Demarcus "Tank" Tyler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demarcus "Tank" Tyler

Is this guy really good. Is he what we are looking for in a pass rushing and run stuffing BIG DT. I mean he would probably fall to us most likely. Either him or Okoye. BUt I think Okoye would not fall to us. Will you guys tell me about Demarcus "Tank" Tyler. If he is a good prospect just think about it......Ekuban/Dumerville on one side, Warren, Tyler and (Hopefully, plz Shanny)Charles Grant or Justin Smith. OUr D-line would be amazing. TELL ME ABOUT TYLER THANKs

B-Marsh owning Al Harris(Aka: the supposed most physical corner in the league)

Mock Draft:

**If Ellis/Dorsey fall**

1) Dorsey or Ellis(whoever falls)
    2) Devin Thomas
    4) Frank Okam
    4) Beau Bell

**If Ellis/Dorsey dont fall**

1) Desean Jackson
    2) Pat Sims or Trevor Laws(whoever falls)
    4) Frank Okam
    4) Beau Bell

Tank is more of a run stopper, and we already have that with Warren.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan
      Tank is more of a run stopper, and we already have that with Warren.
      What games are you watching???
      We gave up 7 100 yard rushers 2 90 yard rushers.

The only games we didn't allow any big rushing yards was against the Raiders twice, the Browns, the Ravens, Cardinals and Pitt. Not exactly great runninng teams.

The only impressive run stopping we did was against New England.

Our DT's are in the bottom three of the league in quality and depth.

Warren is a rich second stringer.
      The three Keys to football
      1. Turnovers
      2. Field Position
      3. Red Zone Play

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoRT

The only games we didn't allow any big rushing yards was against the Raiders twice, the Browns, the Ravens, Cardinals and Pitt. Not exactly great runninng teams.

Not that I disagree but Steelers are a great running team...
        Bronco fan from Packer Land.
        Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
        Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoRT

Yea, but we faced LJ and LT twice, Shaun Alexander, Rudi Johnson, Steven Jackson, and you can even throw Frank Gore into those elite RBs. We weren't the only team to be used and abused by these backs. LJ had 132 against SD, 120 against BAL, and 138 against JAX. LT had 178 agaisnt BUF, 104 against CIN, and 199 against KC, not to mention the TDs. Shaun Alexander had 140 against SD, and 201 against a bad GB. Steven Jackson had 142 against the best run defense in the nfl MIN, they were only giving about 50 yards on the ground per game, he almost tripled that. That was the first game the Vikes allowed a 100 yard rusher. Frank Gore had 111 against CHI, and 171 agianst a decen NO deffense.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan
            Yea, but we faced LJ and LT twice, Shaun Alexander, Rudi Johnson, Steven Jackson, and you can even throw Frank Gore into those elite RBs. We weren't the only team to be used and abused by these backs. LJ had 132 against SD, 120 against BAL, and 138 against JAX. LT had 178 agaisnt BUF, 104 against CIN, and 199 against KC, not to mention the TDs. Shaun Alexander had 140 against SD, and 201 against a bad GB. Steven Jackson had 142 against the best run defense in the nfl MIN, they were only giving about 50 yards on the ground per game, he almost tripled that. That was the first game the Vikes allowed a 100 yard rusher. Frank Gore had 111 against CHI, and 171 agianst a decen NO deffense.
            Who cares who we allowed yards against ... the point is that we shouldn't be allowing yards against anyone!! I don't care if they are an "elite" running back or not. What happened to those first 6 weeks where our D showed up and actually played?! We definitely need to kick it up in the D-tackle area, pretty much everyone that ran on us didn't even have to turn outside, they just stayed off tackle. This of course puts the bulk of the tackles onto our backers (probably why they all took some wear and tear throughout the season).

What we need, is veteran gap filling from our Linebackers. Ian and Al are arguably the best in the league - let's get some help in the tackles and get a coordinator that knows *** he's doing

Comment

Originally posted by SlvrSurfRidr
              Who cares who we allowed yards against ... the point is that we shouldn't be allowing yards against anyone!! I don't care if they are an "elite" running back or not. What happened to those first 6 weeks where our D showed up and actually played?! We definitely need to kick it up in the D-tackle area, pretty much everyone that ran on us didn't even have to turn outside, they just stayed off tackle. This of course puts the bulk of the tackles onto our backers (probably why they all took some wear and tear throughout the season).

What we need, is veteran gap filling from our Linebackers. Ian and Al are arguably the best in the league - let's get some help in the tackles and get a coordinator that knows *** he's doing
              We do need a coordinator who knows what he is doing, against these teams if we just would have called a couple run blitzes we could have made some stops. Instead of praying they would run east and west so our speed would get them.
              sigpic

Comment

i love this kid. his big and talented. he played with mario, manny, and john. all who went in the first round last year. i think if he fall to us at 21 we have to take him.

his stats on the year: 49 total tackles, 8.5 For Losses, 3 sacks, 4 QBH, 1 FF

Comment

Well

Originally posted by broncs2bowl
                  Is this guy really good. Is he what we are looking for in a pass rushing and run stuffing BIG DT. I mean he would probably fall to us most likely. Either him or Okoye. BUt I think Okoye would not fall to us. Will you guys tell me about Demarcus "Tank" Tyler. If he is a good prospect just think about it......Ekuban/Dumerville on one side, Warren, Tyler and (Hopefully, plz Shanny)Charles Grant or Justin Smith. OUr D-line would be amazing. TELL ME ABOUT TYLER THANKs

All you need to know is that he won't be available at #21...

Comment

I don't see DeMarcus being a top 15 selection; or even top 20 unless he works out very well. . .

Comment

Originally posted by SlvrSurfRidr

I tried to give you CP's but my computer is acting funny. We play these guys TWICE A YEAR, EVERY YEAR so we have to stop them to win. That is why we should draft heavy at DT. We play 1/4 of our games a year against them and if their strength goes against our weakness, we are in trouble. We didn't stop them mainly because of the DT's and we were 1-3.
                      The three Keys to football
                      1. Turnovers
                      2. Field Position
                      3. Red Zone Play

Comment

Look at the Jags DT's, Henderson and Stroud. Both give them great run stopping ability and also gives their ends great pass rush. Having to run stoppers in the middle is not a bad idea as most teams would have to run it to the outside. With our linebackers, there would be no way anyone would be able to run on us. With C Bailey, it would definetly make it hader to pass on us.

Comment

I keep seing his name in connection with the Broncos, he sounds pretty damn good for a run stuffing DT.
                          Eric Weddle S Utah

Comment

Working...
                          X