Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

marcus thomas to play in texas vs nation game!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • marcus thomas to play in texas vs nation game!!

    Friday, February 2, 2007
    Another chance for Marcus Thomas
    Marcus Thomas will be playing for the first time in several months today when he plays in the inaugural "Texas vs. the Nation" all-star game at the Sun Bowl. Thomas, probably the most talented player on the field, was once considered a first rounder. However, after a senior season full of turmoil, he'll need a big game and a lot of fast talking to convince NFL personnel to take a chance on him.

    Thomas tested positive for marijuana twice over a four-week period, and was later kicked off the Florida Gators for violating terms of his reinstatement.

    On the field Thomas is an impact interior lineman. He has a quick burst off the line of scrimmage and his combination of strength, agility, and determination make him hard to stop.
    Labels: DL, Thomas

    this a guy i hope denver takes a serious look at and pulls the trigger on, on draft day.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Denver_56
    Friday, February 2, 2007
    Another chance for Marcus Thomas
    Marcus Thomas will be playing for the first time in several months today when he plays in the inaugural "Texas vs. the Nation" all-star game at the Sun Bowl. Thomas, probably the most talented player on the field, was once considered a first rounder. However, after a senior season full of turmoil, he'll need a big game and a lot of fast talking to convince NFL personnel to take a chance on him.

    Thomas tested positive for marijuana twice over a four-week period, and was later kicked off the Florida Gators for violating terms of his reinstatement.

    On the field Thomas is an impact interior lineman. He has a quick burst off the line of scrimmage and his combination of strength, agility, and determination make him hard to stop.
    Labels: DL, Thomas

    this a guy i hope denver takes a serious look at and pulls the trigger on, on draft day.

    He is a good player but he does have some problems off the field
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by CB Bronco Fan
      He is a good player but he does have some problems off the field
      so did d-will but he panned out well until he was taken from this world.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Denver_56
        so did d-will but he panned out well until he was taken from this world.
        I dont remember him having problems off the field. But Marcus Thomas cannot stay out of the drugs.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by CB Bronco Fan
          I dont remember him having problems off the field. But Marcus Thomas cannot stay out of the drugs.

          I remember that D-will was benched by his coach at OSU duing his senior season because of some "discipline issue". He was also involved in some kind of traffic incident involving marijuana back home in Texas after his rookie year. I think it was a traffic stop where pot was found in his car and the passenger took the blame for it. It may very well have been not D-Will's weed, but I'm sure he wasn't as innocent as he let on, either.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by HORSEPOWER 56
            I remember that D-will was benched by his coach at OSU duing his senior season because of some "discipline issue". He was also involved in some kind of traffic incident involving marijuana back home in Texas after his rookie year. I think it was a traffic stop where pot was found in his car and the passenger took the blame for it. It may very well have been not D-Will's weed, but I'm sure he wasn't as innocent as he let on, either.
            yeah thats the incident i was talkin about i just remembered em talkin about it on draft day.

            Comment


            • #7
              I would love to see us take a chance on Marcus Thomas, and I hope that he falls to us in the 2nd or 3rd round. If he is there in the 3rd we had better jump on that pick.


              Marijuana problem > Steroid problem in my opinion. He can stay clean enough to not get suspended if it means getting a big pay check in the NFL. What he does outside of that is his business.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by GoBroncos84
                I would love to see us take a chance on Marcus Thomas, and I hope that he falls to us in the 2nd or 3rd round. If he is there in the 3rd we had better jump on that pick.


                Marijuana problem > Steroid problem in my opinion. He can stay clean enough to not get suspended if it means getting a big pay check in the NFL. What he does outside of that is his business.
                exactly!and wut kinda message does that send to all those college football players when they c a luis castillo catapult into the first because he used steroids?!?!?seriously

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Denver_56
                  exactly!and wut kinda message does that send to all those college football players when they c a luis castillo catapult into the first because he used steroids?!?!?seriously

                  I dont like him but he also has a clause in his contract that if he is caught usin them again he loses all of his signing bonus or something like that. It was his idea
                  Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                  Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                  Tweet me @JoRo_5551

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    ???????

                    I just don't understand why people with so much to lose can't stay away from the Hippy-Lettuce!


                    .

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Denver_56
                      Friday, February 2, 2007
                      Another chance for Marcus Thomas

                      Thomas tested positive for marijuana twice over a four-week period, and was later kicked off the Florida Gators for violating terms of his reinstatement.

                      this a guy i hope denver takes a serious look at and pulls the trigger on, on draft day.
                      Great, maybe we can get Ricky Williams also, and those two can room together. The kid got caught twice in a 4 week period. Not even Ricky did that. I know that the NFL is the warehouse of second chances, but there has to be point where teams wake up and realize that some people don't deserve second chances. This guy wasn't even smart enough to stay away from the junk for more than a month after he got caught the first time. If you put this kid in a situation where he's making hundreds of thousands of dollars or even millions of dollars a year, he's just going to keep behaving the same way. He's not going to change just because he's making a bunch of money.
                      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                      You Mad Bro?
                      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by stnzed
                        I just don't understand why people with so much to lose can't stay away from the Hippy-Lettuce!


                        .

                        For the same reason that your average joe can't not drink and drive. He has just as much to lose if he gets caught but everyone thinks they're smarter than the system. Until they get caught, that is.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X