Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secrecy is crucial in NFL draft

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...128/SPORTS0103

The NFL draft is a high-stakes game of liar's poker. Until a team actually takes a player, nothing can be believed.

The Denver Broncos gave a textbook example last year of not showing their hand.

They took quarterback Jay Cutler of Vanderbilt with the 11th pick overall. He was the third quarterback taken. Vince Young went third overall to Tennessee, and Matt Leinart went to Arizona, one pick ahead of Cutler.

Broncos coach Mike Shanahan was so sold on Cutler that he didn't want anyone to know his plans. He never called Cutler or his agent before the draft, to make sure the word wouldn't get out.

The first time Cutler learned the Broncos were interested in him was when they drafted him.

This makes me wonder what Mike will do - like you Denver fans have said. It could be anything. I am so glad they got Jay Cutler.

I would be so happy if we got a Stud DT or DE! We REALLY need this!

I just don't know.

----------------------------------------------
    I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Dont get heart attack you old Bronco fans when we draft A. Peterson by trading up or M. Lynch. You know Mike Shanahan, even Santa Claus secrecy is nothing compare to Shanny's.
    XBL: The1Executioner

Comment

If we got A.P. I would be unbelieavably happy. He would take us to the top of the NFL. Defenses would have to start gameplannin just to stop him cause he is such a great runner and that will give Cutler so many more options.

Comment

Originally posted by The Executioner
        Dont get heart attack you old Bronco fans when we draft A. Peterson by trading up or M. Lynch. You know Mike Shanahan, even Santa Claus secrecy is nothing compare to Shanny's.

Maybe he doesn't want anyone laughing at his mistakes( that he'll cut/trade a few years later) before he makes 'em!

Comment

Working...
        X