X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kratos_godofwar
    replied
    Originally posted by jcdavey
    i think they'd maybe do it for a 1st rounder, because it's not marty's call.

Marty actually hates the raiders more than any one team, it's personal for some reason.
    I highly doubt the Chargers would let one of their divsion rivals tear them up when they had the chance to stop the Broncos from getting him.

Leave a comment:

• jcdavey
    replied
    Originally posted by kratos_godofwar
    Turner will not be a Bronco for one reason only, the Chargers aren't going to let Turner go to a Divsion Rival. No matter what. The Broncos could offer all the money they want but the Chargers will match it and then re work a deal or trade him to different team who will want him. Chargers would be crazy to let him go to a divsion rival when Marty obivously hates the Broncos because we have kept Marty out of the Superbowl twice.
    i think they'd maybe do it for a 1st rounder, because it's not marty's call.

Marty actually hates the raiders more than any one team, it's personal for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• kratos_godofwar
    replied
    Turner will not be a Bronco for one reason only, the Chargers aren't going to let Turner go to a Divsion Rival. No matter what. The Broncos could offer all the money they want but the Chargers will match it and then re work a deal or trade him to different team who will want him. Chargers would be crazy to let him go to a divsion rival when Marty obivously hates the Broncos because we have kept Marty out of the Superbowl twice.

Leave a comment:

• dogfish
    replied
    Originally posted by DevilSpawn
    He originally want Eli but Eli didn't want him. How good would Eli be in San Diego vs. Philip Rivers elsewhere? Who knows. That exchange on Draft Day I believe was luck, good for SD and thus far not so good for NY. So I wouldn't call him a genious, just very smart to flip a bad situation into a good one.

spawn, as much as it galls me to give props to anyone involved with the chargers, i've gotta give credit where credit is due. . . smith was john butler's assistant when they made one of the best decisions in draft history, passing on ron mexico to take a running back from TCU-- the decision that was the cornerstone in san diego's rise from league laughingstock to top seed. . . he was also part of the staff that found an undrafted basketball player who's since developed into the best TE in the league. . . and you can find plenty of other draft success stories on his resume as well. . . no, i don't love admitting it, but smith really has done a fantastic job with that organization. . .

Leave a comment:

• muffcon350
    replied
    Keep hoping

[QUOTE=javon84walker#1]ok let me be the first to say that turner will not be in a broncos uniform for the next season...its wasted money becuase we got tatum and mike where is turner going to fit in??? besides after darrents passing the broncos team became a family now, there not gona cut tatum bell, i dont think bowlen has the heart to do that...and obviously wer're not cutting mike bell either (future stud)....

Shanahan made it very clear last season that he wanted to draft Maroney, but just couldnt get him. He wants a feature back. Yes, I know tatum had a 1000 yard season, but all but about six or seven teams this year did as well. We werent anywhere near the top of the rushing offenses this year, like we usually are. Shanahan let our leading rusher go last off season because he wanted to hand pick a top running back from the draft that he felt could give a much needed boost to our offense. He is going after not only someone who can break off big runs but who can also pound it in on the goal line, and can be a third down back.

I like tatum, but lets face it, he will probably be traded away, as he still has some trade value, but I doubt shanahan will keep him on to be a back up to whomever we get in the draft.

Leave a comment:

• lancane
    replied
    Originally posted by javon84walker#1
    im sorry i just use that phrase alot...i wasn't serious about betting actual money or stuff...im just confident that tatum will wear orange and blue next season thats all...

no hard feelings lancane?
    No hard feelings, just letting you know...these boards saw a lot of early to mid-season fighting and other actions and the MODs' have really cut down on any violations, so it was just a good time to remind you to follow them...no worries, it is from experience I tell you, sucks to be booted off here for a short or long period!

It is nice to see loyalty in a fan, but remember this team has had a lot of wishy-washy starters and the fans, or most are tired of seeing inept players in the uniform, I like Tatum Bell...he would be a good relief back, but he will not except that role and his 1,000 yards mean much less in Denver because his fumble issues and other quams of finding the endzone. Mike Bell has proven to be as much a success in the relief role and the run by commity is starting to backfire on the team, no one is scared of our run game, there are tons of defenses that think it is a joke and that is not good for Cutler or the ability to make a run at a championship. If Tatum would have proven he was capable and had 1,500 yards and 10 to 15 touchdowns...I would say you had a very good argument, but he was weak this year, turf toe or not.

The only way I see him remaining is if Denver can not move high enough for Lynch. He would get a chance to compete against whoever they bring in, but if they miss Lynch, you can bet they went with a first day halfback, and I think 3/4 of the backs in day one are capable and may be an improvement over Tater.

If Denver misses out on Lynch, they may go with either Darby or Irons in the 2nd to early 3rd round, my favorite halfback behind those few is likely a late 3rd rounder to early 4th and that is Clifton Dawson out of Harvard, he would likely be a top 25 pick if not for the Ivy School Pedigree...so anything is possible and I will not be way dissapointed if they missed Lynch, a little yes, but I think there are so many needs, that no fan can fault them for any direction they may go.

Leave a comment:

• javon84walker#1
    replied
    Originally posted by lancane
    I already did, and here is a suggestion if you want to remain on the boards...asking to gamble (bet) openly is a violation of the board regulations. Unless your talking for CPs' and then you may be cool. As far as the bet, I suggest you find someone that deals with that (BK) and put your money on it and hopefully you can cover it when they come looking for payment!

im sorry i just use that phrase alot...i wasn't serious about betting actual money or stuff...im just confident that tatum will wear orange and blue next season thats all...

no hard feelings lancane?

Leave a comment:

• jcdavey
    replied
    Originally posted by Cugel
    Talk about blatant homerism!

He didn't suck versus the AFC when he went to the pro-bowl.

That statement makes ZERO sense. And to say the NFC is weak is just B.S. too!

Ask the Broncos about those "weaklings" in the NFC that kicked their ass and kept them out of the playoffs (Rams, Seattle, '49ers).

Right now, the Chargers and Colts and Ravens might be the best teams, but they might not too.

Last year Seattle was obviously superior to the Steelers, as well as to any AFC team, but the refs stole that game and gave it to the Steelers!

We'll see how well the Bears do in the playoffs. If they get it together like they were earlier in the year, they might be the best team.
    rivers is the best qb in the 4th qtr this season, i didn't make it up, it's statistically correct.

as for the nfc, brees yes made the pro bowl in 04, but the mistakes he made in 05 and even this year, are not as severe to a team playing in the nfc, go look up how he's done vs afc opponents the past three seasons.

he's 17 - 11

that's hardly earth shattering and when you go to the past 2 seasons he's only 8-8 vs the afc (7-5 in 05 and 1-3 this season)

it's pretty much widely known that the nfc is a joke in recent years.

Leave a comment:

• Cugel
    replied
    rivers has been the best 4th qtr qb in the nfl this season

as for brees...he sucks vs the afc, sad but true, and you can look it up. he's owning the nfc now, that's like beating up a child.
    Talk about blatant homerism!

He didn't suck versus the AFC when he went to the pro-bowl.

That statement makes ZERO sense. And to say the NFC is weak is just B.S. too!

Ask the Broncos about those "weaklings" in the NFC that kicked their ass and kept them out of the playoffs (Rams, Seattle, '49ers).

Right now, the Chargers and Colts and Ravens might be the best teams, but they might not too.

Last year Seattle was obviously superior to the Steelers, as well as to any AFC team, but the refs stole that game and gave it to the Steelers!

We'll see how well the Bears do in the playoffs. If they get it together like they were earlier in the year, they might be the best team.

Leave a comment:

• jcdavey
    replied
    AJ was a scouting director and butler's right hand man during the bills 4 superbowls, also AJ is the guy responsible for bringing flutie back to the nfl from canada.

Leave a comment:

• jcdavey
    replied
    Originally posted by TXBRONC
    The thing is the Chargers said they wanted Rivers anyway, so why didn't they just draft him the first place?
    because they knew they could rape the giants...and they did

Leave a comment:

• jcdavey
    replied
    He originally want Eli but Eli didn't want him. How good would Eli be in San Diego vs. Philip Rivers elsewhere? Who knows. That exchange on Draft Day I believe was luck, good for SD and thus far not so good for NY. So I wouldn't call him a genious, just very smart to flip a bad situation into a good one.
    ploy..he made you think he wanted eli....see how it worked out?

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    The thing is the Chargers said they wanted Rivers anyway, so why didn't they just draft him the first place?

Leave a comment:

• DevilSpawn
    replied
    i don't want to sound cocky, but our GM in sd is a genius.

i don't think even he thinks any team is stupid enough to give a 1st rounder for turner, i'm thinking he'll trade turner for a 2nd or a player during the offseason, somewhere.

after what he did to the giants though, who knows, maybe some team will give us a 1st rounder for turner via offering him a contract we won't want to match.

Leave a comment:

• lord_helmet
    replied
    Nobody was willing to give up a 1st rounder for SA or Edge, no way any team gives up a 1st for a backup RB who (I admit) has looked good in limited action. And no way in a million years does the Broncos hand a 1st to SD for a RB, I am willing to bet money on this. He signs the tender with SD, end of story.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X