Dan Graham "coming home"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Graham "coming home"?

With free agency coming up, there is going to be a lot of movement and a lot of posturing behind the scenes. Everyone knows that the combine is where college players can raise or lower their stock, but what most of you don't know is that Indy is also the place where NFL agents come to start whispering to NFL teams about their clients and vice-versa.

As one agent has said to me over the years, "If you don't have a deal done by the time you leave Indy, you are way behind."

*With that said, I'm hearing from my spies that Pats tight end Daniel Graham will be headed back "home" to Denver to play for the Broncos which will give the Broncos. The Boston papers might not have the info for you, but I do. Barring some ultra aggressive offer from a newbie to the Graham party, Graham will give the Broncos a solid pass catcher who is a very good run blocker which is hard to find in the NFL. They will also have Tony Scheffler who became a favorite of Jay Cutler's last year as a receiving tight end. If this rumored signing happens (and I'm hearing that it is going to happen), it will give the Broncos a very good two tight set to use for the next several years. Graham is from the area, played college ball at Colorado and has a family member who is currently ill who he wants to be near. Keep your eye on this one as I think it will happen.

http://blogs.chron.com/fantasyfootball/
    I'm seeing news of lots of combine-signings.

You probably know my take, so I'll spare you the ranting.

But, I will make myself a nice little crutch here, for future reference (if need be).

I WILL WAIT TO PASS FINAL JUDGEMENT.

IT IS SAID.

Surprised no one's pulled this one of that other board yet. Guess I'm too damn good.

There's no way he doesn't improve our offense by quite a bit, so I'm all for it. Besides, we need our Colorado boy since BVP left!

RIP D-Will and Nash

Comment

Oh my, I'd love to have Graham! I think he is spot on with the potential of the two TE set we could run with him and Schef!! But, at what price?
      *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
      *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
      *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria
        Oh my, I'd love to have Graham! I think he is spot on with the potential of the two TE set we could run with him and Schef!! But, at what price?
        If there's no one else worth having out there (which seems to be the case), then what does it matter?

RIP D-Will and Nash

Comment

yea i think this would be a great pick up for us.

Comment

i think we should get willis mcgahee. . . .

oh wait, wrong thread. . . . .

i'll also wait for actual confirmation-- these things can change quickly, ask the eagles about lecharles bentley. . . but there's no doubt at all that agents are working and collecting "unofficial" offers well before the start of free agency. . . this one is fairly believable for the simple fact that graham is a denver native, and it would make sense for him to want to play here. . . he's also a very good fit for our offense. . . he's one of about a dozen free agents i really want this year, so i hope it's true-- dude is a badass run blocker, and a major upgrade over alexander. . . .
            Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

It will be a good signing.

The D-line players are few and far between, as well as overpriced, so I think if we have to do one "big" signing, this one makes sense.

It's all relevant to the price though.

Comment

This will be good. It will open up roster spots for other positions other than having 5 TE.

Comment

Why is every free agent allegedly going to Denver?

Comment

Originally posted by lex
                    ...cause its a Bronco board

Comment

Originally posted by Pipes7
                      I realize that but thats not what Im talking about. Jeff Garcia to Denver?

Comment

Originally posted by Pipes7
                        Jon.........Basedow.......that's.......hilarious.. ........

Anyways, there are legit connections here, between Graham and Denver. They were reportedly interested in him last year as well.

Comment

Originally posted by lex
                          I realize that but thats not what Im talking about. Jeff Garcia to Denver?
                          We were apparantly very interested in Jeff last year too. He just wanted to be a starter somewhere.

Comment

Well, if it happens.....yippee :dance:

If not, back to the drawing board I guess.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lex
                              This just in......

Dwight Freeney has refused to sign his franchise tender and will become a free agent. Sources close to the situation report, "Dwight really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really wants to play for the Denver Broncos. And I mean really!"

/sarcasm off

:thumb:
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X