maybe this was a bad dream, but

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maybe this was a bad dream, but

I dont know where I saw this information, but I might have heard the broncos were interested in resigning ashlie lelie soon. It would make no sense to me, but i was wondering if anyone has heard this one?

Originally posted by va broncos fan
    I dont know where I saw this information, but I might have heard the broncos were interested in resigning ashlie lelie soon. It would make no sense to me, but i was wondering if anyone has heard this one?
    It was reported by the Denver Post, and supposedly Lelie's agent is talking to Denver about a long-term cap friendly deal to return. The likely reasons would be his friends on the team, including Walker and the loss of Williams, plus he still has a house here. I am not sold it will happen, but right now it is an interesting rumor that the post set forth.

Comment

If this did happen, do you think that Rod would just retire? I don't know if I see him splitting time with Ashley and I don't see Ashley being ok with 4th reciever either, he wasn't ok with competing for the #2 spot

Comment

i think ashley was influenced waaaaaay too much by hisagent last year, he seemed to love it in denver when he was here until his agent got greedy. aybe ashley wants to right a wrong and return to th place he enjoyed so much

Comment

Another showing that the grass isn't always greener on the other side. Personally, I hope it happens. With Cutler's arm, Javon, Rod, Ashley and Brandon....our WR will be a feared unit in the NFL. FINALLY!!! :dance:
          Last edited by Giveemlove; 02-05-2007, 11:08 AM.
          Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

Originally posted by BIG HOUSE
            i think ashley was influenced waaaaaay too much by hisagent last year, he seemed to love it in denver when he was here until his agent got greedy. aybe ashley wants to right a wrong and return to th place he enjoyed so much
            I was frustrated FOR Ashley when he was here. I cringed every time Jake underthrew him on a route. I do not agree with how Ashley handled everything, but with Jay's arm and Ashley's speed it would be a very potent offense and I would welcome him back so long as the deal is reasonable.

Comment

im not a huge ashley fan but if he comes back i hope shanny, walker, and smith sit his arse down and make things clear about his role on the field. not this i wanna be da guy crap. its a team sport and you win/lose as a team.
              i hope they make him a #4 rec. and it is stated in his contract.
              sigpic

sig by B4B6..

Comment

Originally posted by lynchembaby
                im not a huge ashley fan but if he comes back i hope shanny, walker, and smith sit his arse down and make things clear about his role on the field. not this i wanna be da guy crap. its a team sport and you win/lose as a team.
                i hope they make him a #4 rec. and it is stated in his contract.
                Well, he was a model player before his screw up, so I don't think that matters. Besides, Walker would have no right to tell him that after he did the same thing in GB .

and no WR would want to sign a contract to be just a #4 WR when they could win the #2 or #3 spot.

Comment

that would be sick if ash came back, i would love it. however i just dont see it happening. he wanted to be #1 that was his mane reason for leaving,
                  So far:
                  FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                  1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29
                    that would be sick if ash came back, i would love it. however i just dont see it happening. he wanted to be #1 that was his mane reason for leaving,
                    Common misconception. He said he wanted a fair shot at COMPETING for the #1 job.

Comment

I definitely think this past year brought Lelie back down to earth. After playing with Vick, I think he may realize how good he had it in Denver. Also, now that Denver finally has a QB that can lead the WRs, in Cutler, Lelie may see Denver as a great place to showcase his skills (speed). I can understand why Lelie was frustrated in Denver, with Plummer constantly underthrowing a wide open Lelie; however, I was not happy with his antics. If he does come back, he needs to realize it will be as a position player (deep threat), at least until he proves himself to be a reliable every down WR. If he wants his #1 WR money, then I don't want the guy back; but if he can be a team player, I'd say Welcome back!

Comment

Originally posted by PurdueBronc
                        I definitely think this past year brought Lelie back down to earth. After playing with Vick, I think he may realize how good he had it in Denver. Also, now that Denver finally has a QB that can lead the WRs, in Cutler, Lelie may see Denver as a great place to showcase his skills (speed). I can understand why Lelie was frustrated in Denver, with Plummer constantly underthrowing a wide open Lelie; however, I was not happy with his antics. If he does come back, he needs to realize it will be as a position player (deep threat), at least until he proves himself to be a reliable every down WR. If he wants his #1 WR money, then I don't want the guy back; but if he can be a team player, I'd say Welcome back!
                        Exactly. I am hoping he was humbled by the experience, and will go with a familiar system and players/coaches without asking for top dollar. Plus having a young gun slinger that can get him the football in stride instead of dealing with the erratic throws Vick would hurl up. Not even Ashley was fast enough to snag those

Comment

Honestly, I think it would be a great move, as long as he realizes that he may be the #4 receiver. I'm drooling over the idea of having him out there with Walker, Marshall, Smith, and Scheffler with Cutler in the shotgun. Third and long? So what? Ha!
                          Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Comment

I DO NOT WANT HIM BACK if he will be our #2 WR. The only thing he can do well is run deep patterns! Anything underneath short to medium range he doesn't catch the ball and ALWAYS gets up limping! Walker and Marshall will be killer! However if we can get him back here as our #3 or #4 WR I would love it! You have our #1 & #2 guys that can do anything then you put him in there at #3 and he would open our offence like crazy! Plus when he was here jake was QB and in his deffence Jake ALWAYS underthrew him! Can you even imagine his speed and ability to catch the deep ball with Cutlers arm!!!!! Now that would be fun to see!
                            sigpic

Comment

I wouldnt mind if he came back. It would make our WR set a lot better.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X