Offseason moves we should make.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offseason moves we should make.

cut or trade plummer, foster, and brown. all are bumbs, and take up valuable cap space. foster doesn't really, but you get the point.

sign Asante Samuel. i know we have foxworth and paymah, but foxworth ain't bad at safety, and i know we need a cover safety. Imagine having the 2 top pick leaders! Plus, he'll be expensive, but not cap killing expensive.

draft brandon merriweather, a running back and receiver in the 3rd- 4th rounds, and the best d- lineman that falls to us.

sign art shell for defensive coordinator, now that coyer is finally gone.

am i right or wrong?
    what do u guys think we should do?

I say cut/trade plummer, foster. Cut Courtney Brown and Myers.
    Sign Charles Grant
    Draft a DT, STUD RB, and Saftey.

We could probably cut more, but can't think of any other players to cut.

Comment

I agree with you totally about Asante Samuel. You guys may not think that this is a really big deal or a waste of money but look at it like this.If we can cut and release some guys who will help us get more under the cap room we should go after him. We can address the D-line in the draft and possably a cheap experienced player like Simeon Rice. But look at it like this we can do that and make our D-line better then we have a great linebacker group for the run stop and then we have Lynch for support. If we got Samuel we would have many more take aways and one of the best if not the best secondary in the league.....then we could move Foxworth or Paymah To the saftey positon. I think that this could really work out well for us if we pursued it. I mean we fix our D-line get more pressure have the two interception leaders in the league and great linebackers people wont want to pass on us at all.

Comment

myers is an unrestricted free agent this year.
        one of u guys said paymah to safety, but i disagree. this is why we say to draft merriweather.

we need to do some trading up though. maybe our second and OUR third for a high spot in the second round. according the draft value chart, we could get the #37 if we trade #85 and #53. this should be good enough.

Comment

*Sign a good defensive coordinator, Don Johnson or even Art Shell, maybe Ryan from Oakland. Find a new offensive line coach, take some duties away from Dennison and hire Keith Burns as our special teams coach!

*Sign Ken Hamlin from Seattle to be our starting Free Safety, move Lynch to Strong Safety and release Ferguson.

*Sign Terdell Sands from Oakland to be our big run stuffer next to Warren, do not re-sign Michael Myers and cut Courtney Brown.

*Sign Matt Mauck back from the Tennessee Titan's practice squad to a long term deal as our backup to Cutler.

*Restructure Jake Plummer's contract and trade him and Tatum Bell to Houston for their 3rd Round Pick.

*Trade George Foster to either Chicago or Indianapolis for their 3rd Round Pick.

*Trade our 1st Round Pick and one of our 3rd Round Picks to Pittsburgh for the 15th Overall Pick.

*In April at the Annual NFL Draft-

1st Round:
          --------> Marshawn Lynch (Halfback) California
          2nd Round:
          --------> Turk McBride (Defensive Tackle) Tennessee
          3rd Round A:
          --------> Manuel Martinez (Offensive Guard) Texas Tech
          3rd Round B:
          --------> Baraka Atkins (Defensive End) Miami
          3rd Round C:
          --------> Paul Williams (Wide Receiver) Fresno St.
          5th Round:
          --------> Chase Johnson (Offensive Tackle) Wyoming
          6th Round:
          --------> Thaddaeus Washington (Linebacker/Defensive End) Colorado
          7th Round:
          --------> James Ihedigbo (Strong Safety) UMass

Comment

Pick up a big name free agent playmaker end, draft a good running back in the first round(michael bush) and just fill a few holes

Comment

I say we possibly go after Marshawn Lynch and I wont be suprised if we do, Him or either teddy ginn if he falls, I know you guys think we dont need a WR which is kinda true, but Teddy Ginn would clearly help our average start of position offensively, and a speedy guy like that in the slot, would be a nighmare for opposing teams, Picture Jay to Ginn.

I think Merriwhether is a first round talent by far and In my opinion the 2nd best safety in this class behind Nelson, (yes better than landry) he will be a steal only because his attitude, but if we pick up this guy we are definatly getting a steal

Maybe adress our interior Line, both offensively and defensively to be honest, and pay big money for a top defensive cordinator, thank god larry Coyer is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by JetterIsBetter
                Pick up a big name free agent playmaker end, draft a good running back in the first round(michael bush) and just fill a few holes

Bush wont be a first round pick this year, Injury is a big question mark, definatly a first day but not 1st round. and I dont know If I'd like how he would fit in denver.

Comment

Originally posted by kratos_godofwar
                  I say cut/trade plummer, foster. Cut Courtney Brown and Myers.
                  Sign Charles Grant
                  Draft a DT, STUD RB, and Saftey.

We could probably cut more, but can't think of any other players to cut.

Wait a minute, Grant is a free agent??? I dont think so but there are some solid prospect FA's at de avalable, Justin smith is a UFA i believe and I know this is hard to believe but if we paid BIG MONEY for jared allen I doubt chiefs could match, hes a RFA, and an AMAZING talent, best defensive FA coming out this year, including Freeney

Comment

Originally posted by EMB123903
                    Bush wont be a first round pick this year, Injury is a big question mark, definatly a first day but not 1st round. and I dont know If I'd like how he would fit in denver.
                    Neither do I, but some fans like the big fat and overweight busts, just like Dayne was to be Denver's next great back! -- Shanahan wants an all-around premier back, not another possible Clarret or Dayne.

Comment

Originally posted by EMB123903
                      Bush will be back to full strength, a broken leg is nothing, it has no long term affects. Have you ever seen this guy run? He is a big back, that has the feet to make ppl miss. He has great vision and a good cut back. Our goal line problems would be over.

Comment

Originally posted by lancane
                        Neither do I, but some fans like the big fat and overweight busts, just like Dayne was to be Denver's next great back! -- Shanahan wants an all-around premier back, not another possible Clarret or Dayne.
                        Bush is nothin like clarret, first of all. Dayne got stuck in new york behind tiki and lost his touch. You get rusty after 4 or 5 years. And he is not really over weight, just a big buy, 6'3 250 pounds. And if you had ever watched him run, and saw his footwork you would no better. Also look at jerome bettis. Big back, good feet.

Comment

Originally posted by lancane

*Restructure Jake Plummer's contract and trade him and Tatum Bell to Houston for their 3rd Round Pick.

1st Round:
                          --------> Marshawn Lynch (Halfback) California

WHAT?!?!

WHAT?!?!?!?!

1st, we are not trading Tatum, he is improving each year, and this will be no different. He has boosted his strength and is able to break more tackles, he will work on his ball carrying this off-season, I guarantee that.

He's also boosted his stamina to become a feature back, and hey, having Mike behind him is only going to make it all the more sweeter, especially next year.

Also, I'm not sure, but I don't think Money has declared for the draft yet?

If he has, I don't see Shanny picking him up.(or him being availible)

I think we will pick up a great DT in the first round.

Also guys, don't forget Curome Cox, he's had a great season I think despite not playing in many games, I say, move Lynch back to SS, and have Curome take the FS position.

Draft a good corner(Daymeion Hughes? AARON ROSS?(maybe, if we can get that high)) or, somehow aquire Asante Samuel.

With that, I think our team has what it takes.

Thanks to B4Bronco6 for the sig!
                          RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
                          Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
                          -Kobe Bryant-

Comment

Originally posted by JetterIsBetter
                            Bush is nothin like clarret, first of all. Dayne got stuck in new york behind tiki and lost his touch. You get rusty after 4 or 5 years. And he is not really over weight, just a big buy, 6'3 250 pounds. And if you had ever watched him run, and saw his footwork you would no better. Also look at jerome bettis. Big back, good feet.
                            First off most halfbacks tend to wear down easier at that weight in the altitude of Mile High, second they usually just wear down, that might be why the bigger backs have smaller careers or just end up busts 8 out of 10 times...not saying he will, but Shanahan will not look his way, not after he said he wanted Maroney, he wants a Moroney type back, a Thomlinson style back a possible premier back...I am not downing Bush, he could be the next Bettis, or he could be the next Clarret - You do not know, you are a fan and that blinds you to the fact he has a bigger chance of being a bust then even Kenny Irons or Kenneth Darby. I know some would like to see him here, I however would bet money Denver will not go with a back over 230lbs. and with the Moroney, Thomlinson and Lynch comparisons', you can bet your male organs Shanahan is interested.

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidBlue
                              WHAT?!?!

WHAT?!?!?!?!

1st, we are not trading Tatum, he is improving each year, and this will be no different. He has boosted his strength and is able to break more tackles, he will work on his ball carrying this off-season, I guarantee that.

He's also boosted his stamina to become a feature back, and hey, having Mike behind him is only going to make it all the more sweeter, especially next year.

Also, I'm not sure, but I don't think Money has declared for the draft yet?

If he has, I don't see Shanny picking him up.(or him being availible)

I think we will pick up a great DT in the first round.

Also guys, don't forget Curome Cox, he's had a great season I think despite not playing in many games, I say, move Lynch back to SS, and have Curome take the FS position.

Draft a good corner(Daymeion Hughes? AARON ROSS?(maybe, if we can get that high)) or, somehow aquire Asante Samuel.

With that, I think our team has what it takes.
                              Tatum Bell...lol, is no premier or feature back and anyone with the general knowledge of the game could tell you that - or we would not be doing the run by comity still, and might be why he was benched a few times, he did not even start the season and after he returned from his awful turf toe injury he became infected with the droptitus and fumbled more then he produced, if he returns I will be amazed and he will likely be third on the roster behind Lynch and Mike Bell.

No way Denver goes for a corner in the top half of the draft, no matter what people think, there are too many other needs and Foxworth will be the starter, they may go after one later for depth.

How about we just draft another first round quarterback to backup Cutler and then we can take all the good players and trade them for corners, then we can fill the roster with practice squad athletes and that would make us a powerhouse!
                              Last edited by lancane; 01-09-2007, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X