Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RB's that i will have my eye on today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RB's that i will have my eye on today...

besides the obvious top 5 like AP, lynch, irons, hunt, bush i will watch them but i have a few others that i am very anxious to see and they are:

antionio pittman
    darius walker
    alonzo coleman
    jon cornish (my dark horse out of the group)

Chris Henry, Danny Ware, and Brandon Jackson just to name a few

Comment

the more research i do on alonzo coleman the more anxious i am to see him today

Comment

Just once, just once. Please let's not look for the diamond in the rough, even though we've had success, and let's do what it takes to get a top notch guy.

Comment

Originally posted by ballen
          Just once, just once. Please let's not look for the diamond in the rough, even though we've had success, and let's do what it takes to get a top notch guy.
          i dont think we will take a rb with our first selection, we have more pressing needs, and getting guys like pittman or irons or walker int he 3rd round or so is not getting a diamond in the ruff, they are all proven division 1 talents, coleman and cornish are diamonds in the ruff, especially cornish, but depending on how coleman does today i believe he stacks up well with the others

Comment

Originally posted by halfback
            i dont think we will take a rb with our first selection, we have more pressing needs, and getting guys like pittman or irons or walker int he 3rd round or so is not getting a diamond in the ruff, they are all proven division 1 talents, coleman and cornish are diamonds in the ruff, especially cornish, but depending on how coleman does today i believe he stacks up well with the others
            There's nothing more pressing than getting the the RB that's going to make the "bread and butter" go. The Broncos are an offensive team focused on the running game. Shanahan wants to get the offense back into the top five. People keep wanting to believe that defense is the priority, but that simply doesn't hold water. The defense wasn't terrible and Shanahan seems to think that coaching was the biggest issue and he's corrected that issue. While it's possible that he could pick a defensive player in the first round, don't hold your breath on it. RB is far more important than any defensive need we might have. If the rumors about Shanahan trying to move up in the first are true, it's very unlikely that it's because he's targeting a defensive player.
            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
            You Mad Bro?
            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

I think Denver should do what it takes to get Peterson provided its not something crazy like NO giving up all their draft picks. I agree that if Denver had a more formiddable running game, their defense wouldnt look as bad. The inconsistent offense put the defensive line on the field more than it should have been and their lack of pressure, in turn, made the DBs look worse bad. Plus I wasnt a big fan of Coyers all or nothing blitzes.

In any case, Im intersted in seeing what Darby and Ware run.

Comment

The guys who impressed me most were the big body backs that ran well. Everyone knows about the big names, but DeShawn Wynn and Chris Henry really showed something today. They both climbed up my draft board. DeShawn Wynn, a Florida connection, to the Broncos in the 3rd would not be a bad pick if he can stay healthy.

Comment

I agree A FB/HB who can grind out the game by pounding for 2 yards and a first or touchdown... Got to be a snot-bubbler... can easily be found in the 3rd
                  I hate the Defenseless Receiver rule and the fines. Posted since '07. 2011 rule addition :nono: backhand a fool!

Comment

Originally posted by marcus_miller
                    I agree A FB/HB who can grind out the game by pounding for 2 yards and a first or touchdown... Got to be a snot-bubbler... can easily be found in the 3rd
                    It's Tony Hunt

Comment

i live in PA and have watch many Penn State games.... He could very well be... but i am skeptical about RB who have a great standout Top Ten pick lineman like Levi Brown... Can they do it with out a standout LT/RT/C... did you see what happen when the seahawks lost Hutchinson to the vickings... I feel that is magnified at the college level
                      I hate the Defenseless Receiver rule and the fines. Posted since '07. 2011 rule addition :nono: backhand a fool!

Comment

no

we need a rookie to be a back up not starter so lets not use our first round pick for a rb
                        BACK TO THE SUPERBOWL

Comment

Originally posted by MikeBellNumba20
                          we need a rookie to be a back up not starter so lets not use our first round pick for a rb
                          Why so we have two backups and no starters?

Mike Bell is promising, but he has a long ways to go before he is a feature back and personally I do not want to pinpoint my hopes on a backup undrafted free agent.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeBellNumba20
                            You mean that Lynch or Peterson or even Irons would be a back-up if he was drafted by the Broncos in the 1st? Whoever wins the job would be the starter, and i as well as many here would be so bold as to speculate that if Lynch came to camp it would not suprise us in the least that he won the job outright. I mean if a undrafted rookie could do it last year, why not someone who was drafted in the 1st or 2nd, that has full-time potential and no injury concerns. (this point alone leads to many of the issues that i have with Tatum, didnt win out the job last year was where his problems started)

Comment

Originally posted by lancane
                              Why so we have two backups and no starters?

Mike Bell is promising, but he has a long ways to go before he is a feature back and personally I do not want to pinpoint my hopes on a backup undrafted free agent.
                              Lancane, could i get your RB draft positions as of today 1-10 ? (if you have 10)
                              I would also like to get your Safety opinions if you are watching, this should make for a good day of evaluations. Unfortunately, i am at work, so i will need to go off of you guys till tonight when i watch the replay on NFL network

Comment

Working...
                              X