Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CarolinaPanther
    174!? He weighed in at 239.
    that was for yamon figures not calvin johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by D.J.55
      that was for yamon figures not calvin johnson.
      No those were for Calvin Johnson, have you seen Johnson? He is ripped and not 174.

Heaviest: Calvin Johnson, Georgia Tech, 239 pounds
      Lightest: Yamon Figurs, Kansas State, 174 pounds
      Last edited by CarolinaPanther; 02-25-2007, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn
        I have a really strange feeling that Kiffin, who was familiar with Pac-10 QBs, will stay with Walter, sign a veteran, PERHAPS trade Moss and get Johnson. Walter was a first round prospect before he injured his shoulder, so I think Kiffin would take another chance on him and give him a better system/players to work with.

I know Al Davis is obsessed with speed, and this is a can't miss prospect juggernaut who would be perfect to rebuild the offense. Trading Moss for picks would probably help the line and the locker room. Keeping Moss & drafting Johnson would be a problem as three #1 receivers would be on the team.
        I wouldn't be surprised to see that happen. There's something I don't like about Jamarcus Russell. He can flick the freakin ball 65+ with ease but he almost looks like he could have weight and motivation issues.

To me CJ is just one of those talents you don't let pass.

Comment

Originally posted by CarolinaPanther
          No those were for Calvin Johnson, have you seen Johnson? He is ripped and not 174.
          i know calvin johnson is 6'5 239. i was talking bout yamon figures when i said his weight was 174. go back and look at the post before mine about yamon.

Comment

Russell reminds me of Culpepper.
            11/6/11 - The day the Oakland Raiders got raptured!

Comment

Allright, I am sorry for changing the subject. LOL

Comment

I have a really strange feeling that Kiffin, who was familiar with Pac-10 QBs, will stay with Walter, sign a veteran, PERHAPS trade Moss and get Johnson. Walter was a first round prospect before he injured his shoulder, so I think Kiffin would take another chance on him and give him a better system/players to work with.

I know Al Davis is obsessed with speed, and this is a can't miss prospect juggernaut who would be perfect to rebuild the offense. Trading Moss for picks would probably help the line and the locker room. Keeping Moss & drafting Johnson would be a problem as three #1 receivers would be on the team.
                DS, I have thought about this quite a bit myself. Everyone and their pet dogs have the raiders picking qb, but lately I have thought that if Kiffin re-evaluates Walters and likes what he sees that he would address other team needs first. I fully expect Moss to be gone so it would not surprise me the least bit to see CJ taken with the first overall pick. Of course I have also given serious consideration to you guys taking Thomas (the tackle from wisconsin), but maybe the last big ten tackle that you guys took high in the draft left a bad taste in your respective mouths (Gallery). Still, should be interesting to see what you do with pick #1.

Comment

Originally posted by DBfan187
                  Russell reminds me of Culpepper.
                  i dont know about anyone else, but have you noticed in watching film of Russell, how long he stares down his WR's and how late he makes his throws??? he has all the tools to be great, but he is not going to get away with that in the pros. if the Raiders take him #1, expect him to get sacked a record number of times

My 2007 Adopt a Broncos are Brandon Marshall and Erica Weston

Comment

kiffin?? you actually think that yes-man is gonna have more than the most nominal input regarding al davis' draft?

god, i hope you don't actually draft johnson. . . . .
                    Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Originally posted by dogfish
                      kiffin?? you actually think that yes-man is gonna have more than the most nominal input regarding al davis' draft?

And who exactly is going to THROW to him? Tui-ass-a-hoo-hoo?

Aaron "I'm running for my life now" Brooks?

The Raiders need a QB BAD! A LOT more than they need another WR now that Joey Porter is going to play nice with the new coach and they still have Randy Moss (if he can ever be convinced to pull his head out of his ass).

Randy's Moss's full-time position.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dogfish

Here's how I think Kiffin's interview went with Al Davis (after proper introductions of course)...

Al: I want to go vawticle
                        Kiffin: Ah, ok

Al: Can you go vawticle?
                        Kiffin: Um, what?

Al: (intensely)Can you make my passing game go vawticle?
                        Kiffin: (just gets what he's saying)Oh, yeah yeah yeah, I am a big believer in getting the ball down the field

Al then proceeds to put Kiffin in a room with only a case of bottled water and a film projector playing Raider highlights from the 60's and 70's, along with the words, ggggoooooo vvvaaaawwwtttttiiiiicccccccccllllllleee playing in the background-kind of creepy like.

After many many hours of watching this over and over, out staggers Kiffin.

Al then gets someone to comb his hair and they rush him over for his press conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel

The Raiders need a QB BAD! A LOT more than they need another WR now that Joey Porter is going to play nice with the new coach and they still have Randy Moss (if he can ever be convinced to pull his head out of his ass).

In addition, some of their younger talent stepped up their game, like... Ronald Curry? I think.

Either way, whoever the QB is, they'll need some people to protect him.

They have... nobody to protect their franchise QB, so getting a QB or WR won't do much for them, IMO. It'll be a necessary step, but that draft pick will struggle.
                          sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
                          Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel

Actually both of those quarterbacks are gone.

Brooks was just let go and Marques Tuiasosopo is a free agent.

Comment

Originally posted by ballen
                              I doubt if Calvin Johnson runs again. He wasn't even supposed to run today at all. He had to borrow some other guys shoes to run the first one......by the way this dude needs a nickname!

Probably CJ
                              Darrent Williams #27 R.I.P

Comment

I dont know if this is posted but he ran in another platers shoes and participated in the 40 at the last minute

Comment

Working...
                                X