• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• socalorado1
    replied
    Originally posted by ignitionnight
    http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/10025995

I am a big Weddle fan too, but I am not kidding myself about his physical skills. If you look at that link he is only in the top 5 in one or two of those categories. Plus he only repped the bench 11 times.

He is not a top physical specimen like the other guys are, but he replaces that with a football IQ that not a single player in the draft can match.
    Griffin 5'11" 3/4 202
    BP 16
    20 yard shuttle 4.10
    3 cone 6.60
    Weddle 5'11" 1/4 203
    BP 11
    20 yard shuttle 4.12
    3 cone 6.78
    pretty close. I see the 20 yard shuttle and 3 cone as the most important as well as the 60 yard shuttle, but i dont see all the results for it. (60 yard)
    Weddle and Griffin are going to be 2 guys that alot of teams are going to look back on and think..."[email protected]!TT we should of taken that guy!!!!!"

Leave a comment:

• ignitionnight
    replied
    Originally posted by socolorado1
    Weddle isnt only a great football player, (he isnt slow or less athletic) played CB and held All-America receiver Calvin Johnson of Georgia Tech to 2 receptions for 19 yards in an incredible Emerald Bowl performance ...
    http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/10025995

I am a big Weddle fan too, but I am not kidding myself about his physical skills. If you look at that link he is only in the top 5 in one or two of those categories. Plus he only repped the bench 11 times.

He is not a top physical specimen like the other guys are, but he replaces that with a football IQ that not a single player in the draft can match.

Leave a comment:

• Wolverine15
    replied
    i see weedle to be more like archuleta than lynch. hes an overachiever in school and might do it for one year in the pros but then will just fall apart. as for merriweather he doesnt have the character issues that every one thinks he is a good guy who sticks up for his teammates. i hope we either get him in the first and a guy like moses in the second or take moss in the first and trade up in the second to get merriweather.
    If we dont trade for Jenkins i hope we go with Dline first round as and trade for up for Merriweather 2nd round..cuz he can do it all..play center field cover TE's and recievers..and come up and lay the lumber on somone if he needs too. But Weddle i think has a chance to be pretty darn good aswell.

Leave a comment:

• hilife
    replied
    Originally posted by cadencesdad
    Being from Utah, I watched this guy play for the Utes, and he's an all around athlete. He played everything from CB to QB for the Utes. Seems he's found a position before the draft, at safety. In practices for the senior bowl, he found himself around the ball alot, recording several interceptions. Broncos need some youth at safety, and weddle is great in coverage. A cover saftey in Denver? sounds good to me. Also, to get experience, we could plug him in at nickleback when needed, as Foxworth should be the new starting right CB. Thoughts?
    i wouldn't mind using a late 2nd early third on him. Might end up being a very good saftey.

EDIT: hahahah opps I already posted in this thread.
    Last edited by hilife; 04-16-2007, 09:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Dream
    replied
    I like Weddle too, either at #56 or #70.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoRT
    replied
    Originally posted by BigJuan
    i see weedle to be more like archuleta than lynch. hes an overachiever in school and might do it for one year in the pros but then will just fall apart. as for merriweather he doesnt have the character issues that every one thinks he is a good guy who sticks up for his teammates. i hope we either get him in the first and a guy like moses in the second or take moss in the first and trade up in the second to get merriweather.
    Archuleta was a workout warrior who lacked the mental skills to excel in the NFL. Weddle is a playmaking football player. He outhinks his opponents along with great leadership and work ethic.

Remember be badly need to address our Special Teams which were not to special last year. Weddle would be a great fit, not just at safety, but for our Special Teams also.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoRT
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggcow
    I don't think anyone with the name Weddle can be intimidating enough to play on our team.
    We had an Ashley.

We had a Courtney.

One of the scariest men to ever play in the NFL was named **** Butkis!

Weddle will be fine along with Ebenezer, Elvis and Engleberger.

Leave a comment:

• socalorado1
    replied
    Originally posted by ignitionnight
    What are people's thoughts on this guy now? I haven't been keeping up on all the draft news. Do we have a legit chance at him for #2?

I think he reminds me a lot of Lynch in that he is a bit slower less athletic as you would like, but he still produced in a major way because of his toughness and intelligence.

I still want him on our team.
    Yes we have a legit chance with #56, if the drafts goes a certian way, but dont get too excited. Alot of analysts had him moving up on their boards into the top 40-50 depending of who your referring to, so it is just wait and see.
    the fact that adam jones and henry got suspeneded didnt help a player like meriweather. He has kinda taken a little hit due to his past, so some analysts i think are over emphasizisng this and moving Weddle ahead.
    Weddle isnt only a great football player, (he isnt slow or less athletic) played CB and held All-America receiver Calvin Johnson of Georgia Tech to 2 receptions for 19 yards in an incredible Emerald Bowl performance ... please, find a better more versitale safety in this years draft. He just does not get the publicity of some of the "big school" players, but every analyst has him at least in their top 5. Safety is DEEP in this years draft. Lots of talent out there. Weddle is also more importantly the opposite of what some might call a "troubled player." Weddle is a great leader and a guy with "character" something every team needs in the locker room.
    Married to the former Chanel Blaquiere ... Chanel played soccer for Utah State ... very active in community service, including helping out at the Utah Food Bank, speaking on the importance of education at the Utah youth correctional facility, visiting children at the Utah Primary Children's Hospital and tutoring kids with learning disabilities at three different elementary schools... special education major ... full name is Eric Steven Weddle ... born Jan. 4, 1985.

Leave a comment:

• BigJuan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Rackman
    replied
    Weddles the complete package. He fits a big need, and he won't disappoint.

Leave a comment:

• Doggcow
    replied
    I don't think anyone with the name Weddle can be intimidating enough to play on our team.

Leave a comment:

• ignitionnight
    replied
    What are people's thoughts on this guy now? I haven't been keeping up on all the draft news. Do we have a legit chance at him for #2?

I think he reminds me a lot of Lynch in that he is a bit slower less athletic as you would like, but he still produced in a major way because of his toughness and intelligence.

I still want him on our team.

Leave a comment:

• 22cannon
    replied
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats took this guy in the 1st.

He is their kinda guy

Leave a comment:

• socalorado1
    replied
    Yup we should check him out if we are stuck with no other options...... but jeez, i dont want some freakin idiot all over ESPN every other week for stupid Chris Henry crap.......No more Clarrets PLEASE

Leave a comment:

• lord_helmet
    replied
    Originally posted by socalorado1
    DAY 2?!! this guys gone by the 50th pick in every mock daft ive seen!!!!!!!!!
    Some have him ahead of Merryweather in the 1st. (SD or NE) I would rather have a versitale overachiever, than yet another guy who has character issues.
    Damn good posting, Meriweather has undeniable talent but as the Bengals off the field issues has clearly proven this season character is an important element. Last thing Denver needs is a guy who can't stay out of trouble. However if Weddle is gone, we should definitely give Meriweather a long hard look.

My 0.2

Leave a comment:

Working...
X