No announcement yet.

Future OT's for Cutler...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't anyone else concerned about Staley's Senior Bowl performence ?!?...If he has trouble blocking straight 4 man rushes <let Jay Moore come clean>how much of a project does he become ?

Maybe I shouldn't let one game turn me off...but he really stood out,In a bad way

Comment

Originally posted by DrewB
      Isn't anyone else concerned about Staley's Senior Bowl performence ?!?...If he has trouble blocking straight 4 man rushes <let Jay Moore come clean>how much of a project does he become ?

Maybe I shouldn't let one game turn me off...but he really stood out,In a bad way
      I agree with this and brings questions up about his reliability in pressure games his first year, and about how much development he needs to be able to perform at the NFL level since the LB's, and DE's will be faster and tougher at the next level.

However his athletic abilities will not change which is why he will go in the early second IMO. He is extremely fast for his size and strength and that is appealing to a zone blocking scheme, which is why I could see him landing in Denver. However given that Denver has had considerable success drafting 4th - 7th round Linemen who have consistently produced, I think we can find a good LT on the second day that requires some development if Lepsis will be able to come back next year at full strength. Personally all this talk about a first day OT is a little premature until more info about Lepsis comes out of the woodworks IMO.

However I wouldn't put it past shanny to grab a player like Staley, but yes, his performance in the Senior Bowl did give me pause on Staley.
      sigpic
      The only thing that can stop the ninja.
      Setting yourself on fire so they can't catch you!

Comment

Originally posted by Celtpride36
        I think the Broncos should try and acquire Eric Winston from the Texans when and if Jake gets dealt to them. Eric Winston is 6'6 313 and is a former TE from the U.
        ESPN Says:
        #73 Eric Winston | OT Roster:

Full Name: Eric Winston
        Born: November 17, 1983
        Midland, TX
        Height: 6-6
        Weight: 311 lbs.

Pos: OT
        Experience: 0 years
        College: Miami (FL)

2006 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.
        Grade: 30 | Key
        Alert: RD

Comment:
        Has a rare combination of size and athleticism. He has a long arms and a wide wingspan. His feet and lateral movement skills are outstanding. He has a quick set in pass pro and almost never gets beat around the corner with pure speed. Is balanced and shows very good body control. A natural knee-bender. Shows the ability to mirror and slide versus the most athletic DE's he's faced. He possesses adequate upper body strength. He has long arms and strong hands to maintain separation. Takes good angles as a run blocker. Has great speed and mobility for his position. Can get downfield quickly as a second-level blocker and shows the consistent ability to hit the moving target. He's a hard worker and a team leader.

Sounds like a perfect fit

Sounds like the Texans have their future stalwart LT.

Comment

Denver better sign a monster OT very soon,or else Cutler will be on IR next .I seen

the hit he took in the 49ers game, I was not happy one bit.

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1986
            Sounds like the Texans have their future stalwart LT.

Actually, his arms are too short. He's likely to be tried at Right Guard this season after bombing at Right Tackle. Charles Spencer is their future stalwart LT.

Comment

Working...
            X