Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ashley Lelie voids deal with Atlanta...now a FREE AGENT

http://www.theredzone.org/news/showa...ArticleID=4889

Don't know about you guys, but I'd love to see us get him back. He knows the offense, and another deep threat is always a good thing. Thoughts?

I doubt he would come back here. He has too much pride. Plus he would probably be in the same situation. He wants to be a no. 1 receiver but he will be no.2 at best. And the way Marshall is developing, he would probably end up at no. 3.

He asked for a trade last offseason....he's not going to want to come back with his tail between his legs

although, I wouldn't mind having him back

Comment

The Raiders might go for him.

He might be slightly resentful believing he would have no chance at being a number 1 receiver here and the Raiders might have a WR need with Moss and Porter allegedly on the move...
      sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
      Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

I would love him back here. His speed + Cutler's arm =money.

Comment

Originally posted by GIVEME6
          http://www.theredzone.org/news/showa...ArticleID=4889

Don't know about you guys, but I'd love to see us get him back. He knows the offense, and another deep threat is always a good thing. Thoughts?
          Ha. Thats pretty funny given we recieved a 3rd rounder for a reciever that stayed only one year with mediocre performance.

I would not want to see Lelie return. His attitude before camp, his "softness", and his numerous dropped passes makes me glad we got something out of him while we had him. I would be very dissapointed if he returns to the Broncos, and given the his poor attitude before the trade, I don't think Shanahan will be looking up his address anytime soon.
          Last edited by BigBroncLove; 01-26-2007, 05:53 PM.
          sigpic
          The only thing that can stop the ninja.
          Setting yourself on fire so they can't catch you!

Comment

id like him back but hes not coming back because like earlier stated he wants to be "The Man" but he is going to be 3rd recieve at absolute best and he will not stand for that

RIP Darrent It's been one year, Gone but never Forgotten.

I Adopted JayCutler4MVP!!! and DJ Williams

Comment

Let's see, he want the Broncos #1 and when told he'd have to compete for it, he held out and was sent packing. Now we have a proven #1, an up and coming #2 and Rod Smith. Lelie would probably end up our #4WR if Rod doesn't retire.

No, I don't see him coming here.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorcust
                The Raiders might go for him.

He might be slightly resentful believing he would have no chance at being a number 1 receiver here and the Raiders might have a WR need with Moss and Porter allegedly on the move...

raiders are a definate possibility imo

personally i dont want him back with the broncos, just so he can walk out again
                it would be ackward to see him and rod smith together
                even thou rod looks to be the # 3 receiver
                why would the broncos want him anyway with javon, marsh, and smith. that seems pretty solid as long as b marsh can improve in the offseason.
                we have other huge needs to fill and adding another wr to the mix is a position we dont nec. need this season.
                plus he wouldnt be the primary rec. on the team he would be the #4 rec. as cutlar and b marsh already made that bond together only to get better this coming season

and we would have to have a new stadium song played just for him.

the toadies "quitter" great great album by the way
                sigpic

sig by B4B6..

Comment

I believe he will come back.Alisha had to see the light first, before returning. Shanny can work something out with him since he owes us MONEY.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy
                    I believe he will come back.Alisha had to see the light first, before returning. Shanny can work something out with him since he owes us MONEY.
                    He won that battle. According to the NFL, Lelie doesn't owe the Bronco organization anything.

I don't agree with the ruling, but I can understand how they came to that conclusion (Denver recieved compensation for the holdout in the form of a draft pick, therefor any money owed by Lelie was null and void. If we had to cut him because of the holdout, then the Broncos would have won money. At least that how I remember it.)
                    sigpic
                    The only thing that can stop the ninja.
                    Setting yourself on fire so they can't catch you!

Comment

No way Ashley returns to Denver in anything but a visitor's uniform.

He made it clear he didnt want to play for us, and burned that bridge to the ground.

Maybe if we had a new coach or something............

He keeps this up, nobody is gonna want him.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBroncLove
                        He won that battle. According to the NFL, Lelie doesn't owe the Bronco organization anything.

I don't agree with the ruling, but I can understand how they came to that conclusion (Denver recieved compensation for the holdout in the form of a draft pick, therefor any money owed by Lelie was null and void. If we had to cut him because of the holdout, then the Broncos would have won money. At least that how I remember it.)
                        I wonder could he return kicks,it would be awesome with the speed he has.

Comment

What an idiot...Atlanta is one of the few places where he could be the #1.

Comment

It really makes sense for Ashley from a business sense which most people on this site overlook and just would rather bash them without analyzing the situation. You guys all know I have supported Lelie and I'll continue to support him. He'll be an asset on the market and will likely get a solid deal. He's still a good player. He's a great #2 receiver; and not a good #1 option. I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him back here, but it's probably unlikely. I stated this a week after he was traded that he would likely become a free agent.

Look on the bright side, Denver got second-round value (early third, fourth next year which could push us into that bracket) for a guy who spent a year on a team. The Redskins and Falcons lost big time on that deal, we won huge.

Personal thoughts aside, everyone on this board knowns that Ashley would improve our offense. I don't want to hold back the development of Marshall, but I'd love to see Ashley and Javon line up side by side, with Brandon as the #3 here. Damn. Cutler's arm, Ashley's speed. Money.

Comment

Originally posted by Dream
                              It really makes sense for Ashley from a business sense which most people on this site overlook and just would rather bash them without analyzing the situation. You guys all know I have supported Lelie and I'll continue to support him. He'll be an asset on the market and will likely get a solid deal. He's still a good player. He's a great #2 receiver; and not a good #1 option. I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him back here, but it's probably unlikely. I stated this a week after he was traded that he would likely become a free agent.

Look on the bright side, Denver got second-round value (early third, fourth next year which could push us into that bracket) for a guy who spent a year on a team. The Redskins and Falcons lost big time on that deal, we won huge.

Personal thoughts aside, everyone on this board knowns that Ashley would improve our offense. I don't want to hold back the development of Marshall, but I'd love to see Ashley and Javon line up side by side, with Brandon as the #3 here. Damn. Cutler's arm, Ashley's speed. Money.
                              I agree with you Dream

Comment

Working...
                              X