Impact Players vs. Combine players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alps2315
    If you look at the game that Cutler started, both of them, we should of won the first one but that was one of Cutler's first starts. We had a big lead going into the fourth quarter. In SD, we came back and almost won that game. If we can just fix our DL, then our LBs will be freed up to make more plays than they are now. They have to concentrate so much on stopping the run that it hinders them. Al has made a lot of big plays. Anytime we need something to get our defense kick started, what always happens? Al knocks someones head off. I know this was a couple years ago, but remember the Ricky Williams hit? Holy smokes, he still does that, he did it to Dillon, or Maroney (can't remember which), in the NE game. Same thing with Lynch. Look at how many running plays that he made the stop in the backfield or at the line of scrimmage. Yes we do make them sound better but that's bc we are true fans. But Denver doesn't have to bring its "A" game and hope that SD has its "C" game for us to win. Remember, we should of won both of the games against them this year and Cutler was just thrown into the fire at that time. He got a ton better as the season went on and if we would of played them later on, I think we would of beat them. Plus, SD folded in the playoffs.
    I suppose. One of the things that jumped out at me in the two SD games is that while watching it seemed like Denver had to work a lot harder to score and prevent scores than SD did. SD has the ability to "flip the switch" and just rely on their talent, kind of like a big college team when playing a cupcake. At some point in the game the better, talented team wakes up and lets its talent win the game. A 10-10 game quickly gets out of hand and your left to wonder, "how did that happen" and you get the false impression that your team is a lot closer than they really are.

Comment

Originally posted by bry422
      I suppose. One of the things that jumped out at me in the two SD games is that while watching it seemed like Denver had to work a lot harder to score and prevent scores than SD did. SD has the ability to "flip the switch" and just rely on their talent, kind of like a big college team when playing a cupcake. At some point in the game the better, talented team wakes up and lets its talent win the game. A 10-10 game quickly gets out of hand and your left to wonder, "how did that happen" and you get the false impression that your team is a lot closer than they really are.
      Then how would you explain them getting beat by New England at home in the playoffs? New England has no where near the talent that San Diego has and they beat them. If what you are saying is true, then San Diego's talent should of won the game for them. Talent doesn't win games. Its the heart of the players that does. You can have all of the talent in the world and the wrong attitude and approach to the game (e.g., T.O. and Randy Moss). San Diego's downfall was that they relied too much on talent and not on heart. That team didn't have heart in that game. That was one thing that changed with Indy this year. They weren't relying on their talent, they actually got physical and acted like they wanted to win (just like Manning does every game). Did you see his look at the Pro Bowl when the game was hanging in the balance? You could tell by his face that he wanted to win that game sooooo bad. That's what the difference is in games.

Comment

Originally posted by Alps2315
        Then how would you explain them getting beat by New England at home in the playoffs? New England has no where near the talent that San Diego has and they beat them. If what you are saying is true, then San Diego's talent should of won the game for them. Talent doesn't win games. Its the heart of the players that does. You can have all of the talent in the world and the wrong attitude and approach to the game (e.g., T.O. and Randy Moss). San Diego's downfall was that they relied too much on talent and not on heart. That team didn't have heart in that game. That was one thing that changed with Indy this year. They weren't relying on their talent, they actually got physical and acted like they wanted to win (just like Manning does every game). Did you see his look at the Pro Bowl when the game was hanging in the balance? You could tell by his face that he wanted to win that game sooooo bad. That's what the difference is in games.
        The best team doesn't always win, I realize that, but every coach on every level will tell you that the team with the better players wins much more often than not. If talent didn't matter, as you say, then why are USC and Texas always so darn good? They have the best players (the most talent). Why were Reggie Bush and Vince Young selected in the top 5 of the draft? It didn't have anything to do with the size of their heart. Heart is important. Al Wilson and others provide that, but heart only gets you so far.

Comment

Personally i thought marty was out coached. THE reason he was let go. IMO 2 little things win ball games.....Gameplan and execution. Yeah you have to have good players to win but, as us denver fans, we've seen what a diffrence coaching makes when shanny got here. You can have yer 1800yd r.b. yer 1000+yd t.e. etc. etc. and the best record in the NFL, that's not what wins championships. It all comes down to coaching. Gameplan=coach Execution=players

Comment

Working...
          X