trading down??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rugbythug
    If that were true than Why did we try and trade back into the first round to pick up Maroney?
    Ummm, what? If that was the case we would have kept our 2 first rounders and gotten him + another. I'm not sure what you are talking about. We traded from 15 to 11 to get cutler. We traded from 22 and 27 to get the number 15 pick. When exactly in there did we try to go backwards again and what sense would that make?

Shanny said that IF noone would have been willing to trade picks with us so that we could move UP from 15 to get a QB, then we might have taken Maroney at 15. There was no trading down for it though so I'm not really sure what you are talking about.

Comment

I am opposed to the idea of the Broncos trading down. We would be better off if they trade up. If Shanahan wants more picks, then he should work hard to get some picks for Plummer, T. Bell, or Foster or all three. We already have 7 picks this year and don't need to horde more picks in one draft. Right now there are only two RBs projected as definite first round quality picks. One would appear to be out of our reach and the other appears to be very much in our reach. Trading down only puts us further away from having a chance to get a top tier RB, which is an important need to fill.
      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
      You Mad Bro?
      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by jhns
        Ummm, what? If that was the case we would have kept our 2 first rounders and gotten him + another. I'm not sure what you are talking about. We traded from 15 to 11 to get cutler. We traded from 22 and 27 to get the number 15 pick. When exactly in there did we try to go backwards again and what sense would that make?

Shanny said that IF noone would have been willing to trade picks with us so that we could move UP from 15 to get a QB, then we might have taken Maroney at 15. There was no trading down for it though so I'm not really sure what you are talking about.
        Apparently after the Broncos picked Cutler, they then tried to get back into the first round so they could take Maroney. They were unable to do so, so we were stuck with the Bells. If it would have worked, we would have had Cutler and Maroney.
        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
        You Mad Bro?
        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee
          Apparently after the Broncos picked Cutler, they then tried to get back into the first round so they could take Maroney. They were unable to do so, so we were stuck with the Bells. If it would have worked, we would have had Cutler and Maroney.
          I actually just read that wrong. If they did that though, it would have required even more of our picks. That just would mean that we where trying to have even less picks, which is what I was saying. If we would have done that, we most likely wouldnt have Walker now though. So I see it as a good thing that didn't happen.

Comment

good and bad

Originally posted by jhns
            I actually just read that wrong. If they did that though, it would have required even more of our picks. That just would mean that we where trying to have even less picks, which is what I was saying. If we would have done that, we most likely wouldnt have Walker now though. So I see it as a good thing that didn't happen.
            Shannahans plan last year was to try and move up to get cutler and if that was impossible, take maroney with our first pick. After we got cutler, shanny actually tried to trade the patriots our next pick and this years first rounder for Maroney, but the pats were not interested. If they had done this, they would have three first rounders this year to work with. But they didn't.

This could be viewed as good or bad. If we had gotten Maroney we would be set at RB for a long time. However we would also be paying two very high salaries seeing that both he and cutler would have came to us in the first round. Since we didn't get maroney, we got a good TE that has great chemistry with our franchise QB, and we still have our first rounder this year to use as shanny sees fit.

As far as cap room goes, we should have a lot more once rod either restuctures or retires. Courtney brown will likely be gone, and lepsis could be asked to restucture if he cant play this year. his injury is a lot more serious than most believe. Not to menton he had the same surgery on the other knee, though it wasn't as severe. Foster hopefully will be gone, and so will myers more than likely. We will probably get a compensatory pick for losing our starting DT, as long as we don't sign any huge free agent contracts. This pick will likely be fourth round or later and cannot be traded.

If we draft up in the first, I hope we do the same in the second to take Staley, as he can provide protection for cutlers backside for years to come.

In the end it all lies in shanny's hands, not ours. I have faith in him to do what is best for the team.
            09-17-08: OFFICIALLY BACKING JARVIS MOSS TO TURN INTO ONE HELL OF A DEFENSIVE END WITHIN THE NEXT TWO YEARS.-we are all allowed one mistake, right?

Loved McD 's first full FA. Can't wait to see the draft.

2010 Draft WISHlist:

Any center since we don't have one.

Comment

Originally posted by muffcon350
              Shannahans plan last year was to try and move up to get cutler and if that was impossible, take maroney with our first pick. After we got cutler, shanny actually tried to trade the patriots our next pick and this years first rounder for Maroney, but the pats were not interested. If they had done this, they would have three first rounders this year to work with. But they didn't.

This could be viewed as good or bad. If we had gotten Maroney we would be set at RB for a long time. However we would also be paying two very high salaries seeing that both he and cutler would have came to us in the first round. Since we didn't get maroney, we got a good TE that has great chemistry with our franchise QB, and we still have our first rounder this year to use as shanny sees fit.

As far as cap room goes, we should have a lot more once rod either restuctures or retires. Courtney brown will likely be gone, and lepsis could be asked to restucture if he cant play this year. his injury is a lot more serious than most believe. Not to menton he had the same surgery on the other knee, though it wasn't as severe. Foster hopefully will be gone, and so will myers more than likely. We will probably get a compensatory pick for losing our starting DT, as long as we don't sign any huge free agent contracts. This pick will likely be fourth round or later and cannot be traded.

If we draft up in the first, I hope we do the same in the second to take Staley, as he can provide protection for cutlers backside for years to come.

In the end it all lies in shanny's hands, not ours. I have faith in him to do what is best for the team.

one point-- IF we get a compensatory pick for myers, it'll be in next year's draft, not this year's. . . .
              Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Working...
              X