Last year and This year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last year and This year

Last year there was so much hype and potential, to me, this year seems a little less talented? anyone agree?

my dog is shaking its head in agreement, but i think it sees a fly...
    everyone else thinks you're an idiot.

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
    We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

Comment

anyone can disagree without a reason.

Comment

i don't understand why someone would troll a football message board post season...
        even if you're legit, it's still a pretty useless topic.

last season we came off of the afc championship game.. what?! huh? high expectations? potential!? no way...

we missed the playoffs this year.. omg! not as excited as last year? shocking!

i'm very excited about next year, we have a good core of verterans and a lot of young talent, with even more talent surely on the way in FA and the draft. We have cap room this year, so we won't be losing big names this year as we did last year. as i see it we can only get better. how is that not to be excited about?

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank24
          i don't understand why someone would troll a football message board post season...
          even if you're legit, it's still a pretty useless topic.

last season we came off of the afc championship game.. what?! huh? high expectations? potential!? no way...

we missed the playoffs this year.. omg! not as excited as last year? shocking!

i'm very excited about next year, we have a good core of verterans and a lot of young talent, with even more talent surely on the way in FA and the draft. We have cap room this year, so we won't be losing big names this year as we did last year. as i see it we can only get better. how is that not to be excited about?
          Im not sure what your talking about, i was referring to the draft.

Comment

how could i have not known that?
            ah, it's cause you didn't say that.

i still disagree though, i think this draft has more talent in areas that are needs of ours, and i'm very excited to see how shanny blows our minds this year.

Comment

last year we had 2 first round draft pick to work with. That excited me ALOT. This year we have one and should select d-line. Last year noone had a clue what we would pick.

Dont know how clear that is you. Im tired and sick.

Comment

Originally posted by AlmostHasBeen
                Im not sure what your talking about, i was referring to the draft.

don't worry, i caught it. . . .

and yes, you are right. . . no surprise though-- last year was considered at once-in-a-decade or better draft class, with some truly special talents (including three potential franchise QBs). . . this year's class has talent of course, just like every year-- but it can't live up to the star power of last year's class. . . to put things in perspective, a lot of analysts have compared last year's QB crop to the famous class of '83, which is generally considered the best year for QBs in the history of the draft. . .
                Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

meh, i am still more excited this year. last year, despite how great the draft class was, we didn't have any glaring holes that could be improved by the draft. (at least it didn't look like it at the time)

this year, we have some young guys who will only improve, plus several positions that can be improved right away by the drafting the right guys. if shanny puts another one together, i think the draft this year could improve the team a great deal, rather than just add depth like last year.

sorry i missed the meaning of the thread, i had a bad day.

Comment

my bad man, should have been more clear. Just so you know, not like you guys remember me but i used to be dabreeze1984 so im not new i just have a new name.

Comment

Well, this is the draft section of the boards...

Comment

Last year there was a fellow names Reggie Bush that everyone fell in love for. There were also 3 potential franchise qb's, which is rare.

This year there is Calvin Johnson.... and.... Calvin Johnson. But dont worry one of the top 5 picks is a OT.
                        sigpic

Comment

i still disagree though, i think this draft has more talent in areas that are needs of ours, and i'm very excited to see how shanny blows our minds this year.
                          This past seasons draft was one of the best the NFL has ever seen. If you go look at the number of rookies that greatly contributed to their teams winning, it is just amazing. There hasn't been that much production from a rookie class since I can remember.

Also, your statement is way off. Last year had a LOT of d-lineman that contributed to their teams and where better than most veterans. That was while they where rookies. Then there are the RB's. There where like 6 rookies that contributed and are looking like they will be very good. There where a lot of safeties and o-lineman as well. So, I would like to know what exactly is wrong with our team that this years draft class is better for us...

If I where you, I would not expect to see near the number of good players comming out of this draft. A draft like there was last year is VERY rare. I will guarantee that this class is not better than the past one. They may turn out pretty good but there still won't be a comparison. They would have to achieve a lot to be better.

Comment

Defensive line and safety weren't as big of needs last year. I'm not saying they weren't, but this year they are big needs and can actually be improved by the right guys. think of how great our defense will be if we get the right DE and DT! i'm so excited by that alone that i'm using exclamation points two at a time!! besides defensive line, believe we are pretty much set at the skill positions and are a couple guys and a little luck away from a deep playoff run.

Comment

This years Draftees have great talent, but nowhere compared to last year. There were about 3-4 Franchise running backs, 3 Franchise QB's, Lots of great D Lineman, and players that were steals in the late rounds. There so many players that went after the third round last year that helped their team win.

This year however, there might be a few steals. But none like last year. The only true Franchise back this year is Brady Quinn. Jamarcus Russell is going to be a work in progress. There's about three franchise RB's, but all have ? about their health and off the field problems. This year's draft will be speical, but not like last year.

Comment

Working...
                              X