Late round Gems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late round Gems

Today I was browsing the forums over at nfldraftcountdown and two late round RBs caught my eye. Danny Ware of Georgia and Chris Henry of Arizona. I was hoping to get more information on these two backs. Just hoping to focus on the second day, feel free to add other late round prospects to this thread.

Originally posted by ScottyB
    Today I was browsing the forums over at nfldraftcountdown and two late round RBs caught my eye. Danny Ware of Georgia and Chris Henry of Arizona. I was hoping to get more information on these two backs. Just hoping to focus on the second day, feel free to add other late round prospects to this thread.
    I'm also a big Chris Henry fan. Really, if you want the guy who knows the most about him, you should ask TopScribe or PM him, he is really one of the big afficianados of Arizona U football.

If you ask me, Chris Henry has a lot of upside, but he comes with a lot of questions. What sticks out most about him is his raw physical assets. His team nick named him "the mutant" because he's so big, and so fast. He runs a 4.4, and is listed being between 227 - 235 lbs (depending what site you visit). With that type of speed, and the ability to show real flashes of power, it makes him a very interesting prospect.

His downside unforunately requires a slightly longer breath. He has very little playing time, only getting one real year of starting time, and even in Arizona that was limited. He also seems to be entering the draft, at least to most people I've chatted with here, prematurely. He is leaving Arizona his junior year because he said, and I'm paraphrasing, that he wasn't getting enough playing time. While it is true, that it seems he didn't get as many touches as I think a prospect of his talent might garner, this does not speak well for his patience, and it could be an issue at the NFL level where there is no shortage of pre-madonnas. However when you hear Henry speak, he doesn't seem to be a bad character person. He doesn't stun you with his ability to orate, but he also doesn't seem dim witted either.

All and all his physical assets make him a very tempting possibility, and since he will most likely be a second day pick at best (unless he really stuns at the combine, which is possible given his speed and size) he is well worth the risk IMO. I hope to see Shanahan make a move for him, if Turner stays to continue to coach the RB's, I think we have the perfect enviornment for Henry to land and develop seeing as ex-teammate Mike Bell is here and would be a good person to help Henry settle here as a Bronco.
    Last edited by BigBroncLove; 02-20-2007, 10:43 PM.
    sigpic
    The only thing that can stop the ninja.
    Setting yourself on fire so they can't catch you!

Comment

Yamon Figurs WR/KR Kansas State

I really like his upside as a kick returner. He might also be able to fit in the offense in a limitted role. If I see Rod Smith run another reverse I just might lose it! :hammer:

Comment

DE Jacob Ford Central Arkansas 6'4 242
        WR Jacoby Jones Lane 6'3 200
        S Tra Battle Georgia 5'11 180
        WR Matt Trannon Michigan State 6'6 232
        S Brandon Harrison Stanford 6'2 215
        CB Alan Ball Illinois 6'1 182
        CB Eric Wright UNLV 5'11 190

Just a few that i'll be watching.

Comment

CB C.J. Wilson Baylor 6'1 196
          FS Dashon Goldson Washington 6'2 202