Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Henry, Arizona runs 4.33 at 230 pounds! (merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lex
    OK, Henry's college stats suck.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/aal/stats

He only had 165 carries so its not like defenses should have been loading up to stop him, yet he still only averaged 3.5 ypc.
    There are reasons. It's always a good idea to get all the facts.

You can start here: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=83378

-----

Comment

Originally posted by NickTranOwnz
      I was wondering, what did Nasti Nate Ilaoa run?

This season at Hawaii he was a fast 254-pound bunker-busting bowling ball. It takes NO LESS than 4 guys to bring him down, often times it would take both safeties, all the linebackers, and maybe a corner. Once he builds momentum and gets to full speed, he's nearly unstoppable. He also runs very smoothly and I've noticed he runs kind of like LT.

He has lost some weight, and I'm wondering what he runs.

He's also an RB, not a FB.

I think he ran a 4.65 40.

Here's a link to a site that has 40 times and stuff for the upcoming players in the draft.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...Name&order=ASC

Always remember to blow out the flame before drinking!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lex
        OK, Henry's college stats suck.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/aal/stats

He only had 165 carries so its not like defenses should have been loading up to stop him, yet he still only averaged 3.5 ypc. We might as well draft the NCAA 100 m. dash champion.
        I am by no means saying that he will mature as a pro anywhere near the level of TD but Davis's college stats were rather weak as well. TD was also not a starter. Did you know that? College stats are no better than combine stats. Now, if you can actually look at video of him playing then that is a completely different matter. You can see whether he has vision, power, game speed, etc. College stats are a product of the blockers, the pass/run balance, and how well the scheme and talent mesh.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean
          I am by no means saying that he will mature as a pro anywhere near the level of TD but Davis's college stats were rather weak as well. TD was also not a starter. Did you know that? College stats are no better than combine stats. Now, if you can actually look at video of him playing then that is a completely different matter. You can see whether he has vision, power, game speed, etc. College stats are a product of the blockers, the pass/run balance, and how well the scheme and talent mesh.
          I think some people are just going to draw their conclusions, and it makes no
          difference from that point on what you say to them. These are people who draw
          assumptions based on a few outside factors and feel no need to investigate the
          matter. I'm just glad they don't work for the team I'm rooting for.

-----

Comment

Im tired of taking late round running backs just because it worked with Terrell. If youre running game is a strength, why not try to make it even better by someone more proven? It seems like Denver has a lot of guys who are projects. If he is around later, yeah maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by lex
              Im tired of taking late round running backs just because it worked with Terrell. If youre running game is a strength, why not try to make it even better by someone more proven? It seems like Denver has a lot of guys who are projects. If he is around later, yeah maybe.
              Tatum Bell was a second round pick. Did he make our running game even better? Until they play with and against NFL players, none of them are proven. Some just come with more hype than others.

Comment

Tatum Bell was a second round pick. Did he make our running game even better? Until they play with and against NFL players, none of them are proven. Some just come with more hype than others.
                Tatum Bell was ok but I know what you mean.

Comment

Ex-Cat Henry Outdoes Big Names for Scouts . .

By JOHN MOREDICH
                  Tucson Citizen

Former University of Arizona tailback Chris Henry does not have many rushing
                  yards to show the pro scouts, but his marks at the NFL combine Sunday had to
                  wow some of them.

Henry recorded the best marks in the 40-yard dash and the standing broad jump
                  among running backs in Indianapolis. He was second in the 60-yard shuttle, third
                  in the 20-yard shuttle, fifth in the 3-cone drill and eighth in vertical jump.

Henry's marks were consistently better than those of Oklahoma's Adrian Peterson
                  and California's Marshawn Lynch, players touted as early first-round picks.

The Wildcats junior, who left school after just one year of starting experience,
                  recorded an official time of 4.40 in the 40-yard dash, according to NFL.com.

Henry, who led the Wildcats with 581 rushing yards in 2006, also led the running
                  back group in the standing broad jump with a leap of 10 feet, 7 inches.

The 6-foot, 225-pound back had an 11.51-second time in the 60-yard shuttle, a
                  4.14 time in the 20-yard shuttle, 6.96 in the 3-cone and a 36-inch vertical jump. All
                  the figures are according to NFL.com, which gets the results directly from the NFL
                  network.

UA's Michael Johnson (safety), Syndric Steptoe (WR) and Nick Folk (kicker) also
                  attended the combine.

http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/daily/college/43081.php

-----

Comment

Working...
                  X