X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bucc_Nasty
    replied
    Originally posted by GodofallGods
    Not if the raiders draft him. He would be nothing. He would probably be a bust. But if say, the Buccs take him and get a good QB, he would be probably pretty good.

Ya i've got chucky on the phone now he says we are on it

Leave a comment:

• bronco335
    replied
    Johnson is the real deal

I have had the benefit of following Calvin's college career at Ga. Tech and his high school career at Sandy Creek High School. I assure you he will not be a bust. He is the real deal. Look at who he had throwing to him during his three years at Tech...Reggie " I can't see over the offensive line" Ball. Even with that pathetic of a quarterback, Calvin is still in a position be be the top drafted player as a junior.

Concerning baggage, there is none. He comes from a very well grounded family with excellent values and a close bond. He will stay grounded in the NFL. He may have the talent of TO and Moss, but he will carry himself much more professionally. ANYONE that gets Calvin Johnson will be fortunate. No offense, but I pray it is not the Raiders. Calvin has had to deal with a totally disfunctional coaching staff and quarterback for three years. I really hope he is drafted by a team that can offer him some stability and a stable quarterback.

Yes, I am a Georgia "Bronco" fan trying hard to get to the Rocky Mountains. There aren't many Bronco fans in Atlanta, just a bunch of Micheal Vick worshippers...enough said.

Leave a comment:

• kratos_godofwar
    replied
    Raiders can actually get a pretty good draft if they draft CJ first overall. Because if Drew Stanton is sitting there at the number 33 overall, I think the Raiders should go after him. Stanton makes a lot of sense in Oakland because he's got a good arm and can scramble out of danger. But with all the hype on Russell, I think Davis has already made choice on taking Russell. But you never know untill the Draft nears.

Leave a comment:

• DancingHorsey
    replied
    Originally posted by DevilSpawn
    Bust? No. But if they compare a player to the TWO best players at that position minus their weaknesses, then they are setting his fans up for a letdown. It means Johnson has to have 1500+ yards and double digit TDs every year until he retires, and then 3 years after that in flag football. Anything less and they'll say he didn't live up to the hype that THEY created.

The NBA had some like that. Remeber Harold Miner, aka Baby Jordan. That's right, and he stayed playing like Jordan as a baby instead of Jordan the NBA legend. It's a borderline curse. Hindsight is for later though. For now, he's tall, fast, has hands and lacks baggage. Other than the hype, I see nothing wrong with the kid.
    In your case there is one tiny problem. He's stated emphatically that he doesn't want to play for the Raiders. I'm not sure it's too bright an idea to draft someone who doesn't want to play for you, but the word "bright" doesn't exactly come to mind when talking about the Raiders.

Leave a comment:

• DevilSpawn
    replied
    Originally posted by HORSEPOWER 56
    All this means to me is that his bust factor just tripled. Everyone already knew he was the best WR in the class, but now this is one more thing that could cause folks to shake their heads when he doesn't turn out to be the best thing in the NFL.

I'm in no way saying he's going to bust, but if something seems to good to be true, it usually is.
    Bust? No. But if they compare a player to the TWO best players at that position minus their weaknesses, then they are setting his fans up for a letdown. It means Johnson has to have 1500+ yards and double digit TDs every year until he retires, and then 3 years after that in flag football. Anything less and they'll say he didn't live up to the hype that THEY created.

The NBA had some like that. Remeber Harold Miner, aka Baby Jordan. That's right, and he stayed playing like Jordan as a baby instead of Jordan the NBA legend. It's a borderline curse. Hindsight is for later though. For now, he's tall, fast, has hands and lacks baggage. Other than the hype, I see nothing wrong with the kid.

Leave a comment:

• HORSEPOWER 56
    replied
    All this means to me is that his bust factor just tripled. Everyone already knew he was the best WR in the class, but now this is one more thing that could cause folks to shake their heads when he doesn't turn out to be the best thing in the NFL.

I'm in no way saying he's going to bust, but if something seems to good to be true, it usually is.

Leave a comment:

• stnzed
    replied
    Originally posted by tommy1986
    I think Johnson just might be the best receiver prospect EVER. Randy Moss without the baggage.

Scouts Inc. actually called Johnson "Randy Moss and terrell Owens without the baggage".

That would have to qualify as the "Best receiver prospect ever", or at least very close.

(but then any WR without the Princess attitude is considered a freak)

Leave a comment:

• Inkana7
    replied
    Originally posted by Lorcust
    Don't forget.

Who fired Shanahan?
    Great point! That firing may have set about the greatest revenge story in the history of pro sports.

Leave a comment:

• Lorcust
    replied
    Originally posted by Dean
    Well DevilSpawn, when you are right you are right. However, in this millenium, the Faiders have managed to compile a record of 36 wins and sixty- count them- sixty loses. That is a winning percentage of below 38% and the trend is not looking good for the silver and black (five wins, then 4, then 2). There are no guarantees but DAM* those are good betting odds!

Oakland has been building for the future for decades. When they finally re-assembled something of quality, Big Al made the situation so uncomfortable that Gruden left. I hope that you don't take this as an attack on the crypt keeper. He has done as much to help the fortunes of the Denver Broncos of any man not in the organization. I come not to bury Al but to praise him. . . kind of.
    Don't forget.

Who fired Shanahan?

Leave a comment:

• DevilSpawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Dean
    Well DevilSpawn, when you are right you are right. However, in this millenium, the Faiders have managed to compile a record of 36 wins and sixty- count them- sixty loses. That is a winning percentage of below 38% and the trend is not looking good for the silver and black (five wins, then 4, then 2). There are no guarantees but DAM* those are good betting odds!

Oakland has been building for the future for decades. When they finally re-assembled something of quality, Big Al made the situation so uncomfortable that Gruden left. I hope that you don't take this as an attack on the crypt keeper. He has done as much to help the fortunes of the Denver Broncos of any man not in the organization. I come not to bury Al but to praise him. . . kind of.
    Oh shut up.

Gruden was a dumb move. When it first happened, there were rumors he was going to Tampa anyway (2001 was his last year of the contract) so Al saw fit to get some value for him instead of trying to keep him.

Al Davis is obsessed with speed like junkies are. I don't mean he loves speed. I mean he is obsessed with it. He gets the scratches when he sees a gifted guy with speed. Johnson as all the tools. But the good news for you guys is that Davis wants to keep Moss & Porter for Jamarcus Russell. He can't have both and then draft Johnson, that would virtually eliminate one of the three high paid players as well as leave much talented Curry out in the cold.

My wish: Trade Moss & our 2nd round pick to Detroit for their first and draft Russell & Johnson 1 & 2. But we won't know till draft day who he will take, which is why right now I'm am geting the scratches just anticipating it all.

Leave a comment:

• champbronc2
    replied
    That was my only doubt.

He is officially an amazing WR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• tommy1986
    replied
    I think Johnson just might be the best receiver prospect EVER. Randy Moss without the baggage.

Leave a comment:

• Dean
    replied
    Originally posted by DevilSpawn
    Wow, commitment to excrement. Never saw that before. Care to bring anything new to the table?

Johnson or Russell, there will be improvements. Fix this, fix that, replace this guy with that guy. Build for the future. Reminds me of, oh just about every other team. If we weren't so smart, the defense wouldn't be what it is, right? And all of your explanations on why Cutler is the "smarter" move won't pan out until he proves he can win, which he hasn't done yet. Same with us and Kiffin, but I like out chances with him vs. Shell.

Just hope we're not smart enough to take Calvin Johnson. It's an arms race and you're not guarenteed to win jsut because your team is a smart as you think they are.

Leave a comment:

• bengaaaaals1688
    replied
    Originally posted by Dream
    Of course, and Johnson is #1 on my big board of players in this draft, (and I can't wait to show you guys my big board in real time during the draft) but there's no way in my mind he'll run that. Even a 4.4 or around there would be huge, but 4.33? That's one of the fastest in combine history. I really doubt it, but we'll see.
    Chad Jackson ran a 4.28 last year if I remember correctly, so why are you so dead set against Johnson running a 4.32??

Leave a comment:

• skinny®
    replied
    Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
    Yeah he is... Ted Ginn runs like a 4.35
    Clowney is clocked at 4.32

Leave a comment:

Working...
X