Michael Turner!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lancane
    Why? If we had a good backup and did not want to let him go, especially to maybe a potential team that could really hurt you - as in a rival, it is very smart. Either way they the Chargers win, because they either keep him or they get a top pick and that is a waste for the Broncos in any form!
    Point taken. Here's a question though: what if no one is willing to put up that kind of tender? Do they keep him by default with his current salary?
    Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Comment

i don't want to sound cocky, but our GM in sd is a genius.

i don't think even he thinks any team is stupid enough to give a 1st rounder for turner, i'm thinking he'll trade turner for a 2nd or a player during the offseason, somewhere.

after what he did to the giants though, who knows, maybe some team will give us a 1st rounder for turner via offering him a contract we won't want to match.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DancingHorsey
        Point taken. Here's a question though: what if no one is willing to put up that kind of tender? Do they keep him by default with his current salary?
        if no one makes turner an offer after we placed a tender on him, he signs the tender which is basically a year long contract, then we either trade him before the deadline in 07, renegotiate to keep him after that 07 year, or he becomes a unrestriced free agent for offseason of 08.
        sigpic

Comment

lancane..

would u like to bet that tatum will be wearing orange and blue next season with 1000+ season?

Comment

Originally posted by DancingHorsey
            What will happen is quite simple, they will ask for a 1st Round pick, this usually scares away possible rivals from trying, then they will either re-sign him or slap a franchise tag on him and then try and trade him for just a tad less. It is not the smartest of moves because you have to pay him top dollar for the position if they tag him and so will any team that gets him...in my opinion they may match any offer that a rival gives and if a team like Green Bay or New York got into it, they would then let him go...But if Denver makes a move, the Chargers Organization would fight tooth and nail to keep him out of our hands for anything less then a top shelf pick. No matter the deal would be for one year and he would be a free agent after the season, I think the Chargers will trade him to another team if they sing his tenure and then trade him to avoid there rivals from getting him.

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey

i don't think even he thinks any team is stupid enough to give a 1st rounder for turner, i'm thinking he'll trade turner for a 2nd or a player during the offseason, somewhere.

after what he did to the giants though, who knows, maybe some team will give us a 1st rounder for turner via offering him a contract we won't want to match.
              I wouldn't say that he's a genius. Good GM, yes, but not a genius.

He wanted to keep Phillip Rivers and let Drew Brees go. Rivers is a perfectly good QB, but Brees was the offensive player of the year in the NFC and catapulted the lowly Saints into the #2 seed in the playoffs!

I'd say any team outside of the Colts would be better off with Drew Brees.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lancane
                What will happen is quite simple, they will ask for a 1st Round pick, this usually scares away possible rivals from trying, then they will either re-sign him or slap a franchise tag on him and then try and trade him for just a tad less. It is not the smartest of moves because you have to pay him top dollar for the position if they tag him and so will any team that gets him...in my opinion they may match any offer that a rival gives and if a team like Green Bay or New York got into it, they would then let him go...But if Denver makes a move, the Chargers Organization would fight tooth and nail to keep him out of our hands for anything less then a top shelf pick. No matter the deal would be for one year and he would be a free agent after the season, I think the Chargers will trade him to another team if they sing his tenure and then trade him to avoid there rivals from getting him.
                It might not be the smartest move but if I'm not mistaken they're still one teams with a lot salary cap room to play with.
                John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by javon84walker#1
                  lancane..

would u like to bet that tatum will be wearing orange and blue next season with 1000+ season?
                  I already did, and here is a suggestion if you want to remain on the boards...asking to gamble (bet) openly is a violation of the board regulations. Unless your talking for CPs' and then you may be cool. As far as the bet, I suggest you find someone that deals with that (BK) and put your money on it and hopefully you can cover it when they come looking for payment!

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel
                    I wouldn't say that he's a genius. Good GM, yes, but not a genius.

He wanted to keep Phillip Rivers and let Drew Brees go. Rivers is a perfectly good QB, but Brees was the offensive player of the year in the NFC and catapulted the lowly Saints into the #2 seed in the playoffs!

I'd say any team outside of the Colts would be better off with Drew Brees.
                    rivers has been the best 4th qtr qb in the nfl this season

as for brees...he sucks vs the afc, sad but true, and you can look it up. he's owning the nfc now, that's like beating up a child.
                    sigpic

Comment

Nobody was willing to give up a 1st rounder for SA or Edge, no way any team gives up a 1st for a backup RB who (I admit) has looked good in limited action. And no way in a million years does the Broncos hand a 1st to SD for a RB, I am willing to bet money on this. He signs the tender with SD, end of story.
                      Eric Weddle S Utah

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey

He originally want Eli but Eli didn't want him. How good would Eli be in San Diego vs. Philip Rivers elsewhere? Who knows. That exchange on Draft Day I believe was luck, good for SD and thus far not so good for NY. So I wouldn't call him a genious, just very smart to flip a bad situation into a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn
                          He originally want Eli but Eli didn't want him. How good would Eli be in San Diego vs. Philip Rivers elsewhere? Who knows. That exchange on Draft Day I believe was luck, good for SD and thus far not so good for NY. So I wouldn't call him a genious, just very smart to flip a bad situation into a good one.
                          The thing is the Chargers said they wanted Rivers anyway, so why didn't they just draft him the first place?
                          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn
                            ploy..he made you think he wanted eli....see how it worked out?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                              The thing is the Chargers said they wanted Rivers anyway, so why didn't they just draft him the first place?
                              because they knew they could rape the giants...and they did
                              sigpic

Comment

AJ was a scouting director and butler's right hand man during the bills 4 superbowls, also AJ is the guy responsible for bringing flutie back to the nfl from canada.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X