Calvin Johnson runs a 4.35

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calvin Johnson runs a 4.35

unbelievable!!! this guy is unreal!!! best WR to come out of the draft since Larry Fitzgerald, and before him, i dont even know....

My 2007 Adopt a Broncos are Brandon Marshall and Erica Weston

link please.

Comment

There probably isn't a link yet. I just watched him run a 4.35 on the NFL Network. Combine is on now.

Comment

Originally posted by D.J.55
        link please.
        that was his 1st time at the Combine this morning. ill keep searching for a link, cant find any that are real-time though...

My 2007 Adopt a Broncos are Brandon Marshall and Erica Weston

Comment

They're showing it at the combine on NFL Network.

He's been reported running in the low 4.3 times consistently.

2007 NFL Draft

Johnson was SI.com's Midseason NFL Draft Projection #1 pick.[8] SI later projected Calvin to be the #4 overall pick in the draft,[citation needed] though Johnson had stated that he intended to earn his degree from Georgia Tech.[1] On January 8, 2007, Calvin Johnson declared himself eligible for the NFL draft, bypassing his senior season at Georgia Tech.[2][3] He is regarded as the best player in the draft; for example, he is the #1 player on ESPN's Mel Kiper, Jr.'s "big board."[9]

In a recent workout with speed and conditioning coach Tom Shaw, Johnson clocked a remarkable 4.33 second 40-yard dash, recorded an 11-foot standing broad jump, and had a vertical leap of 43 inches.[10]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calvin_Johnson_(football)

Comment

Originally posted by ballen
            There probably isn't a link yet. I just watched him run a 4.35 on the NFL Network. Combine is on now.
            oh ok. i wish i had nfl network .

Comment

I'll dust off his HOF plaque now.
              sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
              Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

Robert Meachem ran a 4.36

Comment

Yamon Figurs noise

I am trying to make as much noise as possible on this dude(since nobody is responding to my post). He ran a 4.30. He will be great as a kick and punt returner.

Comment

I have a really strange feeling that Kiffin, who was familiar with Pac-10 QBs, will stay with Walter, sign a veteran, PERHAPS trade Moss and get Johnson. Walter was a first round prospect before he injured his shoulder, so I think Kiffin would take another chance on him and give him a better system/players to work with.

I know Al Davis is obsessed with speed, and this is a can't miss prospect juggernaut who would be perfect to rebuild the offense. Trading Moss for picks would probably help the line and the locker room. Keeping Moss & drafting Johnson would be a problem as three #1 receivers would be on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by ballen
                      I am trying to make as much noise as possible on this dude(since nobody is responding to my post). He ran a 4.30. He will be great as a kick and punt returner.
                      i have watched him play before and i liked what i saw. he has really soft hands. let me know how he does in the catch drills. the only thing i have against him is his playing weight 174 is no big enough, but im sure he can add weight.

(im talking bout yamon figures not calvin johnson)
                      Last edited by D.J.55; 02-25-2007, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Will be interesting to see how he does on his second run .

Comment

I doubt if Calvin Johnson runs again. He wasn't even supposed to run today at all. He had to borrow some other guys shoes to run the first one......by the way this dude needs a nickname!

Comment

Originally posted by D.J.55
                            i have watched him play before and i liked what i saw. he has really soft hands. let me know how he does in the catch drills. the only thing i have against him is his playing weight 174 is no big enough, but im sure he can add weight.
                            174!? He weighed in at 239.

Comment

freak or beast sound good?

Comment

Working...
                              X