Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you guys think we could get Mason Crosby?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you guys think we could get Mason Crosby?

I think if he possibly slips to the 3rd round we could get him there. I know we still have Elam but he is getting up there in age and we could use Crosby on kickoffs and hell, we might could let him punt for a year or 2. He couldn't be any worse at it than Ernster. We are last in the league in field position and Crosby could really help us there. What do yall think of that idea?

I don't think he'll fall to late in the third round. We wouldn't pick him until late in the third because we will probably use the third round pick from washington from the Lelie trade to move up in the first round. But keeping that strong leg in the thin air of mile high would be great, he would probably break the field goal record of 63.
    sigpic

Comment

sounds like an upgrade for us...

why not?

nice thinkin

Comment

Ernster really isn't that bad for a first year and next year he'll do better. Micah Knorr was far worse than him...so we should be grateful really.

And there's no point in replacing Jase if he's going to keep nailing them like he did last season. BTW kicking and punting a rugby ball/football are two very different skills. And not that many can do both to a high standard. I'd put money on Crosby being a worse punter than Ernster.
        sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

I think it would be great. You notice Elam had a career best 90% field goal percertage. Thats because they put in Ernster to punt instead of try a long FG this year.

We need better kick offs too. No reason to kick to the 10 yard line in Denver. Embarrassing.

Comment

By the way Ernster did have the third most touchbacks in the league and the best kickoff average you realise? That's not bad for a first year starter at all...marginally better than Todd last year.
            sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Originally posted by muse
              Ernster really isn't that bad for a first year and next year he'll do better. Micah Knorr was far worse than him...so we should be grateful really.

And there's no point in replacing Jase if he's going to keep nailing them like he did last season. BTW kicking and punting a rugby ball/football are two very different skills. And not that many can do both to a high standard. I'd put money on Crosby being a worse punter than Ernster.
              I still say if he's there late in the 3rd round we should definitely pick him up. He would GREATLY improve our special teams on kickoffs and long field goal attempts.

Comment

So what, they guy can't deliver on a regular basis. He also doesn't kick field goals.

You probaly have'nt seen Crosby kick..he is amazing

Comment

What's wrong with Elam? This isn't the first time I've seen people acting like Elam is sup-par, and I don't get it. All the guy does, has always done, is kick FGs with exceptional accuracy. I don't get it.
                  Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by 22cannon
                    So what, they guy can't deliver on a regular basis. He also doesn't kick field goals.

You probaly have'nt seen Crosby kick..he is amazing
                    Yeah, didn't he hit like a 60 something yarder in Miami once?

Comment

Originally posted by DancingHorsey
                      What's wrong with Elam? This isn't the first time I've seen people acting like Elam is sup-par, and I don't get it. All the guy does, has always done, is kick FGs with exceptional accuracy. I don't get it.
                      Show me where in this thread someone said he was sub-par. We are just saying that Elam is getting older and Crosby would be a GREAT replacement for in a year or 2. Plus, we can let Crosby kick a 50 or 60 yarder that Elam just can't hit consistently anymore. Crosby would also be a HUGE upgrade on kickoffs.

Comment

I'd take him.

:thumb:
                        sigpic

Comment

His FG % scares me though, last year he only kicked 67%. He has a great leg but no accuracy from long he went 2-9 on kicks outside 50 yards. But if we draft him and use him only for kickoffs his rookie year and get him to become accurate he will be the best kicker in the nfl.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by muse
                            By the way Ernster did have the third most touchbacks in the league and the best kickoff average you realise? That's not bad for a first year starter at all...marginally better than Todd last year.

Touchbacks? On kickoffs they are good... on Punts I would consider them bad.

If you punt 40 yards but make it into the endzone for a touchback you essentially punted 20 yards...

Just my opinion at least.
                            Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                            Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                            Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan
                              His FG % scares me though, last year he only kicked 67%. He has a great leg but no accuracy from long he went 2-9 on kicks outside 50 yards. But if we draft him and use him only for kickoffs his rookie year and get him to become accurate he will be the best kicker in the nfl.

Thats because they have him try these crazy long FGs at the end of halfs to get him to break Gramaticas record. He is accurate

Comment

Working...
                              X