Garcia to Broncos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garcia to Broncos?

I do not see a thread about this but earlier today I saw ESPN's Clayton report that the eagles will be letting Garcia go and the Broncos were going to pursue him as a free agent.

Personally I hate the idea of wasting our limited cap space on Garcia to be our back up. We have much bigger needs at the moment to address in free agency. i.e. DT, DE, TE, RB, CB etc. I would rather us spend money on those positions of need before aquiring Garcia
    sigpic

i agree with you 110%

Comment

As I said earlier, Garcia is creepy and I don't want him within 100 miles of me

Something about his eyes... he's just a creepy creepy man.

RIP D-Will and Nash

Comment

No matter what a decent back-up, especially a veteran is going to cost money. What do you suggest the Broncos do? Maybe they should pick up Kordell Stewart or Jeff George. Personally I'd rather have a good veteran backup that can step in and win if Cutler goes down. I do agree that there are bigger needs and the limited cap space is going to screw us a little but that doesn't mean that we can just settle for leftovers at the QB position.
        Rebuilding sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by evendelae

Yet for some reason he has an extremely hot girlfriend.

R.I.P. Darrent & Damien

Comment

I heard this earlier while listening to ESPN Radio. I really hope we don't blow what little money we do have on him.

Comment

Originally posted by BleedforBroncos
              Beard...

RIP D-Will and Nash

Comment

I realize keeping all of our eggs in one basket with Cutler is probably not the best idea but i just dont like Garcia and even if I did I would rather spend our money on another position besides a backup to Cutler...Garcia will be an expensive backup and we can find a servicable backup for cheaper(hopefully)
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah what her name???
                  SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by evendelae

Oh yeah, he get's a serious thumbs down from the GPA!
                    President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
                    I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

I think Garcia will want to get paid because he is 37 and so he will go to the highest bidder which wont be us due to our limited cap space and multiple positions of need. An expensive 37 year old QB is the last thing we need at this point.
                      Last edited by BroncoStampede; 02-26-2007, 04:34 AM.

Comment

Cos guys who want to hide the fact that they're gay NEVER have girlfriends(or wives)!

Wait a second, yes they do!
                        President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
                        I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

Plummer is going to be gone so Denver needs a back up quarterback. That to me means it is a pressing need. There isn't a large pool of capable back up quarterbacks out there. Getting Garcia would give us a capable back up that has ample experience in a West Coast style offense. That being said, I just don't know if we can land him.
                          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos Rex
                            I do not see a thread about this but earlier today I saw ESPN's Clayton report that the eagles will be letting Garcia go and the Broncos were going to pursue him as a free agent.

Personally I hate the idea of wasting our limited cap space on Garcia to be our back up. We have much bigger needs at the moment to address in free agency. i.e. DT, DE, TE, RB, CB etc. I would rather us spend money on those positions of need before aquiring Garcia
                            I think this information was put out there on purpose by the Broncos to generate more interest in Plummer. I do not think the Broncos are interested in Garcia, but by saying that they are, it generates more interest in Plummer.
                            That is the only thing i can see from this, we would be the LAST team to offer Garcia all that money with a QB (plummer) that already stands to make a crap load of money (6mil) next year! I think this is some Shanny idea for getting Plummer out of town faster, i just cant figure out what hes doing. He may have a deal in place to send Plummer to a perspective team like the Texans, as long as it is for the same compensation as what ever team gets Garcia for.

Comment

Jeff Garcia has turned Shanahan down twice now for the same reason. He sees himself as a starter and wants another chance to start somewhere in the NFL. Yet if he comes here he might not play a down if Cutler stays healthy.

He can't be excited about that.

Who knows if any team sees him as a starter, but last year he played extremely well, with 10 TDs and only 2 Ints and a 95.8 passer rating for the Eagles. He's better than a lot of starters in this league including Jon Kitna, Brad Johnson, Charlie Frye, or Joey Harrington. Be honest! Wouldn't you rather have Garcia than those guys?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X