Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what's it going to be (1st round pick)....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I like Nelson, however I think he is not a versatile as Griffith who has shot up to second on my safety boards, he is a physical specimen that loves to hit and has good hands and while Nelson is no sissy, I have seen him bumble on long strides in major collisions and that is not our prototypical safety, either would be a good pick...I just happen to think Griffin is a better Bronco prospect then Nelson who I think may go to New York right before we pick, maybe. If Nelson is there I could see them taking him though.
    I don't think there is a chance that Nelson falls anywhere close to 20...but if he is there at 21, he would be the best player available at that point IMO. Reggie Nelson surely isn't the most polished safety, but that's the kinda thing that can be improved, whereas you can't teach someone the Bob Sanders-like determination and tenacity. Let's get real...Nelson went from a Utah transfer who was happy to get a break and be allowed to play in Florida to a 1st round draft pick....this guy is unreal.

But...seeing as though Nelson won't be there at 21....I would hope and pray that Adam Carriker is. Carriker is a great fit with the Broncos because his size would actually allow him to play downs at DT or DE, which suits the DL rotation that Denver classicly uses. Recently, though, it looks like Carriker is moving up the boards too...so he may also be out of the question....I have actually seen Carriker going as high as 11 on a mock draft.

If he isn't there, I really don't know who I would draft at 21....I won't disagree with the capability of Michael Griffin, but it just seems to me like the best value at this spot would be to take a DL. I think we could have a shot to get Rouse or Weddle with our first round three pick who are both closer to Griffin than a DE who we'd get there would be to Johnson, Moss, or whomever. If we don't commit to trading up for Lynch or AP (which would be awesome), then the 2nd rounder will likely go towards picking up a potentially top-notch RB.

WHO REALLY FREAKING KNOWS? LOL...This year's draft seems like one of the more difficult to predict due to the lack of value seemingly present for picks 10-20...nobody really knows who is going off the board in that range. Sure is going to make for an interesting draft day (even if it is 8 hours long for one round)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1986
        Is that A.P.
        I owe CP's to: no one

Comment

Originally posted by TR3Y
          Is that A.P.

Yes it is

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1986
            Yes it is
            I LOVE IT
            I owe CP's to: no one

Comment

Originally posted by TR3Y
              Ya think

I doubt he will get traded and he will eventually be released....

YA I THINK SO!!!!DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

J/K We will not know until it is all done.

then one of us can say I told you so!

Comment

Originally posted by pdrice33
                I don't think there is a chance that Nelson falls anywhere close to 20...but if he is there at 21, he would be the best player available at that point IMO. Reggie Nelson surely isn't the most polished safety, but that's the kinda thing that can be improved, whereas you can't teach someone the Bob Sanders-like determination and tenacity. Let's get real...Nelson went from a Utah transfer who was happy to get a break and be allowed to play in Florida to a 1st round draft pick....this guy is unreal.

But...seeing as though Nelson won't be there at 21....I would hope and pray that Adam Carriker is. Carriker is a great fit with the Broncos because his size would actually allow him to play downs at DT or DE, which suits the DL rotation that Denver classicly uses. Recently, though, it looks like Carriker is moving up the boards too...so he may also be out of the question....I have actually seen Carriker going as high as 11 on a mock draft.

If he isn't there, I really don't know who I would draft at 21....I won't disagree with the capability of Michael Griffin, but it just seems to me like the best value at this spot would be to take a DL. I think we could have a shot to get Rouse or Weddle with our first round three pick who are both closer to Griffin than a DE who we'd get there would be to Johnson, Moss, or whomever. If we don't commit to trading up for Lynch or AP (which would be awesome), then the 2nd rounder will likely go towards picking up a potentially top-notch RB.

WHO REALLY FREAKING KNOWS? LOL...This year's draft seems like one of the more difficult to predict due to the lack of value seemingly present for picks 10-20...nobody really knows who is going off the board in that range. Sure is going to make for an interesting draft day (even if it is 8 hours long for one round)

They just said on ESPN that Nelson ran a 4.5 and predict him to fall later in the first. we will see what starts showing up in the mocks.

I am not saying to get him or not. The only thing I would say is I do not like safties in the 1st unless he is just flat out the BPA.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
                  After the Combine, Pick 21 looks to have great value and options.

1) DE - Jarvis Moss, Charles Johnson, Anthony Spencer, and perhaps Tim Crowder. Johnson and Crowder being Power Ends, our biggest need atm. Could probably trade down a few slots and grab Crowder, maybe.

2) DT - Marcus Thomas, Alan Branch, and Justin Harrell. Alan Branch would probably fit Bates' system the best. I'd prefer Marcus Thomas. Its probably too early for Harrell.

3) S - Reggie Nelson and Michael Griffin. Both would fit.

4) CB - Darrelle Revis and Aaron Ross. Both would fit and both are good return men, especially Ross.

If you trade down from 21 5+ slots, you likely will lose out on the chance to draft Revis, Ross, Nelson, Branch, Griffin, Moss, and possibly Thomas (who knows where he will be drafted, he is the most talented DT in the draft though).

In my opinion, if we want a Rush End, I think staying put and hoping for Jarvis Moss or possibly Anthony Spencer makes sense. After they go, there is very little left besides gambling on Quentin Moses at some point. If we want a Power End, we could trade back 10-20 slots and still get a solid player. Perhaps the player won't be as good as Charles Johnson, but you could get a guy like Victor Abimari and possibly Tim Crowder still, perhaps even take a flier on Baraka Atkins.

Trading down for a CB would be bad as you would lose out on impact players.

Trading down for a safety could work. Meriweather might still be around, and if not, there are some solid safeties that would be available in late Round 2 like Weddle, Rouse, Gattis, and Wendling. You would lose out on an all around impact safety though.

If we want an OT, thats a good spot to draft Joe Staley, trading down would mean Tony Ugoh or James Martin.

If we want a RB, 21 is a terrible slot. Lynch won't be around, and there is nobody else worth that pick. Trading down and netting Antonio Pittman or Tony Hunt would be smart.

If we want a WR, 21 is a great spot to grab one of the slipping elites like a Dwayne Jarret, Ted Ginn, Dwayne Bowe, or Robert Meachem. Trading back could net you a decent WR like Anthony Gonzalez, Craig Davis, Jason Hill, or perhaps even a slipping Sidney Rice.

SUMMARY:

If we want a Pass Rushing DE, Instant Impact Safety, Elite Ceiling WR, Elite CB/KR, or the chance at a slipping player like Branch or a slight reach like Staley, we stay put.

If we want a RB, a Power End, a DT, an OT, or just want to stock pile picks, then we should trade down.

If we want Adam Carriker, Marshawn Lynch, possibly Ted Ginn, possibly Alan Branch, possibly Jamaal Anderson or Jarvis Moss, and any of Leon Hall, Chris Houston or LaRon Landry. We would need to trade up.
                  I've been one of the lone Crowder supports on this board, but I still think #21 is too high, I think if we traded into the late 20's, or found a way to get a future first but get into the early second, Crowder is a viable option there. There will be good players at #21, perhaps not at the positions we want, but the combine definitely shook some things up in our favor.

Comment

If the Broncos are forced to stay with the #21 pick and Lynch is off the board, they should take the best defensive lineman available. Unless, another RB proves that he's first round material and is available at that spot. Some mock drafts have the Broncos taking Adam Carriker at the #21 spot. From what I have read about him, I am ok with that, if a first round quality RB is not available there.

I really hope we move up to get Lynch though.
                    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                    You Mad Bro?
                    Don’t Be A Mean Girl
                    Hell No!!! To the Texans Quarterback!!!

Comment

3) S - Reggie Nelson and Michael Griffin. Both would fit.
                      1st Reggie Nelson
                      2nd Amobi Okoye
                      3rd adrian peterson
                      4th calvin johnson

LOL im kidding... i live in a real world... really im kidding

not about reggie though...... REGGIE, REGGIE, REGGIE in the first
                      Last edited by marcus_miller; 02-27-2007, 07:30 PM.
                      I hate the Defenseless Receiver rule and the fines. Posted since '07. 2011 rule addition :nono: backhand a fool!

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee
                        If the Broncos are forced to stay with the #21 pick and Lynch is off the board, they should take the best defensive lineman available. Unless, another RB proves that he's first round material and is available at that spot. Some mock drafts have the Broncos taking Adam Carriker at the #21 spot. From what I have read about him, I am ok with that, if a first round quality RB is not available there.

I really hope we move up to get Lynch though.

As of right now the two guys I really want are the two you mentioned. Safety is all fine and dandy but I would prefer we trade down a lil if we are gonna do that. If we spend a first pick on a cb i will not be happy though, same with WR after Marshalls season.... I dunno.
                        Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                        Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                        Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

We DO NOT NEED A FRIGGIN RB. Tatum and Mike Bell will work and each will have a tremendous season rotating. Remember Tatum before he got injured? Led AFC in rushing yards for a week or two.

My picks would be

1. Amobi Okoye or Quinn Pitcock. Branch is going to be a bust and not worth it.
                          2. Sabby Piscatelli - Fills the S need
                          3a. Ikaika Alama-Francis - Projected to be a great DE.
                          3b. Nasti Nate Ilaoa. 5-9 248 pound bunker-busting bowling ball that runs a 4.7. Sure he's not fast, but he can break tackles. This season at Hawaii, it took NO LESS THAN FOUR (4) guys to bring him down. Oftentimes, it would take 6 guys. I find that he runs very smoothly, comparable to LT himself. If Cutler masters the shovel pass, Ilaoa will be unstoppable. Ilaoa averaged 15 yards or so on his shovel passes, with a dozen or so going for 50+ yards. The shovel pass is impossible to defend against. He could be a RB or FB, but he's listed as a RB. He isn't so hot at blocking though, but that can always be taught.

Comment

As usual picks 20-32 will likely feature players that aren't much better than 2nd rounders. I always concede that if you can't trade down into the top 12-15 you are better off to trade out of the 1st. This is hard to do as most teams feel the same way.

The strength in this years draft is the D-line, and I am hopeful that a good one will trickle down to 21. I thought Carriker was our guy until, his impressive SR. Bowl performance which likely launched him out of reach. I do like DE Charles Johnson a lot and he should still be available at 21. In regards to safeties I like Rouse and Weddle in the 2nd. I am very high on RB Lorenzo Booker as 2nd-3rd rounder. He can return kicks and would be an LT type back.

Comment

Defensive line, there are a few good backs we can pick up in the next couple of rounds.

Comment

Working...
                              X