Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about Ahman Green from GB?

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=568494

He is a good back and I think he would be a good consistent back here. Of course, like usual, it is all speculation.
    "I don't think it's 'Tebow Time'; I just think it's 'Bronco Time"
    Tim Tebow

"Branion wouldn't say what Green is seeking, but after making $2 million in salary and $750,000 in incentives last year, the Packers' second-leading all-time rusher is seeking a major increase."

That part right there might turn our staff away from Green. I really don't think they like paying backs, and it would probably be even more so for an aging back.

Comment

Originally posted by jhns
      "Branion wouldn't say what Green is seeking, but after making $2 million in salary and $750,000 in incentives last year, the Packers' second-leading all-time rusher is seeking a major increase."

That part right there might turn our staff away from Green. I really don't think they like paying backs, and it would probably be even more so for an aging back.

That's a good point, if they didn't want to pay Mike Anderson, they shouldn't and probably won't pay Green.

Comment

Not to mention the Broncos are building a team for the future - Cutler, Scheffler, Marshall, Javon... These guys will be here a while. Green wont. I think we are looking for a long term solution not a quick fix that could break down in midseason.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FireAce
          http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=568494

He is a good back and I think he would be a good consistent back here. Of course, like usual, it is all speculation.
          Another on a long list of re-tread RB's....

Ahman Green is not going to end up in Denver; he wants to get paid and he fumbles...he is basically an older version of Tatum Bell.

I still think the Leaders in the Clubhouse for the Broncos as far as veteran RB's are concerned is Chris Brown and Fred Taylor.

Comment

Originally posted by MindField
            Another on a long list of re-tread RB's....

Ahman Green is not going to end up in Denver; he wants to get paid and he fumbles...he is basically an older version of Tatum Bell.

I still think the Leaders in the Clubhouse for the Broncos as far as veteran RB's are concerned is Chris Brown and Fred Taylor.
            Chris Brown isn't that much better than Bell in the fumble department. He is also far more injury prone than Bell.

Fred Taylor would be pretty expensive too, what makes you think he'd be cheap?
            sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
            Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

?

Originally posted by Lorcust
              Chris Brown isn't that much better than Bell in the fumble department. He is also far more injury prone than Bell.

Fred Taylor would be pretty expensive too, what makes you think he'd be cheap?
              I don't know; I could be completely wrong here....I just think that the Broncos may feel Taylor is a good fit in Denver, and they may be willing to pay him a contract that is as good as he can get in the FA market. He is older, so I can't really see a team going overboard in paying him, so the market may not be what he thinks it is, and untimately Denver may end up being the best fit for him.
              But, Taylor is a proven vet that may be willing to play for a little less in Denver, as he knows they are a team that can legitimately contend for a Super Bowl run, and he is well aware of what the system can do for a back.

So call it a hunch, but I would not at all be suprised in Taylor ends up in Denver.

But in either case, Brown and Taylor are strictly for the short run, meaning the 2007 season.

Let a Draft pick be the focus of the future, but a vet may bve the best answer for next year.

Comment

Green, Taylor, Lewis, etc. will all get nice contracts due to the new CBA. I'd expect those guys to at least make a couple million as a base salary next season, topping it with bonuses. I don't see either of those as a huge upgrade over Bell/Bell. Especially when you look at the costs. Pass. . .

Comment

Scratch the Casserly comment. . .

Comment

Working...
                  X