Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep

Originally posted by EMB123903
    Were far from set at the wr position, for more than half the year we had one legitiment go to guy, and then it fell off, We now have 2 options at wr, and 1 very good recieving te, that isnt enough if you ask me, we definatly need to take advantage of this Deep wr class this year, bowe would be a good fit if we didnt go after a WR in the first round, I still say We draft Ginn if he falls, that guys a special talent.
    This is a real possibility as ell...Shanahan is already on record saying he seriously considered taking Devon Hester in the second round....Gin would provide three positons for us...depth and deep speed ala Ashley Lelie at WR and a legit game-breaking threat as both a kickoff and punt returner...

I also think there is a chance that Sideny Rice could move past Ginn, who is now battling rumors he exaggerated his injury in the Championship game to protect his NFL status, which could be exactly the thing that pushes him down to No. 21

Comment

Originally posted by JoRo
      Turner isn't a FA he is a RFA and Denver wont give up a 1st rounder for him.

Williams maybe but I don't think they will give up much of anything for him now.... he has maybe 2 good years left if that.

And with CP-I honestly liked him when he was here, but with his injury history I can't see Denver paying a big price both in draft picks and money for him now

I didn't intend to infer Turner was a FA. Thanks for making that clarification. I agree with your assessment that Denver should not give up a 1st for him. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if a team did.

I would guess Williams has 3 good seasons in him if he wants to focus and play hard. The question is, does he want to play hard or would he rather meditate and enjoy his "herbs?"

I can sympathize with your thoughts on CP. I do think he has prematurely been labeled with the "injury prone" tag though. The 4 previous years he missed 3 games. He did have some injury problems this year with a broken hand and the separated shoulder in the preseason. I think he would have played through the broken hand like Ronnie Brown did if he didn't also have the shoulder injury.

When the team went to Campbell most people felt the Skins had resigned this season and were preparing for next season. If that were the case it would make sense to put CP on IR and give Betts a chance to show what he can do. It is a win situation for Washington. If Betts does well they have more trade possibilities and they have kept CP from taking any more punishment for the year. It also gives CP more time to heal and to get ready for next season.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
        Well, I guess I don't then. On the mock it said Dorsey is a DT.

dude, it was a typo. Figures that would be your response, seeing as how you have no idea about this guy and automatically assume he wouldn't fit into our scheme.

Comment

all is not what it seems

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
          Ugg.

I just can't stand the fact that, in a draft where there are soo many top heavy skill position players involved, (RB-WR), Denver is basically forced to take a Dline.

And a DT isn't going to solve our pass rush problems either, especially considering Bates scheme.

Shanahan has done a terrible job of dealing with the Dline the last few years, and we will pay for it in this draft.

Yes it is true that there are skill players that will probably have great nfl careers in this draft, there are really not that many of them. Theres maybe three wr worthy of a first round pick, and only three rb worthy of a first round pick. After that both positions are gambles as far as getting a great nfl player.

This draft is a Defensive draft...

Look at the mocks for starters. Most mocks first round has about 75 percent defensive players, and there will still be good defensive players that come in the second and third. Jarvis Moss, Earl Everett, Desmond Bishop, Brandon Mebane, Tom Zbikosky(had he declared), Turk McBride.... just a few of many good defensive players that won't go in the first that will probably have pretty good NFL careers, IMO.

I do agree with you that shanny has let our two best D lineman go, Pryce and Hayward, but Pryce wanted way too much money for what he was producing at the time. Not really sure why we had to let go of hayward though.

I am hoping that we trade out our first rounder to tampa bay for their two second rounders. That would give us three second round picks, one of them being the 3rd or 4th in the second. That would give us a good shot a Michael Bush, and allow us to grab two Defensive players in the second.

And I know most who read this will call me an idiot, but I would really love to see us draft Desmond Bishop, LB, Cal. My reasoning is this. Bishop would be capable of playing strong side LB. This would allow DJ to go back to his regular position at weak side, where he dominated opposing teams his rookie year. Bishop is fast and brings the wood when he makes a tackle. This would give us a couple of options with Ian Gold. We could trade him or keep him to give us depth or to rotate in to give DJ a rest, either way its win win for us. Im not saying we should use our first pick on him, but I would like to see him in the blue and orange next year.
          09-17-08: OFFICIALLY BACKING JARVIS MOSS TO TURN INTO ONE HELL OF A DEFENSIVE END WITHIN THE NEXT TWO YEARS.-we are all allowed one mistake, right?

Loved McD 's first full FA. Can't wait to see the draft.

2010 Draft WISHlist:

Any center since we don't have one.

Comment

I guess silkamilkamonic thinks we should only address DE since that's what Bates scheme relies on in terms of pressure and we should just keep our current scrubs at DT and if we do get any more DT's, grab them off the scrap heap (Browns roster especially). Just because Bate's scheme is more DE friendly doesn't mean we couldn't use a good DT that can do it all like Dorsey can. It's one thing to have DE's that can pressure, but to have DE's and at least one big pass-rushing threat at DT in your defense would push it to a whole other level. Think of the 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers. They ran a similar scheme to what we will run under Bates and Slowik. They had a great DE in Simeon Rice (in his prime), but they also had Warren Sapp, an elite DT in his prime who was especially good at getting to the QB. I personally feel the Broncos DT situation right now is worse than the DE situation, but of course that's just my opinion.

DE's are not going to be effective pass-rushers 100% of the time, especially if the offense knows that they are the only people that can create pressure. That's where a pocket-collapsing DT comes into play. DE(s) get double-teamed, DT(s) get pressure, and vice versa.
            Last edited by tommy1986; 01-13-2007, 06:07 AM.

Comment

D-line is nice RB is nicer

I think Shanahan might learn his lesson and draft a real starting RB in the first round and may even move into the top 15 to get one. He may also go for a WR depending on how he feels about Brandon Marshall's ability to take the #2 spot from Rod Smith. I don't see the logic in drafting a 300lb DT in the first round. A first RD DT should be space eater. We already have a 300lb DT in Michael Meyers and that didn't help us get a pass rush on the QB, did it? Don't get me wrong, I think the Broncos need to address the defense in the draft but the offense should take priority in the first round unless there is a big 330lb-340lb DT available in the first round at the #21 pick or a top notch pass rusher at DE. If the Broncos move up though, it will probably be for an offensive player.
              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
              You Mad Bro?
              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee
                I think Shanahan might learn his lesson and draft a real starting RB in the first round and may even move into the top 15 to get one. He may also go for a WR depending on how he feels about Brandon Marshall's ability to take the #2 spot from Rod Smith. I don't see the logic in drafting a 300lb DT in the first round. A first RD DT should be space eater. We already have a 300lb DT in Michael Meyers and that didn't help us get a pass rush on the QB, did it? Don't get me wrong, I think the Broncos need to address the defense in the draft but the offense should take priority in the first round unless there is a big 330lb-340lb DT available in the first round at the #21 pick or a top notch pass rusher at DE. If the Broncos move up though, it will probably be for an offensive player.
                300 lbs with talent > 300 lbs without talent. If you want a pass-rushing DT, you probably don't want a super-huge guy by the way.
                Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Comment

Run Stuffer

Originally posted by DancingHorsey
                  300 lbs with talent > 300 lbs without talent. If you want a pass-rushing DT, you probably don't want a super-huge guy by the way.

I don't want a pass rushing DT, I want a space eater that will free the DEs and LBs to pass rush. Besides, if we get a space eater, Warren probably has enough talent to at least force the QB out of the pocket and into the DEs and LBs,if he doesn't get double-teamed. And, we don't just need a DT, we also need a DE to replace or compliment Courtney Brown depending on whether or not he can come back. If we have a space eater and Warren and we get a quality DE that can play the run and pass and teams try to double both DTs that will create mismatches and one-on-one situations for the DEs.
                  My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                  You Mad Bro?
                  Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Working...
                  X