Eric Weddle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric Weddle

Being from Utah, I watched this guy play for the Utes, and he's an all around athlete. He played everything from CB to QB for the Utes. Seems he's found a position before the draft, at safety. In practices for the senior bowl, he found himself around the ball alot, recording several interceptions. Broncos need some youth at safety, and weddle is great in coverage. A cover saftey in Denver? sounds good to me. Also, to get experience, we could plug him in at nickleback when needed, as Foxworth should be the new starting right CB. Thoughts?

I like him no doubt. We need depth at that position being as we have lots of age in that position. I am not sure that he could contribute as much to start with, Fergusson and Brandon are great position players, so long as they stay healthy. Curome Cox isnt looking to bad either, so i say it depends on when he is taken. He likely wont come in soon to play, and would cost a valueable first day pick that could be used on a more pressing area. I wouldnt be too opposed to the Chiefs meathod, and getting some prospective safeties late in the second day to groom in to the position.

No offense i like weddle, but i cant help but think what we would miss out on if we used an early day pick.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hardcorebronco
      I like him no doubt. We need depth at that position being as we have lots of age in that position. I am not sure that he could contribute as much to start with, Fergusson and Brandon are great position players, so long as they stay healthy. Curome Cox isnt looking to bad either, so i say it depends on when he is taken. He likely wont come in soon to play, and would cost a valueable first day pick that could be used on a more pressing area. I wouldnt be too opposed to the Chiefs meathod, and getting some prospective safeties late in the second day to groom in to the position.

No offense i like weddle, but i cant help but think what we would miss out on if we used an early day pick.
      Great reply and no offense taken. I actually hope we get some D-line help in the early rounds. Was just curious to hear what peoples opinion on Weddle was. Thanks for your reply.

Comment

I would LOVE to see the guy at free safety. The guy is a flat out football player. Haha, there is nothing more to say about him.

He hits pretty hard, he runs pretty fast, he makes plays, and he is a big time leader.

The guy is going to be a more than solid starter in the NFL, I am absolutely convinced of it. I just hope he starts in blue and orange.

We need his coverage skills at safety, way too often did I see Lynch blowing a coverage on a younger and faster receiver. Not that we can fault Lynch for that as he is older and still plays his butt off. We just need some youth and speed in the free safety position, and I don't think Brandon, Fergusson, or Cox are the answers we are looking for.

I would put my money on Weddle starting at FS mid way through the season for us.

My only worry is him on run support, he is only 200 pounds, I don't know how he can handle the NFL backs that are going to be thrown at him (LT and LJ specifically.)

Comment

I would love for this guy to be a Bronco! He would be an immediate "impact player" for us! Hes projected to go high 2nd rnd so, its a stretch but if we can aquire another 2nd rounder through a trade, i think we would go after him. Just have to hope

Comment

Look at my sig, I think he is well worth a 2nd rounder. Problem is he will be off the board when the Broncos goes on the clock.
            Eric Weddle S Utah

Comment

Thats why i want to get aother 2nd rounder, so we can get him as well, we need to make a trade with like the Jets or Texans for a high 2nd.
              1st rnd - DE/DL
              2nda-Weddle
              2ndb-RB
              3rda - you get the picture
              3rdb

Comment

If he and Meriweather are both on the board at our second rounder, and we pick Weddle, I will be steamed.

Comment

I think this guy will be very good for along time. He has amazing talent, but he is an overacheiver because he is not as fast or as strong as some of the other prospects. What sets him apart is his versatility, intelligence, and toughness. He would contribute immediately on Special Teams as he learns the position behind John Lynch, with a chance to start over Ferguson if he learns quickly. I hope he is there when we pick in the 3rd

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1986
                    If he and Meriweather are both on the board at our second rounder, and we pick Weddle, I will be steamed.

Yea if Meriweather was on the board and we picke Weddle I would be pissed. But if we get Weddle in the 3rd or on day 2 then I'm fine with that.
                    President Cool

Comment

DAY 2?!! this guys gone by the 50th pick in every mock daft ive seen!!!!!!!!!
                      Some have him ahead of Merryweather in the 1st. (SD or NE) I would rather have a versitale overachiever, than yet another guy who has character issues.

Comment

Originally posted by socalorado1
                        DAY 2?!! this guys gone by the 50th pick in every mock daft ive seen!!!!!!!!!
                        Some have him ahead of Merryweather in the 1st. (SD or NE) I would rather have a versitale overachiever, than yet another guy who has character issues.
                        Damn good posting, Meriweather has undeniable talent but as the Bengals off the field issues has clearly proven this season character is an important element. Last thing Denver needs is a guy who can't stay out of trouble. However if Weddle is gone, we should definitely give Meriweather a long hard look.

My 0.2
                        Eric Weddle S Utah

Comment

Yup we should check him out if we are stuck with no other options...... but jeez, i dont want some freakin idiot all over ESPN every other week for stupid Chris Henry crap.......No more Clarrets PLEASE

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats took this guy in the 1st.

He is their kinda guy

Comment

What are people's thoughts on this guy now? I haven't been keeping up on all the draft news. Do we have a legit chance at him for #2?

I think he reminds me a lot of Lynch in that he is a bit slower less athletic as you would like, but he still produced in a major way because of his toughness and intelligence.

I still want him on our team.

Comment

Working...
                              X