Plummer to Jacksonville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plummer to Jacksonville

Reported on the Nfl network, that the New OC has a great relationship with Jake and they both admire each others work. Fred Taylor for Jake straight up?

reported that they have a great relationship? or reported that he was traded? Isn't fred Taylor on the older side and injury prone? I'll take Jones-Drew tho hehe.
    sigpic

Thank you for everything Darrent. I'll never forget #27.

Comment

they HAVE a good relationship and that it could be a great fit.

Comment

As I said in the other thread http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=83099 , I don't think this has a snowball's chance... What will they do with the other QB's on the roster? I don't think Jake is THAT much better than any of those guys, including Quinn Gray.

Comment

Oh hell yea I'd do that in a snap. Schefter also said that JAX would probably prefer a QB-QB swap....so that's really not going anywhere.

There's definitely some groundwork there, though.

Comment

IMO, Taylor sucks bad. He is old and injury prone. Yeah, I agree with the trading Jones Drew + 3rd round pick for Plummer.
            XBL: The1Executioner

Comment

Originally posted by The Executioner
              IMO, Taylor sucks bad. He is old and injury prone. Yeah, I agree with the trading Jones Drew + 3rd round pick for Plummer.
              You actually think they'd do that? No way in hell.
              sigpic

Comment

Consiering how much more it would cost to trade Plummer, I'd much rather cut him.

Shanahan could use that money on something like a DE.

Comment

It is a possibility, but Denver would likely only except a pick in the draft for Plummer IMHO. I think they would have to restructure his deal here so it was less of a hit to the cap and then Jacksonville would do a whole new deal or extension. I will not debunk the issue, because it is very possible with how weak there quarterbacks are overall.

Comment

Originally posted by The Executioner
                    Drugs are bad for you son
                    Eric Weddle S Utah

Comment

Originally posted by lord_helmet
                      Drugs are bad for you son

i don't know, he appears to be enjoying himself. . . .

PFW reported several weeks ago that jacksonville isn't convinced that garrard is the long term answer at QB-- he's talented but very erratic, and has a penchant for having 3- and 4-turnover games at bad times (okay, when is it a "good" time to have a 4 turnover game? )

it's been widely speculated-- even assumed-- that they'll part ways with byron leftwich this coming offseason, and it's seeming more and more likely that they'll look to move fred taylor as well. . . they need a mobile QB behind their porous O-line, and our running game needs a shot in the arm. . . as cane mentioned, both player would probably have to restructure to make it work, but this certainly does make sense on a few levels-- that doesn't mean it'll happen, but ther are a few factors which make it a believable scenario. . . we'll see what happens. . . if it could be worked so that we didn't take too big a cap hit, i for one would be plenty pleased with a deal like that-- a big back like taylor would be a perfect compliment to tater in our backfield, and they've both stayed healthier when sharing the workload (also, taylor had no complaints that i've heard about sharing the ball with jones-drew). . . also, getting a proven, capable RB like taylor would allow us to focus on other needs in this year's draft, and put off drafting a top-notch young RB for a year or two. . . just one of many possible sceanrios, but i can see some appeal to it. . .
                      Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

LMAO!
                        Jones-Drew is the man!
                        i had him for Fantasy!
                        damn i loved him!

u REALLY think the Jags would give him up??

Comment

I´d rather have Reggie heyward for plummer than Fred Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by bjoli198
                            I´d rather have Reggie heyward for plummer than Fred Taylor
                            Hey i'm wit you on that all day buddy, why rhe hell would you sign Taylor he is old and injury prone, hell we got the injury prone back in Tatum

Comment

Originally posted by lancane
                              It is a possibility, but Denver would likely only except a pick in the draft for Plummer IMHO. I think they would have to restructure his deal here so it was less of a hit to the cap and then Jacksonville would do a whole new deal or extension. I will not debunk the issue, because it is very possible with how weak there quarterbacks are overall.
                              I am not aware of any way that Denver could restructure Jake's contract to minimize the salary cap hit. Prorated signing bonuses have to be counted against the cap when a player is traded or released. What restructuring would change this?
                              The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X