Ginn to Skip Drills At Combine, plus analysis of Houston trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ginn to Skip Drills At Combine, plus analysis of Houston trade

Not sure if this had been posted yet, let me know if it has, and I'll delete the thread (please provide a link to the other thread ).

Here's the story posted by Footballs Future. While not a greatly professional site, it's author does seem objective and knowledgable.

Ginn To Skip Drills At Combine

http://www.footballsfuture.com/news/...t-combine.html

Originally posted by Football's Future
    Ted Ginn Jr announced he will not workout at the combine since his sprained left foot is not fully healed.

"Right now, I'm just going to weigh in, get my height measured, and take care of things like that," Ginn said over the phone on Friday. "I tried to get ready for Indy, but it wasn't a good time for me. I just have to wait for the next time."

Ginn hopes his ankle will allow him to work out during Ohio State's Pro Day on March 10th.

------------------------------

Bronco's Bell, Plummer for Houston's First?

http://www.footballsfuture.com/news/...ons-first.html

Originally posted by Football's Future
    The Denver Post is floating a rumor which has the Broncos sending Jake Plummer, Tatum Bell, and draft picks to the Texans in exchange for Houston's first round pick (8th overall).

This sounds like pure speculation from the writer, but we felt we'd pass it along in case it has more substance. It also suggests that Bell is on the block and Plummer has certainly played his last down as a Broncos QB.

The Broncos are rumored to want Adrian Peterson and they'll need a trade like this to have any shot at him. Although, if Peterson is available at the 8th spot, the Texans would jump at the chance to grab him, which makes this trade scenario even less likely.
    sigpic
    The only thing that can stop the ninja.
    Setting yourself on fire so they can't catch you!

NFL | Ginn Jr. set to take part in Pro Day
    Thu, 22 Feb 2007 12:05:27 -0800

Ohio State WR Ted Ginn Jr. (foot) has his Pro Day scheduled for March 10.

Comment

Imo his stock will drop a lot if he skips.

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx
        Well.....he could get hurt again, thus dropping his stock further

He's just trying to let his Ankle get healthier since he injured it in the National Championship game

Comment

Well it sounds like he's doing everything, but running so it'll be up to his proday to get a 40 time for him.
          sigpic
          PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
          You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

Texans Trade

Well guys Tatum might be leaving soon to the texans. "Jake Plummer, Tatum Bell, and draft picks to the Texans in exchange for Houston's first round pick (8th overall).

This sounds like pure speculation from the writer, but we felt we'd pass it along in case it has more substance. It also suggests that Bell is on the block and Plummer has certainly played his last down as a Broncos QB.

The Broncos are rumored to want Adrian Peterson and they'll need a trade like this to have any shot at him. Although, if Peterson is available at the 8th spot, the Texans would jump at the chance to grab him, which makes this trade scenario even less likely." The thing is though if we do that trade it would be good for Mike bell so he could start but on the other hand we would receive Lynch who would probally start as a rookie so its good and bad for Mike bell. I hope we do the trade but lynch gets picked before the 8th pick so we can get someone else.
            BACK TO THE SUPERBOWL

Comment

these guys are stupid that do this. skipping the combine only hurts them. if they truly believed in their abilities and that they are the best candidates for their positions then why not try and stack them up against other competitors in front of all the scouts???

i was really impressed that quinn defyed his agent and went on and lifted anyway. you could see it on his face when he walked in to do a measly interview or something and the jarhead lifting coach was like "come on sunshine we gonna lift today" that he was licking his chops to get in the mix. that shows the competitive side.
              sigpic

Comment

he ran a 4.06 in the 40yrd dash last spring. THAT'S FAST!
                11/6/11 - The day the Oakland Raiders got raptured!

Comment

Top 10 players often skip the combine entirely. Sometimes they can only hurt themselves by focusing scout's attention on some tiny flaw that won't really affect them that much, such as a QB having a slow 40 time. I mean who cares? How many QBs ever run 40 yards in a play (other than Michael Vick)?

If the player has been scouted a lot and has played against top quality opponents and has performed in bowl games the way Ginn has, I doubt it affects him that much if at all.

On the other hand, players from some smaller school, or guys who haven't been scouted that heavily or who haven't really played against top quality opponents or been seen in bowl games, or players at positions (like OL) that don't have a lot of statistical measures need to participate.

Nobody needs to see another 40 time from Ted Ginn, they already know he'd be one of the fastest atletes in the NFL. The last time anyone saw him he was running for a TD on the opening kick of the championship game.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X