Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some information I got on Marshawn from a friend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some information I got on Marshawn from a friend.

This was one of the guys I talked to who ended up predicting the interest in several players which are now on the Broncos this year from last year's draft and I just had to get some preliminary talk from him regarding running backs, because I know there are some of you who are seriously interested in us getting a prime time back. So I had to bring it up. . . and here's what I got back in returner.

It's not a certainty but I believe the Broncos are very interested in Marshawn. He brings them a threat out of the backfield that's more than a runner. He can catch well too and it looked like the Broncos were more interested in dump offs and screens with Cutler in than with Plummer. Maybe that's part of the new offense. Now, Marshawn isn't the best pass blocker, but I'd expect to see Mike Bell in to protect Cutler in those situations when the back's duty is to protect the rush. What Marshawn can also do is add value as a returner; like you see Maroney doing in NE. The Broncos are out of the range of Peterson (which I don't believe is a good fit anyways really) and where Michael Bush is intriguing, his value is not of the first-round as of right now anymore. (Marshawn) He's that back the Broncos are looking for; and if they have to trade their second or third received from Washington to do so; I'd expect them to. It's little value for a player of his caliber. With the Broncos willing to sell the farm to get Laurence last yearwhy wouldn't they give up the cow for Marshawn who might be a better player?
    Just thought it was interesting, and thought I'd pass it on. Not sayin' this is the be all end all, but it's exciting.

OMG POST THIS EVERYWHERE

I won't complain...we just better be damn sure that we get some competent DL brought in along with him.

Comment

I asked him about it too and there's really nothing worth quoting, other than the fact he believes that the Broncos will half-ass their need there and think it'll be addressed with one player in the draft and perhaps a tier-2 free agent.

Comment

Is Marshawn predicted to be better than like a Maroney or a Jackson?

I think I'm basing this too much on hair.

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx
          Is Marshawn predicted to be better than like a Maroney or a Jackson?

I think I'm basing this too much on hair.
          I find comparing the talent levels of these guys really comes down to a matter of personal opinion...no one knows for sure until they play in the league.

He's big (220+), fast, and versatile. He's a good prospect in his own right...

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
            I find comparing the talent levels of these guys really comes down to a matter of personal opinion...no one knows for sure until they play in the league.

He's big (220+), fast, and versatile. He's a good prospect in his own right...
            Agreed, I've been a big supporter of this type of move. I personally think it's a high possibility that a top tier first round RB will be what Shannahan's/Coaching Staff's main aim will be for the first round.

However I don't see Mike Bell as our answer for pass protection as he is only so-so at best for protection, and this is coming from a big M. Bell supporter.

M. Lynch could certienly fill that role in a year or two, he has the size. However when we talk about acquiring a complete "feature" back a big part of that is an RB that can pass protect. PErsonally I think M. Lynch can fill that role with some coaching. However, I won't hold my breath for that to happen next year, where ever he lands.

I'd remember that not a few people have also predicted this (including lancane, well and about a couple hundred people) and that the prospect of grabing a DE/DT in the first round probably holds more water if we don't grab anyone of worth in FA/RFA.

It will certienly be interesting to see how the coaching staff addresses the RB issue, as I'm sure they are looking to address this (not only becuase Maroney was going to be our #1 pick if Cutler didn't fall down so far, but also because the running game is our Bread and Butter).

As always, anything involving the draft deserves to be swallowed with a grain of salt. .
            sigpic
            The only thing that can stop the ninja.
            Setting yourself on fire so they can't catch you!

Comment

RB/S/DL/OL/WR

That's how I think we're going to draft.

Too soon, D-Will, too soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Dream
                This was one of the guys I talked to who ended up predicting the interest in several players which are now on the Broncos this year from last year's draft and I just had to get some preliminary talk from him regarding running backs, because I know there are some of you who are seriously interested in us getting a prime time back. So I had to bring it up. . . and here's what I got back in returner.

Just thought it was interesting, and thought I'd pass it on. Not sayin' this is the be all end all, but it's exciting.

Thanks, something to think about.

Comment

It'd be great if we can get him. We need an answer at RB.

Comment

Originally posted by // / yardo
                    It'd be great if we can get him. We need an answer at RB.
                    Ditto. I think this kid brings a new dimension to the offense and will take some of the pressure off of Cutler (which is a huge concern). We can't have our new Cadillac getting dinged up every game.

Even though people can make arguments for our endless needs in other areas, Lynch brings so much to the table. I love it.
                    Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Damien Nash 1982-2007

Comment

That would be too bad....

Don't get me wrong I like Lynch from the games that I've watched.

I'd just hate to see the Broncos ignore the DL position again for what seems like the 100th year in a row.

I'm not interested in another Dumervil. I'm thinking along the lines of an actual starter someday.

If there were no DE's like this when the Broncos are on the clock then Lynch would be a nice consilation prize.

Targeting him and moving up to get him and not a DE would be disappointing.

Something I've come to expect from Shanahan.

Comment

I originally had Marshawn as our first round pick, but I just do not want to get too high on that idea because I do not think we will get him. I have no problem packaging T.Bell and our first or using one of our 3rds if we can get him, and I hope Shanny is on that same page. I just do not want to get my hopes up. I think D-line is without question the biggest need, but you just cannot pass up the chance to have a stud franchise back that we have not had since TD got hurt and CP got shipped out.

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed
                          Don't get me wrong I like Lynch from the games that I've watched.

I'd just hate to see the Broncos ignore the DL position again for what seems like the 100th year in a row.

I'm not interested in another Dumervil. I'm thinking along the lines of an actual starter someday.

If there were no DE's like this when the Broncos are on the clock then Lynch would be a nice consilation prize.

Targeting him and moving up to get him and not a DE would be disappointing.

Something I've come to expect from Shanahan.
                          If you ask me grabbing an RB is not irresposnible so long as the DE position is attacked in FA to find some talent. There is some depth at DT that goes into the 2nd round, but those few in the 2nd round we could grab have a lot of question marks around them. I say grab whoever has the most talent. In some cases it may be Lynch if he falls as far down as our pick, but there area lot of good options in the first round IMO.
                          sigpic
                          The only thing that can stop the ninja.
                          Setting yourself on fire so they can't catch you!

Comment

Originally posted by BigBroncLove
                            If you ask me grabbing an RB is not irresposnible so long as the DE position is attacked in FA to find some talent. There is some depth at DT that goes into the 2nd round, but those few in the 2nd round we could grab have a lot of question marks around them. I say grab whoever has the most talent. In some cases it may be Lynch if he falls as far down as our pick, but there area lot of good options in the first round IMO.
                            Yeah I don't disagree with that. The Broncos really need a RB...Bad!

I just wish they would put a little effort into finding a real talent at DE too.

Comment

My god... I love it and I hope so.

If I knew more about that CP thing, I would so give you one.

Comment

Working...
                              X