do you think so?

post your reasons why or why not
    yes
    57.58%
    no
    42.42%
    sig pic removed by mod staff.
    we do not allow site advertising.

I hope they move up to get Reggie Nelson.
    I think they will stay put.

Comment

i almost gaurantee they move up, they have enough first day draft picks and people to trade that they could move up and try to take AP, amobi, or marshawn.

just what i think

sig pic removed by mod staff.
      we do not allow site advertising.

Comment

I don't think that we will move up or down b/c of the depth in this draft at the positions that we need help at. I have us taking Michael Griffen (FS from Texas) in the first round and then taking, his teammate in college, Tim Crowder (DE from Texas) in the second round. After this, we can use one of our third round picks on Antonio Pittman or Kenny Irons (if Irons drops that far).

Comment

Originally posted by Alps2315
          I don't think that we will move up or down b/c of the depth in this draft at the positions that we need help at. I have us taking Michael Griffen (FS from Texas) in the first round and then taking, his teammate in college, Tim Crowder (DE from Texas) in the second round. After this, we can use one of our third round picks on Antonio Pittman or Kenny Irons (if Irons drops that far).
          The Broncos will not take a safety in the first round, most experts agree on that. Look at it from Shanahan's point of view - the defense with Ferguson and Brandon went on an incredible run, once they were lost for the season that area really became weak and the defense fell apart. Shanahan may add someone for depth or to develop, but all in all he is more secure with the safeties then many give credit. He even mentioned the injury hurt that area and defensive backs in general were pretty set -- AI: There will not be a top round safety or corner taken this year.

I believe Shanahan and company will try and trade up in some fashion to get Marshawn Lynch...Just a gut feeling I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by tsiguy96
            i almost gaurantee they move up, they have enough first day draft picks and people to trade that they could move up and try to take AP, amobi, or marshawn.

just what i think

Just so you know, this will never happen. The only way that would happen is if we worked out a ton of trades to get higher picks and then trade into the top 10. Marshawn will probably be lower so he is possible.

Last season we had a LOT more value in first day picks and not one team would let us into the top 10. I highly doubt that, with worse picks this year, we will be able to get into the top 10.

Comment

It would be absolutely stupid for the Broncos not to consider a safety in the best draft at the position in ages. Larry Coyer considered safety to be a premium position in our defense, and with Lynch and Ferguson both over 30+ and Ferguson and Brandon's injuries included, the Broncos could stand to look for a safety on day one. I'm not saying round one, but seriously. It's really a patchwork safety corp back there and it leaves a lot to be desired, I look at all those guys and it's more of the same. Pretty lackluster if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dream
                It would be absolutely stupid for the Broncos not to consider a safety in the best draft at the position in ages. Larry Coyer considered safety to be a premium position in our defense, and with Lynch and Ferguson both over 30+ and Ferguson and Brandon's injuries included, the Broncos could stand to look for a safety on day one. I'm not saying round one, but seriously. It's really a patchwork safety corp back there and it leaves a lot to be desired, I look at all those guys and it's more of the same. Pretty lackluster if you ask me.
                What does Coyer have to do with the price of tea in China?

Coyer is no longer here, and I do think they will attempt to add someone somewhere for development but no way they take a safety in the first, nor in the second I think third round is highly possible, especially with the depth available to them. As of this moment it may be on the weaker end of needs to the team DT, HB, G, OT, DE, S and KR, well that is my opinion at least.

Comment

I was just pointing out that an old defensive coordinator thought they were premium players in this defense, and as noted - when Brandon and Ferguson were out, we suffered. I don't believe the Broncos will go for a first-round guy, but they love players who can make an impact on special teams and those who can possibly start immediately. That's why a guy like Michael Griffin in the first-round makes sense. Personally, #21 may be high for some, but considering the kind of player he is who is equally as good against the run and the pass and that he's one of the best special teamers in the draft, I think he'll catch the Broncos eye. Why delay it any longer? At worst, he plays in a limited role this year as a true player on defense, but still gets reps and helps on special teams. He'd start easily in his second year.

Good drafting franchises, like the Patriots - eliminated needs before they become them. With Daniel Graham likely to move on in free agency, the Patriots took several players last year to help fill his void. There's no way he's coming back. Denver needs to do that, and with a deep class like this, it may not be first-round worthy, but it's definitely worthy. The only real ballhawk we have as a safety is Curome Cox, and where I think he'd make an excellent free safety in our defense, Lynch is going to have to be the strong safety in Bates scheme and he needs a replacement. Neither Ferguson or Brandon a year or two down the road when Lynch retires is a viable option. They'll be too old by then.

Back when the Broncos were competing for Super Bowls and winning, they had good safeties, now they have average safeties. Lynch for how old he has been is a pleasant surprise, but he'll eventually retire. It's something the Broncos seriously need to consider. What we have now, outside Cox in my opinion, are a bunch of in the box sort of guys who are good against the run, average against the pass, if average.

In short, Lynch and Ferguson are old. Brandon is coming off a serious injury (as is Ferguson) and is already 27/28. Curome Cox could be a surprise and be a starter as well. The Broncos even went to the depths of adding Cargile and Harris to the roster at the end of the year. Desperation moves if you ask me and are likely camp fodder for next season. I don't think it's likely that it gets addressed very early though, Brandon in the fourth round out of UNLV was the last time we even took a safety (I believe) in the draft.

It's definitely worth a look though, in my opinion. It just has to be.

Comment

I assume that you mean move up in the first round....

I don't think that they will because there is too much depth (especially on defense) in this draft and you don't want to end up overpaying for a guy when there is another guy who is just as good that you could get for less money later.

I do, however, think that they will move up in the second round.

Comment

They will move up and get Marshawn Lynch.
                      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                      You Mad Bro?
                      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Working...
                      X