Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adrian Peterson asked what team he wants to play for...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adrian Peterson asked what team he wants to play for...

In the latest issue of SI... Adrian Peterson is asked what team he would liek to play for:

"I wouldn;t mind the Texans. Being able to go back to my home state {he's from Palestine, Tx} and having my family there would be nice. Also, the RAIDERS. I rooted for them growing up. Obviosuly, Dallas would be on the list, but I am pretty sure they won't have a high enough pick to get me."

Argh... A Raider fan! Oh well, my beloved Yankee prospect (Phil Hughes) was raised as a Red Sox fan... I would still welcome AP. But, now I'm not willing to give up Bell, Pummer and 2 draft picks! I would rather trade Bell and Plummer for Texans 2nd rounder... and get 5 good picks on draft day!

I think Jake and Tatum for a second round pick sounds good too. I dont think eight is realistic right now. Also i doubt Peterson would be there. And its too high for Lynch.
    A Wise Man Once Told Me Dont Argue With Fools Cuz People From a Distance Cant Tell Who is Who

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09
      In the latest issue of SI... Adrian Peterson is asked what team he would liek to play for:

"I wouldn;t mind the Texans. Being able to go back to my home state {he's from Palestine, Tx} and having my family there would be nice. Also, the RAIDERS. I rooted for them growing up. Obviosuly, Dallas would be on the list, but I am pretty sure they won't have a high enough pick to get me."

Argh... A Raider fan! Oh well, my beloved Yankee prospect (Phil Hughes) was raised as a Red Sox fan... I would still welcome AP. But, now I'm not willing to give up Bell, Pummer and 2 draft picks! I would rather trade Bell and Plummer for Texans 2nd rounder... and get 5 good picks on draft day!
      Personally, I could care less which team he rooted for as a youngster.

Jay Cutler could come out today and say he was a die hard Chiefs fan growing up and it wouldnt change my perception of him.

It's being a little picky if that's your only knock on the guy.

That's like saying "well I'm a Nike kind of guy, but he likes reebok so I dont like him quite as much as before"..
      sigpic

Comment

nope, forget it, he's a raider fan. i dont want him anymore

My 2007 Adopt a Broncos are Brandon Marshall and Erica Weston

Comment

Originally posted by TheFuture6
          nope, forget it, he's a raider fan. i dont want him anymore
          I bet you didn't know Mike Shanahan worked for the Raiders.

Comment

marshawn lynch was a raider fan as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob333
              marshawn lynch was a raider fan as well.
              Yes he is. He grew up near Oakland and has been quoted as saying he blleds black and silver. Personally who players rooted for when they were younger or even today has very little to do with their performance on teams that rival their "favorite" team.

D.J. Williams is a big Raider fan according to what some people have told me on the boards. So long as the player has a drive to compete and win, I think who they rooted for or root for has little bearing on how they will perform for whatever team they land on.
              sigpic
              The only thing that can stop the ninja.
              Setting yourself on fire so they can't catch you!

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx
                ill bet i did... i bet you never heard of sarcasm...

Comment

Originally posted by TheFuture6
                  ill bet i did... i bet you never heard of sarcasm...
                  I actually have.

I win.

Comment

I actually have.

I win.
                    lol, CP's for that. smartazz....

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09
                      Argh... A Raider fan!
                      Originally posted by Thefuture6
                      nope, forget it, he's a raider fan. i dont want him anymore.

Originally posted by BigBroncLove
                      D.J. Williams is a big Raider fan according to what some people have told me on the boards. So long as the player has a drive to compete and win, I think who they rooted for or root for has little bearing on how they will perform for whatever team they land on.
                      Bingo!

Comment

DJ Williams loved the Raiders too.

Comment

I love the Raiders 32nd best in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBroncLove
                            Yes he is. He grew up near Oakland and has been quoted as saying he blleds black and silver. Personally who players rooted for when they were younger or even today has very little to do with their performance on teams that rival their "favorite" team.

Its all about who is signing their checks and getting their ducketts. I really doubt they think, IM not going to play as hard today because I REALLY, REALLY like the Raiders.
                            sigpic

Comment

Hahaha, I have his 89 Pro Set card as him as the head coach. I bet it's a rare error card, Mike in the Silver and Black....say it's not so....err....(sarcasm)!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X