Justin Blalock and OL Needs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justin Blalock and OL Needs

This kid is a beast! He busted out 40 reps at the combine. Would we consider giving him a look? Of course probably not in the first but in the second possibly? Also, if we decide to draft a OL beyond the first round, who would you take? Whats goin' on with the talks about Kuper replacing Carlisle? If that happens, would Carlisle possibly switch to tackle or just be benced?

Welcome Travis!

Bailey Baby!

Originally posted by hellomrwilson56
    This kid is a beast! He busted out 40 reps at the combine. Would we consider giving him a look? Of course probably not in the first but in the second possibly? Also, if we decide to draft a OL beyond the first round, who would you take? Whats goin' on with the talks about Kuper replacing Carlisle? If that happens, would Carlisle possibly switch to tackle or just be benced?
    Carlisle is an UFA this year. If Kuper is given the go ahead to take his slot (I think we will have to wait for the mini-camps to begin before anything about who will be starting starts to come out) I doubt the Bronco organization would re-sign Carlisle to a hefty contract to see him as a backup. Personally I think he will be let go.....
    sigpic
    The only thing that can stop the ninja.
    Setting yourself on fire so they can't catch you!

Comment

yes, yes, yes and YES!!!! he would be our talent on the line for years to come....he will go 2nd round or high 3rd.
      sigpic

Comment

As far as my opinion of grabbing Blaylock, this seems to be a very deep draft for Gaurds.

However, truthfully, I think we are set at Gaurd besides loking for depth, no reason to target a first day pick for a position we already have some type of depth at.

If we need to address any position on the OL, it's Left Tackle IMO.

I'll pass........
        sigpic
        The only thing that can stop the ninja.
        Setting yourself on fire so they can't catch you!

Comment

I dont care if its Blaylock or whoever but Denvers interior blocking hasnt been what it once was. Still though, Id rather have Jake Long next year than Blaylock this year.

Comment

If we choose to take a guard early I would prefer Manny Ramirez from Texas Tech, the kid is a beast who could throw defensive ends or tackles around like rag dolls...or Doug Datish from Ohio St., though he is listed as a center - he would be better set at the guard position and he has attitude and natural ability that many could not overlook.

However, If we go guard in day two, then I would be happy with Kasey Studdard from Texas, Mike Jones from Iowa or even Dan Santucci from Notre Dame, any one of those three seem to be prototypical Denver lineman.

If we go tackle on day one then I think there is three beyond Joe Thomas that would do well quickly in Denver - Joe Staley from Central Michigan, Ryan Harris from Notre Dame, Doug Free from Northern Illinois or Chase Johnson from Wyoming, which all have the strength, quickness and mobility which fits in Denver, however I think Chase Johnson who may fall into the 4th Round is the best of all those mentioned and worth reaching for in the 3rd.

Now again if Denver decides to wait till the second day, then there are some great prospects at tackle - Mike Otto from Purdue who may climb into the 3rd Round, Allen Barbre from Missouri Southern St. is a second day gem in my opinion, Chris Denman from Fresno St., Dan Inman from Georgia and my sleeper tackle is Jeff Perrett from Tulsa who fits the Denver system better then most of those available.

Either way their is plenty of talent to fix our future needs and give depth to a line which needs it.

Comment

Nalen is getting up there in age and will have to retire in the next 1 or 2 seasons (not too many 38 year old centers out there, he'll be 36 in may) Lepsis is 33 and is trying to recover from a torn up leg, Foster was benched because of his play, and Meadows is 33 and just came out of retirement. Who knows about whats gonna happen to Carlisle.

Offensive line is something we ought to take care of in the draft or in free agency especially because of the fact that we have to protect Cutler.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoStampede
                Nalen is getting up there in age and will have to retire in the next 1 or 2 seasons (not too many 38 year old centers out there, he'll be 36 in may) Lepsis is 33 and is trying to recover from a torn up leg, Foster was benched because of his play, and Meadows is 33 and just came out of retirement. Who knows about whats gonna happen to Carlisle.

Offensive line is something we ought to take care of in the draft or in free agency especially because of the fact that we have to protect Cutler.
                Youre right but the fact that Denver looks for a little different type of linemen means the demand isnt as high on some of the guys who will be available to them later.

BTW,
                Joe Thomas ran a 4.98 40
                Tony Ugoh ran a 5.03
                Ryan Kalil ran a 4.96
                Last edited by lex; 02-24-2007, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X