or Packers are more interested, and let them have him.

Comment

What you're missing is that because he's a restricted free agent the Chargers can put any kind of tender on that they wish, if we signed him they would get a first round pick for him that is more than likely what they will want if they lose his services.
                John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

If they ask for a 1st-rounder they're crazy.
                  Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by DancingHorsey
                    Why do you think that? Asking for a first round tender would probably scare off many if not most teams interested in him. It might make it a little easier to resign him if that's what the Chargers want to do.
                    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by DancingHorsey
                      Why? If we had a good backup and did not want to let him go, especially to maybe a potential team that could really hurt you - as in a rival, it is very smart. Either way they the Chargers win, because they either keep him or they get a top pick and that is a waste for the Broncos in any form!

Comment

ok let me be the first to say that turner will not be in a broncos uniform for the next season...its wasted money becuase we got tatum and mike where is turner going to fit in??? besides after darrents passing the broncos team became a family now, there not gona cut tatum bell, i dont think bowlen has the heart to do that...and obviously wer're not cutting mike bell either (future stud)....

i forgot to mention tatum was playing some games with a turf toe injury which i don't even have to explain how serious that is on a runningback.....the left side on denvers line wasn't playing to well becuase of an injury to lepsis and foster playing like garbage, tatum missed games and he split carries with mike and STILL rushed for 1000+yards which is ok in my books.....

if tatum stays healthy next year and the o-line aswell all i have to say is watch out he's gona tear it up in d-will's memory

Comment

Originally posted by javon84walker#1
                          ok let me be the first to say that turner will not be in a broncos uniform for the next season...its wasted money becuase we got tatum and mike where is turner going to fit in??? besides after darrents passing the broncos team became a family now, there not gona cut tatum bell, i dont think bowlen has the heart to do that...and obviously wer're not cutting mike bell either (future stud)....

i forgot to mention tatum was playing some games with a turf toe injury which i don't even have to explain how serious that is on a runningback.....the left side on denvers line wasn't playing to well becuase of an injury to lepsis and foster playing like garbage, tatum missed games and he split carries with mike and STILL rushed for 1000+yards which is ok in my books.....

if tatum stays healthy next year and the o-line aswell all i have to say is watch out he's gona tear it up in d-will's memory
                          You are getting things too jumbled. Darrent's passing has nothing to do with Tatum Bell. Tatum is a great back when his carries are limited. The Broncos know that and I don't think he will get the bulk of the carries next year.

I wouldn't mind having Turner on the Broncos, but not at the expense of a first round pick. And not for the amount of money it would take to sign him. I don't like the idea of spending a ton of money on a back that hasn't started in the NFL.
                          R.I.P. Darrent Williams

Comment

Earth to javon84walker #1, do you read? Do you read? I think we lost him.
                            Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Comment

Though the death of Williams is quite tragic, in many ways - especially running a football program it is nothing but motivation or a breaker, it could hurt them as much as help, other then that it does not mean ****. Sincerely, you do not run a football program, especially in the Pros by your heart...do not get me wrong but heart is one part of the bigger picture, and in Denver -- neither Mike Bell nor Tatum Bell are good enough, really is that simple. Tatum Bell's fumble-gastic abilities are not due to turf toe, it does not effect the hands! In your books they are good, but by most standards our run game is one thing that sincerely hurt us and I believe Tatum will be traded, likely to Houston along with Plummer to help us move in the draft and get some footing for Lynch -- but do not worry, Mike Bell (your stud) will return as the major backup and relief back to Lynch, and if by some chance they miss Lynch...they will go for Dawson, Irons, Darby or another possible franchise back.

They will not keep this team intact because the tragedy, the team is not good enough no matter the closeness they feel now, they need changes and changes are coming...tis the fans who think every player in orange and blue are great or better then they really are that will need to come to terms with the changes about to take place!

Comment

Working...
                              X