Still Need a Ball Hawking Safety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still Need a Ball Hawking Safety

I absolutely love the aquisition of Bly. But at the same time I don't think it our secondary is complete. I believe the need for a BALL HAWKING safety is the is the most important need for our secondary with or without Mr. Bly. We also need a freak at end that can get to the passer. So where do we address this issues (free agency or draft) and if so, what position and with who in the draft do you favor.

To me it just depends on who is available in the draft.

rd 1 I like in this order - Marshawn Lynch, Adam Carriker, Reggie Nelson

rd 2 Charles Johnson/Victor Abiamary?, Aaron Rouse, Kenny Irons

rd 3 Best available DT, OL, S, or RB

What do you think?
    sigpic

Why would we want a safety that hawks on balls? That's kinda gross...

Comment

One who hawks balls, is one who succeeds in life......
      sigpic

Comment

It would be great to have a ball hawking safety w/ Atwateresk tackling and timidation skills.
        Emancipate your mind!
        The People's Poster

Comment

Originally posted by Emancipator
          It would be great to have a ball hawking safety w/ Atwateresk tackling and timidation skills.
          watch this video then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zw7nxl4qa4

Comment

Originally posted by D.J.55

Reggie Nelson took a stress test, and it failed.

Reggie Nelson once intercepted an Earth-bound meteor.

Cro-Magnons, Neanderthals, Homoerectus, Homosapien, Reggien Nelsonus

Missle defense system?? Never fear, Reggie Nelson is here.

Comment

too bad he cant hit....most of those were cheap shots on defenseless receivers and the others were just bad form

however, ballhawking skills are good
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos Rex
                too bad he cant hit....most of those were cheap shots on defenseless receivers and the others were just bad form

i like that. i guess its his fault for them not seeing him. i guess he should warn the guy before he hits him.
                Last edited by D.J.55; 03-01-2007, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Reggie Nelsons, tackling style isnt really suited for the NFL. He is not doing that to anybody in the league. I am intrigued by Michael Griffin. However i think 21 Might be a tad to high for him, he is the guy we are looking for. If not him then Merriweather in the 2nd.
                  A Wise Man Once Told Me Dont Argue With Fools Cuz People From a Distance Cant Tell Who is Who

Comment

well there is always that guy from indy i think his name is Mike Doss

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos Rex

Do you know nothing about safety.........there are no cheao shots....its part of the position..........I bet the next time he "cheap shots the guy" a few plays later that guy will be wide open and drop the ball.......because he will be anticipating the hit........ Not looking should been ready for hit.............those "cheap shots" when the WR is not looking is when ball gets jared out..........................come on...realy study the Safety position...... :hammer:
                      I hate the Defenseless Receiver rule and the fines. Posted since '07. 2011 rule addition :nono: backhand a fool!

Comment

no such thing as a cheap shot ... when somebody puts together a highlight clip of your hits and they are ALL againt "defenseless" receivers (dont have the ball and are not looking at you) then there is a good chance the guy cant square up and put a legit hit on anybody(especially not in the next level)... i agree a safety does need to lay out those receivers when they come across and are not looking but if you look at the good safeties they also man up and lay a hit nomatter the circumstance
                        sigpic

Comment

brandon merriweather!. he is the second rated saftey at the combine and is said to be a mixture of ed reed and sean taylor (nice combo). the best part about it, is that we can get him in the 2nd round.
                          @MisterBerman

Go Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by MilitantDBFan
                            Reggie Nelsons, tackling style isnt really suited for the NFL. He is not doing that to anybody in the league. I am intrigued by Michael Griffin. However i think 21 Might be a tad to high for him, he is the guy we are looking for. If not him then Merriweather in the 2nd.
                            I like Merrian over Nelson as well. I agree he doesn't have the same value at #21 given how the draft selections are being predicted, but I think Merrian will be every bit as good as Nelson, if not more so. That is opinion obviously, and there are a lot of people high on Nelson currently.
                            sigpic
                            The only thing that can stop the ninja.
                            Setting yourself on fire so they can't catch you!

Comment

Originally posted by mb3playa
                              brandon merriweather!. he is the second rated saftey at the combine and is said to be a mixture of ed reed and sean taylor (nice combo). the best part about it, is that we can get him in the 2nd round.

Deion Sanders said that. I disagree with him. I think Meriweather is more like a Jason Allen type than a Sean Taylor or Ed Reed type.

Comment

Working...
                              X