No announcement yet.

Over at..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the correct rumor out of Houston..

As far as the draft, RB Adrian Peterson appears to be the favorite for the team's pick at No. 3 should they stay put. That being said, rumors are running rampant that the Houston Texans are interested in moving up the draft board for a shot at Peterson and could propose a trade to the Browns that would send starting QB David Carr and draft picks to Cleveland for the No. 3 position.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/s/con...bigconweb.html

Comment

Nice find. but now you will just start the threads of lets move up to 3 spot

Comment

I am not familiar with Big C of Dayton.....

I'll stay with rumormongorer Schefter........he has proven to be correct most of the time, as he quotes actual sources
        sigpic

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_1804775

Comment

Originally posted by redsandcowboy
          Wouldnt that free up some cap space?

NO more than a trade would.
          So you are saying if a player retires before his contract is up, it still counts against the cap?

Not trying to be smart, I just would like to know.......Thoughts anybody?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarJ
            So you are saying if a player retires before his contract is up, it still counts against the cap?

Unless I am totally confused, Yes. Not the whole contract but it counts the same as if we trade him.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarJ

Sorry Let me expand.

If a players retires all his prorated contract comes due just as if we trade or release him. It all plays out about the same. I may be wrong on the trade but it plays the same as if we release him for sure.

Comment

Yes, that makes sense.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TDMiller2
                  As far as the draft, RB Adrian Peterson appears to be the favorite for the team's pick at No. 3 should they stay put. That being said, rumors are running rampant that the Houston Texans are interested in moving up the draft board for a shot at Peterson and could propose a trade to the Browns that would send starting QB David Carr and draft picks to Cleveland for the No. 3 position.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/s/con...bigconweb.html
                  I highly doubt that would happen and I myself am totally against that idea. Carr is damaged goods.
                  The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

The value of this trade isn't in Denver using the #8 pick. It's in the bargining potential that pick gives us. I'm sure that Shanny knows that there will be no one we want at #8 that we couldn't get at a lower position. My guess is he makes this trade with the Texans and then trades back on draft day to aquire more 2nd and 3rd rounders. We'll still get what we want in the top 15 or so in the first round and have one or two extras in the 2nd and 3rd.

Benefit for the Broncos: move up into the top 15 in the 1st and get a couple of extras in later rounds.

Benefit for the Texans: get a transition qb that can actually avoid some sacks and a rb to compliment Dayne.

Overall I think that this strategy puts Denver on the plus side of such a deal.
                    "I reject your reality and substitute my own"
                    - Mythbusters

"Go America... Go Broncos"
                    - Stan, South Park

I cheer for three teams EVERY WEEK! The Broncos and whoever is playing the Raiders and the Patriots.
                    - Me

God Bless the United States of America!

Comment

Originally posted by Wigglesworth
                      Benefit for the Broncos: move up into the top 15 in the 1st and get a couple of extras in later rounds.
                      By all means, If we can get value for these unwanted (or unhappy) players, then lets get it.
                      sigpic

Comment

If Denver wants to trade up thats cool but Im not really that enamored with Marshawn Lynch. I think Denver might be better off targeting one of the RBs in next years class if they cant get Peterson this year. They can pick up someone in the 3rd round this year and continue with the platoon system but if they cant get Peterson they might as well hold off til next year and address other areas this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Wigglesworth
                          The value of this trade isn't in Denver using the #8 pick. It's in the bargining potential that pick gives us. I'm sure that Shanny knows that there will be no one we want at #8 that we couldn't get at a lower position. My guess is he makes this trade with the Texans and then trades back on draft day to aquire more 2nd and 3rd rounders. We'll still get what we want in the top 15 or so in the first round and have one or two extras in the 2nd and 3rd.

Benefit for the Texans: get a transition qb that can actually avoid some sacks and a rb to compliment Dayne.

Overall I think that this strategy puts Denver on the plus side of such a deal.
                          I have said in one other thread that I think that the most likey that if we do trade with Houston it will be involving their 2nd or 3rd round pick. and not with their 1st.

Who knows what are thinking is with Tatum now, but he may be off the trade block. we will have to see. But I like the Idead of their 2nd more than I do the 1st anyway. we loose les and gain more. We still might even move down with our 1st and have 3 2nd round picks or something. We never know this is all speculation on my part. I just remember last year when we were said to be trading with 49ers our 2 first rounders for their 4th overall. But we ended up trading one of our firsts for aditional picks. Who knows.

Comment

Working...
                          X