Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Marshawn) Lynch facing legal trouble

Cal Football Star Accused of Assault on Ex Girlfriend

OAKLAND -- A former girlfriend is accusing former Cal star running back Marshawn Lynch of domestic violence and sexual assault.

KCBS has learned the Alameda County District Attorney is reviewing the woman's claims following an Oakland police investigation.

Lynch's attorney Gerry Schwartzbach denies the allegations.

KCBS has confirmed the woman was granted a restraining order against Lynch Friday morning. Schwartzbach says Lynch was unaware of the court hearing and did not attend.

In her complaint, the woman alleges Lynch choked, slapped and sexually assaulted her in Oakland the night of December 13th. She filed the civil complaint on December 19th, according to court documents obtained by KCBS.

Shwartzbach says Lynch was at the woman's home with a friend that night, but denies that any violence or sexual assault took place. He says Lynch was questioned by police and is co-operating with investigators.

Oakland police declined to comment, as did the deputy district attorney handling the case.

Lynch, the Pac-10 offensive player of the year and a first team All-American as a junior last season, left school early to enter the NFL draft. He is considered a likely first round draft choice. His last game for Cal was the Holiday Bowl victory over Texas A&M on December 28th. He attended Oakland Tech high school.

http://kcbs.com/pages/191060.php?con...ntentId=296785
    Serious stuff, with some serious consequences ahead, potentially.

Originally posted by WABronco
    Serious stuff, with some serious consequences ahead, potentially.
    ok....the broncos have a LYNCH on their team.....

can you specify its not John Lynch.....you had me worried
    "I'm also serious when I say: You can't stop Elvis Dumervil; you can only hope to contain him." -Peter King-

sigpic
    -The best in the business-

Comment

I wonder whose gonna be the bone head team that will draft him.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheMastermind

Well, it was in the right forum, but hopefully he can stay out of trouble...
        sigpic

Comment

I KNEW there was a reason I didn't like him!

This makes me glad that we are alerted to this cancer before he gets the chance to smear our team's name with his crap, like Mo Clo

Sooo, which will it be, the Raiders or the Bengals.....?

RIP D-Will and Nash

Comment

Originally posted by DawgFanatic
            I wonder whose gonna be the bone head team that will draft him.
            After winning the coin flip against Tampa Bay,

with the third overall pick in the 2007 Draft, The Cleveland Browns select...
            sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
            Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

Originally posted by TheMastermind

"2007 Draft and Free Agency"

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
                "2007 Draft and Free Agency"
                It's like going on the Bengals board and saying "Johnson facing legal trouble."

It's going to get people saying "not again." (Bungle exclusive)

but it's also going to confuse some people.

Either way, this is going to lower his stock, whether or not he is innocent.

Frankly, I'd rather get a pass rushing DE like Charles Johnson or Victor Adiamiri (potentially trading down to get more picks to also move up in the second round and get one of those guys who slips outta the first).
                sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
                Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

Well one thing is for sure....so far my statement about "waiting for more information before crowning people" is current being proven true.
                  "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

Comment

I am always suspicious of these kinds of things. If this report came out on December 14th, where the incident was said to occur on December 13th, and the woman had markings on her and was able to prove that it happened than its much more believable. But whenever there is a time gap, it raises questions for me.

I am in no way saying that it did not happen, obviously I have no idea. I just think that with so many people trying to leech off of pro athletes, and all of the money that Marshawn is about to make after he is drafted, this kind of thing should be scrutinized until proven accurate. I hope he did not do this, just because its a terrible act. Nothing to do with football. If he is guilty, I hope he is punished accordingly and not just given a slap on the wrist.

Comment

With the 1st pick of the 2007. the Oakland Raiders pick Marshawn Lynch.

Mel Kiper- "What a great pick, Lynch fits Oaklands system of losers and deadbeats. Al Davis wasnt sure about the kid, till he found out he was a woman beater, and couldnt pass up the chance to have such a classy guy, for a classy organization!

Comment

Well, I think it's important to remember that he's innocent until proven guilty. While it's certainly possible he's guilty I believe it's a bit quick to just assume he did it. Star athletes do get falsely accused now and then from people hoping for a quick payday.

If he's innocent, it's really important for him to get cleared of the allegations in a hurry. If he's guilty, he'll pay a hefty price beyond any legal penalties.

But this certainly puts a damper on any talk of drafting him, at least for the moment.
                        "You can't take the sky from me..."
                        ------
                        "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                          Well, I think it's important to remember that he's innocent until proven guilty. While it's certainly possible he's guilty I believe it's a bit quick to just assume he did it. Star athletes do get falsely accused now and then from people hoping for a quick payday.

If he's innocent, it's really important for him to get cleared of the allegations in a hurry. If he's guilty, he'll pay a hefty price beyond any legal penalties.

But this certainly puts a damper on any talk of drafting him, at least for the moment.

agreed on all points. . . .
                          Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lorcust
                            It's like going on the Bengals board and saying "Johnson facing legal trouble."

It's going to get people saying "not again." (Bungle exclusive)

but it's also going to confuse some people.

Either way, this is going to lower his stock, whether or not he is innocent.

Frankly, I'd rather get a pass rushing DE like Charles Johnson or Victor Adiamiri (potentially trading down to get more picks to also move up in the second round and get one of those guys who slips outta the first).
                            This wouldn't even be news on the Bengals board considering all of the legal problems they faced this year. Let's see...Chris Henry and his off field antics, arrested 4 times in 14 months, then A.J. Nicholson charged w/burglarizing a former college teammates apartment and finally Frostee Rucker charged with 2 counts of spousal abuse and vandalism. As far as the Bengals are concerned "been there...done that" is he still available? :paper:
                            Last edited by ROCKIES; 01-27-2007, 12:04 AM.

Comment

I would like to amend what I said earlier...

If this IS true, I'm glad it came out before the draft. I definitely think the Broncos need to watch for character guys in te draft, mostly because I don'twant to end up lke the Denver Nuggets (no flames plz, just my opinion...KMart is not exactly a good role model...) But if it's not that that is completely unfair and terrible for MLynch. These reports have been known to be false before.

Duke Lacrosse anyone?

RIP D-Will and Nash

Comment

Working...
                              X