Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are so many enamored with Kenny Irons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are so many enamored with Kenny Irons?

Am I missing something? Why is he better than Kenneth Darby or Tony Hunt?

Originally posted by lex
    Am I missing something? Why is he better than Kenneth Darby or Tony Hunt?
    Because he has a good mix of speed and quickness, he is not a burner though. He runs with authority for his size and is the most natural north and south runner in the draft, he cuts well and has drawn comparisons to both Davis and Portis, which being they were Denver's two best most recent backs, then you have to see the fit.

Comment

So how is he better than, say, Darby or Darius Walker...or even Antonio Pittman? Dont you think Round 1 is a little high for him?

Comment

Originally posted by lex
        So how is he better than, say, Darby or Darius Walker...or even Antonio Pittman? Dont you think Round 1 is a little high for him?
        Not really because before Peterson or Lynch declared he would have been the favorite to be the top halfback in the draft. He had an off year his senior season and got injured...just like Bush and others, he fell due to that and the junior class entries into the draft. He is a better pure runner then Darby, he cuts way better then Darby, Darby can catch better then Irons but neither is great in the blocking area. All in all Irons is better fit, better bulked though not as heavy and he is quicker and faster with better vision and has much better grasp for the next level.

Pittman is a better all around halfback, much like Lynch...however he is not as quick as Irons, but Pittman could easily upsurp Irons, if he proves he is fit and a better cut back runner, quicker and can power, though Pittman is bigger I believe Irons lowers his shoulders and powers himself better then Pittman at this point. Now things can change, it is possible that Irons falls behind Hunt, Pittman and Jackson even, but I still feel he has the ability to be a good feature back, likely in New York rather then Denver if we do not take him in the first round.

Comment

Florida is my college team so I watch my share of SEC games and Im just not that enamored with Irons considering value and such. Maybe youre right though.

Comment

Originally posted by lex
            Florida is my college team so I watch my share of SEC games and Im just not that enamored with Irons considering value and such. Maybe youre right though.
            Well I am starting to fall away from Irons in all truths, I will not be dissapointed if we draft him, but I really would prefer Marshawn Lynch, and though Pittman is a more all around back, I am starting to linger towards Brandon Jackson from Nebraska in the 2nd Round if we can not move on Lynch. I think it is real possible that Irons falls farther then I even believed, but I think Irons could turn into a feature back at the next level, as could any in my top ten. Two backs I am really starting to like on the second day is Thomas Clayton from Kansas St. and Selvin Young from Texas, but right now after Lynch and Jackson I am open with any off my top ten.

Comment

Irons is all the r.b. you need if ya put a good O-line in front of him (Auburn) When he was South Carolina before he transferred he was 3rd on the depth chart behind Demetruis Summers and Daccus Thurman.(Gamecock fan in South Carolina) Honestly because he was the 3rd best back on the team.His light weight really hurt. Fair to Kenny, alot of that had to with the O-line. Which brings me back to my original point. He's all the back you need if you got a good o-line. Trust me, Holtz would'nt had let him transfer if he knew he would blossom into the r.b. he was at Auburn.

Comment

If any of these guys are in the 4th or 5th round.... they will work just fine... hey Irons will probally be there.... well ok thats a bit of a streatch he'll be in the second or 3rd round atleast..
                I hate the Defenseless Receiver rule and the fines. Posted since '07. 2011 rule addition :nono: backhand a fool!

Comment

Originally posted by marcus_miller
                  If any of these guys are in the 4th or 5th round.... they will work just fine... hey Irons will probally be there.... well ok thats a bit of a streatch he'll be in the second or 3rd round atleast..
                  I know you do not believe halfback is important, but I highly doubt Shanahan feels as you do, there is inside sources stating Denver likes Peterson, they were all over Irons at the Senior Bowl, so I think halfback will be a major priority, no matter what you believe as a fan. I heard the same argument with Plummer, Lelie and many others, so far all the choices made to get better at their positions has paid off.

Irons will not fall out of day one, he will likely be gone in round two by the time we pick, I do not expect him to be there past the fifteenth pick in the second round. Jackson who many will look at after other all around backs like Pittman, Lynch and Peterson are gone would be the natural choice in that direction and I believe it is logical to get better then decide we are good enough in an area that was highly weak to past seasons. Oakland has been okay in some facets of the run game, Cleveland has Droughns and are looking to improve, so the Market is there and I believe you will be upset come the draft when Shanahan takes a high halfback.

Comment

Working...
                  X