In the REAL world of our D line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the REAL world of our D line

Who can we get as an impact player from game one. I'm not talking about long-long shot FA and not even the draft, that's always more of a chance of busting. Who do you think we have a good shot at getting and improving our D line from day one. Any ideas of who Bates may be able to convert to the Orange and Blue?

Patrick Kerney, Jarod Allen, or Charles Grant. All of these guys would be an immediate impact. The draft seems to be pretty deep at D-line as well, but until they actually get drafted and live up to the hype in game situations it's all speculation...but theoretically there's a number of rookies who could make an impact as well.

Comment

Patrick Kerney is the guy we should get, is an everydown linemen and will get a consistant 7-10 sacks a season. Since his old line coach is here it would be a perfect fit.

Comment

Simeon Rice is also a possiblilty. With any of these pass rushers our defense is set.

Comment

One more

I'd like to add Justin Smith to the list. Jarod Allen is in some legal trouble, but I'm not sure how much; so, I'd remove him from the running.

Hell, Justin Smith is a Bengal and not in jail, so he must be a pretty good guy, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Alps
            Simeon Rice is also a possiblilty. With any of these pass rushers our defense is set.

NO WAY!!! you already stole lynch you just back up...
            sigpic
            When you wanna win the game you gotta play it Bucc_Nasty!!
            ^^THX SNK^^^^
            You Da Man

Comment

Originally posted by dare2bme
              I'd like to add Justin Smith to the list. Jarod Allen is in some legal trouble, but I'm not sure how much; so, I'd remove him from the running.

Hell, Justin Smith is a Bengal and not in jail, so he must be a pretty good guy, right?
              Forgot about him...good point.

Originally posted by Bucc_Nasty
              Bitter...bitter....jk. I hope you let Simeon Rice go like you did John Lynch...we're doing pretty well with your garbage so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Alps

Bitter...bitter....jk. I hope you let Simeon Rice go like you did John Lynch...we're doing pretty well with your garbage so far.

wasn't a matter of garbage...it had to do with Grudens ways and cap issues..beleive me..he will rejoin after a yr or 2 with the broncos and retire as a bucc like he should...im just glad hes not a raider...
                sigpic
                When you wanna win the game you gotta play it Bucc_Nasty!!
                ^^THX SNK^^^^
                You Da Man

Comment

no he won't. he loves the broncos. he will retire a bronco

Comment

If Shanahan wants Simeon Rice then he will have Simeon Rice and there's nothing you can do about it.

In all seriousness though, I think Rice would be a good pick up for us. I think I would prefer a big DT though, like Terdell Sands.
                    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                    You Mad Bro?
                    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

wasn't a matter of garbage...it had to do with Grudens ways and cap issues..beleive me..he will rejoin after a yr or 2 with the broncos and retire as a bucc like he should...im just glad hes not a raider...
                      I didn't literally mean garbage. I know he was a victim of the salary cap. I was just saying we picked someone up who you let go.

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee
                        If Shanahan wants Simeon Rice then he will have Simeon Rice and there's nothing you can do about it.

In all seriousness though, I think Rice would be a good pick up for us. I think I would prefer a big DT though, like Terdell Sands.
                        Amen! Sands playing next to Warren could improve the ability to stop the run while not allowing the QB to step up out of the way of pressure on passing downs. Each of these factors would make the Broncos a better defense and with both combined it might well be a huge improvement.

When you clog the middle and take away the running game, the DE would get more sacks and hurries while the DBs would have more opportunities for interceptions.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean
                          Amen! Sands playing next to Warren could improve the ability to stop the run while not allowing the QB to step up out of the way of pressure on passing downs. Each of these factors would make the Broncos a better defense and with both combined it might well be a huge improvement.

When you clog the middle and take away the running game, the DE would get more sacks and hurries while the DBs would have more opportunities for interceptions.
                          denver played off the line on ideouts .. which if your champ iey is good news.. while playing on thLOS you wont get as many reads on the QB but hey ts what i see
                          The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                          While he sits by his hearth at home.
                          Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                          That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Since we're going with reality not common sense....

Originally posted by JerseyAdam
                            Who can we get as an impact player from game one. I'm not talking about long-long shot FA and not even the draft, that's always more of a chance of busting. Who do you think we have a good shot at getting and improving our D line from day one. Any ideas of who Bates may be able to convert to the Orange and Blue?

Alvin McKinley!

Write it down.....You head it here first!

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosinindy
                              denver played off the line on ideouts .. which if your champ iey is good news.. while playing on thLOS you wont get as many reads on the QB but hey ts what i see
                              I am not sure what point you are making but I will clarify what I was trying to express. Let me explain what my reasoning was.

First in response- yes, the Bronco DB did play off the receivers so they could read and react to the QB. Yes, they may switch to bump and run with the addition of Bates as the DC. Then again, if Champ wants to play off the receiver my bet is that he will be allowed to do that.

My comment on the acquisition of Sands (any good DT) leading to possibly increased sack numbers is not dependent upon the type of coverage. If the QB is rushed, both his accuracy and the quality of his decissions will be affected. Those factors lead to more ints irregardless of the type of coverage.

Comment

Working...
                              X