X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pipes
    replied
    Originally posted by Adrenaline
    Question: Domanik Davis changed his last name to Williams because why?

WABronco actually posted the reason on here...just look back a few pages, but it has to do with his mother.

Leave a comment:

• JoRo
    replied
    Originally posted by jking
    There are better backs available than all three of the original backs mentioned.

Michael Turner has more upside than any free agent back available.

Denver should either go for him or get a back in the draft.

Denver already has solid back up running backs with Bells. No need to add another.

So you want to give up a 1st rounder for a 3 year vet at back that has never carried the load? That is a lot less appealing to me than Williams.. I like Turner but I wouldn't wanna give up a 1st rounder for him.

Leave a comment:

• BigJuan
    replied
    Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan
    The only rb not to end a careeer with a knee injury was Willis Mcgahee..
    there have been plenty of big name backs to come back from knee injuries. what about Frank Gore he has had several knee injuries and how about Edge what about Deuce Mccallisater they all seemed to do pretty well this season

Leave a comment:

• BigJuan
    replied
    Originally posted by jking
    There are better backs available than all three of the original backs mentioned.

Denver already has solid back up running backs with Bells. No need to add another.
    all turner is is a backup rb just like tatum has speed and can beat up on tired defenses and is gonna be way overpriced

Leave a comment:

• Adrenaline
    replied
    Question: Domanik Davis changed his last name to Williams because why?

Leave a comment:

• cinnamunmun
    replied
    I had a dream we drafted Lynch. It was a nice dream.

Then the team with the #22 pick got Adrian Peterson.....so I'm not sure how reliable my dream is.

Leave a comment:

• jking
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JoRo
    replied
    MY hope is we get Lynch. That's it. I know it sounds like I am a basic offensive minded lets go skill players but Lynch Cutler Sheff Walker and Marshall? I like how that offense sounds with our line blocking up front.

RB in this draft has two or MAYBE three top tier rbs. We could use an rb. If we get Lynch, there isn't nearly the questions that we will have if we take say Irons or a F/A

Also something to remember about Domanick Williams knee being "shot" some guy named Frank Gore blew up both of his knees.... he looked shot making us look stupid in week 17 eh?

Leave a comment:

• Nikaragua
    replied
    Ok, heres the deal

I will take Chris Brown, Domanick Williams, or Ricky Williams over Tatum Bell. All T. Bell has is speed and cuts. He cant break tackles or hold on to the ball. Chris Brown is the worst of the three but he may do good in our style of running. Domanick Williams is the best bet because he is young and can overcome the injury. Ricky Williams could put together a couple good seasons to end his career. It all depends on how Denver goes about it. There are some pretty good rookies comming up but we should use are draft picks mostly on defense. Mike Bell is not that bad and we havent given him much of a chance to start. Maybe we will just keep him. As long as Tatum isn't starting, I am happy.

Leave a comment:

• pipes
    replied
    Originally posted by JoRo
    Ok and here I will despense your theory.

TD

Anderson

and Martin...

what do they all have in common?

they have 370+ carries the season before they destroyed their knee. And two of them were back in the 90's yes it don't seem that long ago but since then things have gotten better. Also TD had a degenerative condition. Marting was over 30 and Anderson had 411(whatever it was it was some insane number LJ just broke)

The breaking point for a back is around 370 carries, if they get that in a season the following season history shows all but Emmit Smith, Walter Payton (both of them lasted one more season before beginning to show signs) and Eric ****erson (who deserves to be in the HOF Simply cuz he could make it throo that kind of punishment) break down after the 370 marker for AT LEAST the following season.

TD had 499 or some sick number like that in our 98 season counting the playoffs.

Anderson... I mentioned that...

Martin: He had Herm Edwards as a coach, Herm deserves to be put in the Hall of Shame for potentially (if it happens to LJ most likely will but not sure yet) ruining two top tier backs careers.

Two others of note who had the 370 and have shown it since

Ricky Williams in his first? season as a Dolphin... he did very well as a backup last year... but then failed another test... maybe he'd be worth a look for cheap?

Jamal Lewis (Man in hindsight I am glad we did not get him) he seems to be just starting to bounce back...

Dom Williams however had 300 carries the previous season. He is 26? I think and that isn't that bad. So he needed a year off? so did Chad Pennington to a throwing shoulder. Edge James blew up his knee and has seemingly bounced back just fine.

Honestly I hope if he is there that Shanny looks into this. He seems like a much more capable back than Brown to me.

Ahman Green is another back who has come back from injury.

I am with you totally...I'm all about Domanick, as long as the Broncos' medical staff ( which is GREAT) says he is good to go.

Chris Brown...blagh

I love how some people beyotch about how injury-prone Tatum is, and then reply with, Hey...we should pick up Chris Brown.

You know, cause he's MR.DURABILITY...or hey, he went to Colorado...well who gives a $hit???

Leave a comment:

• JoRo
    replied
    Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan
    Dominick knees are shot, and besides rb is a different position than most. One knee injury and their career is basically shot. Some big names careers that were ended, TD, Jamal Anderson, and soon to be Curtis Martin. The only rb not to end a careeer with a knee injury was Willis Mcgahee. Chris Brown would be a great fit in our system at a cheaper cost, and he asked to be traded to denver when he asked for his trade. If we adress the rb postition in free agency and not through the draft or a trade it will likely be Chris Brown.

Ok and here I will despense your theory.

TD

Anderson

and Martin...

what do they all have in common?

they have 370+ carries the season before they destroyed their knee. And two of them were back in the 90's yes it don't seem that long ago but since then things have gotten better. Also TD had a degenerative condition. Marting was over 30 and Anderson had 411(whatever it was it was some insane number LJ just broke)

The breaking point for a back is around 370 carries, if they get that in a season the following season history shows all but Emmit Smith, Walter Payton (both of them lasted one more season before beginning to show signs) and Eric ****erson (who deserves to be in the HOF Simply cuz he could make it throo that kind of punishment) break down after the 370 marker for AT LEAST the following season.

TD had 499 or some sick number like that in our 98 season counting the playoffs.

Anderson... I mentioned that...

Martin: He had Herm Edwards as a coach, Herm deserves to be put in the Hall of Shame for potentially (if it happens to LJ most likely will but not sure yet) ruining two top tier backs careers.

Two others of note who had the 370 and have shown it since

Ricky Williams in his first? season as a Dolphin... he did very well as a backup last year... but then failed another test... maybe he'd be worth a look for cheap?

Jamal Lewis (Man in hindsight I am glad we did not get him) he seems to be just starting to bounce back...

Dom Williams however had 300 carries the previous season. He is 26? I think and that isn't that bad. So he needed a year off? so did Chad Pennington to a throwing shoulder. Edge James blew up his knee and has seemingly bounced back just fine.

Honestly I hope if he is there that Shanny looks into this. He seems like a much more capable back than Brown to me.

Leave a comment:

• Atwnbroncfan
    replied
    Dominick knees are shot, and besides rb is a different position than most. One knee injury and their career is basically shot. Some big names careers that were ended, TD, Jamal Anderson, and soon to be Curtis Martin. The only rb not to end a careeer with a knee injury was Willis Mcgahee. Chris Brown would be a great fit in our system at a cheaper cost, and he asked to be traded to denver when he asked for his trade. If we adress the rb postition in free agency and not through the draft or a trade it will likely be Chris Brown.

Leave a comment:

• JoRo
    replied
    Originally posted by MindField
    I completely disagree with your assesment of Chris Brown. He is a perfect fit IMO with the Broncos one-cut-and-go style, and I think would enjoy a career year in Denver. He was really something at Colorado....he is tall and takes a beating, but for a year, expecially after coming off a year in which he did not get alot of action, I think he would be dynamite...Oh, and you are wrong...Domanick Williams (Davis) is shot. His kness are history, so forget about him...

BUT, I would prefer:

Ricky Williams....he will be cheaper than ever now, and I still drool over seeing him in the Broncos system. He would get 1500 yards next year in his sleep...

How do you know Williams knee is shot? cuz he missed a year with it? Technically he dint take a beating this year then either. Brown I am unsure of, but from the things I have read and from the stuff I do know I just dont see him being that much better, like I said if I am wrong its cool, and I dont mind disagreeing if we keep it human.

Also: Ricky Williams isn't going to be much of anything... maybe a year but nothing more. Again if we can get any of these three on a cap friendly deal the chance of a boom would be worth it. but I really hope we don't overpay...

Leave a comment:

• MindField
    replied
    Well

Originally posted by JoRo
    First of all this is my opinion, and what I am reading from FO Pro Football Prospectus prior to this season, this isn't going to be spot on or the best ever as I am not either. But in most cases their stuff goes from year to year wit a lil change but not TOO much.

For those of you reading this: PAR is Player above Replacement, what FO does to rate how good the player is above an average backup based on their stats.

Success Rate is how often a rb gains

40% of yardage on first down

60% on second

100% on third

thats the general stats but in other situations its slightly different. But you get the idea I think.

First of all the Rb's that we have talked about:

Domanick Williams *formerly Davis*

FO:

Good runner. He's slippery, has great balance and always seems to fall froward. He's also a great outlet receiver out of the backfield. But in 2005 (which happens to be the last time he played now, more on that later) he was too often asked to remain back to pass protect. He can't block to save his life. Williams should be salivating at the thought of playing in Kubiaks Bronco style offense.

Notable stats: he has a 43% success rate his last two years he played and a 8.9 PAR the last year he played, when Houstons line fell apart. In 04 when they were competent he had a 19.8 PAR

My view: If we can get Williams for something close to a two years deal with not TOO much money I would be very very happy. He has some durability issues which may cause the Texans to release him as he is due some money this year and they may be moving in a different direction with either Peterson, Lynch or even Dayne/Lundy/Gado. If he is on the F/A market he is a much better prospect than Chris Brown as I will discuss later.

Ron Dayne

FO: Dayne's problem has always been finding the hole to run through: You literally have to stick the hole in front of him, slap him across the face, point and yell HOLE.

The rest is on Denver as they thought he would be here. They did however project him to 237 carries with 1024 yards and 9 tds... not bad...

However, he may not be outta Houston (Maybe Williams might either its a toss up right now I think... they may even keep both!) But I honestly would prefer someone other than Dayne. Not cuz I don't like him, but he is 28 and has BAD vision... we can do better tahn him. He also doesnt have that much pass catching experience unless he caught a ton of balls this year.. cuz he didn't in the past....

Chris Brown

FO: Brown is a below average back with injury history who struggles in the red zone (wow something I really want!!) Despite some flashes of potential the Titans realize the limitations. They added Henry and White in the past two seasons. they then proceed to talk about a possible tandem....

some notable stats: he averaged 3.8 yards a carry on 05 titans and 4.9 on 04 titans. however his PAR was 10.6 his GOOD year and 7.8 the last season (the last season he played significantly.... his success rate was 43% his GOOD year and 46% his bad one...

He has some catching experience however.... If you ask me though unless we can get him to some very cap friendly deal I would prefer to look elsewhere... he just doesn't sound to me like much of an upgrade over Tatum (who they said is one of the greatest teases of fantasy football) Tatum seems to have all the above problems but he doesn't seem AS injury prone... at least to me...

I would comment on Benson but he doesn't have enough stuff. If you really want to know he had a -2.6 PAR which means he was worst than the average backup his rookie season and a 28% success rate...which is terrible.

If I get some good comments or some people want me to I will make some on other positions later.
    I completely disagree with your assesment of Chris Brown. He is a perfect fit IMO with the Broncos one-cut-and-go style, and I think would enjoy a career year in Denver. He was really something at Colorado....he is tall and takes a beating, but for a year, expecially after coming off a year in which he did not get alot of action, I think he would be dynamite...Oh, and you are wrong...Domanick Williams (Davis) is shot. His kness are history, so forget about him...

BUT, I would prefer:

Ricky Williams....he will be cheaper than ever now, and I still drool over seeing him in the Broncos system. He would get 1500 yards next year in his sleep...

Leave a comment:

• JoRo
    started a topic Some free agents we have discussed...

Some free agents we have discussed...

First of all this is my opinion, and what I am reading from FO Pro Football Prospectus prior to this season, this isn't going to be spot on or the best ever as I am not either. But in most cases their stuff goes from year to year wit a lil change but not TOO much.

For those of you reading this: PAR is Player above Replacement, what FO does to rate how good the player is above an average backup based on their stats.

Success Rate is how often a rb gains

40% of yardage on first down

60% on second

100% on third

thats the general stats but in other situations its slightly different. But you get the idea I think.

First of all the Rb's that we have talked about:

Domanick Williams *formerly Davis*

FO:

Good runner. He's slippery, has great balance and always seems to fall froward. He's also a great outlet receiver out of the backfield. But in 2005 (which happens to be the last time he played now, more on that later) he was too often asked to remain back to pass protect. He can't block to save his life. Williams should be salivating at the thought of playing in Kubiaks Bronco style offense.

Notable stats: he has a 43% success rate his last two years he played and a 8.9 PAR the last year he played, when Houstons line fell apart. In 04 when they were competent he had a 19.8 PAR

My view: If we can get Williams for something close to a two years deal with not TOO much money I would be very very happy. He has some durability issues which may cause the Texans to release him as he is due some money this year and they may be moving in a different direction with either Peterson, Lynch or even Dayne/Lundy/Gado. If he is on the F/A market he is a much better prospect than Chris Brown as I will discuss later.

Ron Dayne

FO: Dayne's problem has always been finding the hole to run through: You literally have to stick the hole in front of him, slap him across the face, point and yell HOLE.

The rest is on Denver as they thought he would be here. They did however project him to 237 carries with 1024 yards and 9 tds... not bad...

However, he may not be outta Houston (Maybe Williams might either its a toss up right now I think... they may even keep both!) But I honestly would prefer someone other than Dayne. Not cuz I don't like him, but he is 28 and has BAD vision... we can do better tahn him. He also doesnt have that much pass catching experience unless he caught a ton of balls this year.. cuz he didn't in the past....

Chris Brown

FO: Brown is a below average back with injury history who struggles in the red zone (wow something I really want!!) Despite some flashes of potential the Titans realize the limitations. They added Henry and White in the past two seasons. they then proceed to talk about a possible tandem....

some notable stats: he averaged 3.8 yards a carry on 05 titans and 4.9 on 04 titans. however his PAR was 10.6 his GOOD year and 7.8 the last season (the last season he played significantly.... his success rate was 43% his GOOD year and 46% his bad one...

He has some catching experience however.... If you ask me though unless we can get him to some very cap friendly deal I would prefer to look elsewhere... he just doesn't sound to me like much of an upgrade over Tatum (who they said is one of the greatest teases of fantasy football) Tatum seems to have all the above problems but he doesn't seem AS injury prone... at least to me...

I would comment on Benson but he doesn't have enough stuff. If you really want to know he had a -2.6 PAR which means he was worst than the average backup his rookie season and a 28% success rate...which is terrible.

If I get some good comments or some people want me to I will make some on other positions later.
Working...
X