• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor Mill: where making a push for Kerney

per profootballtalk.com

POSTED 11:59 p.m. EST, March 1, 2007

BRONCOS MAKING A PLAY FOR KERNEY?

There's talk in league circles that the Denver Broncos will make a strong push for Falcons defensive end Patrick Kerney once free agency opens at 12:01 a.m. EST.

Kerney was able to void the remainder of his contract after the deadline for applying the franchise tag, ensuring that he'd hit the market.

The Broncos' interest in Kerney is being interpreted as evidence that the team is prepared to part ways with defensive end Courtnet Brown, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2000 draft.

I'm sure we are making a push to get him.

I'm just not confident we'll be able to outbid and sign him.
    sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
    Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

OMG [email protected] w0uld b3 50 Kew1!!!11

Comment

Ughhhh...I don't know about this one. I've cooled on Kerney recently.

Comment

Cost?

Health?

Age?

Lots of questions, few good answers. I am not sure he is a solution, to replace C. Brown? Sure... we always need another DE on the injured reserve!

No really, I like him - He is a beast. But a short term thing at best. Maybe sign him if he comes cheap and then draft one in the 3rd, and use Dumerville and lang as subs. 1st should go DT, 2nd go RB and thirds should go safety and DE. Or in a order similar. Maybe Kerney means we can use one first day pick on DE and use the rest on other areas. Who knows, Shanahan is bound to throw a monkey wrinch in there some how. Heck, this could all be a rumor to take everyone off some other deal he is cooking up!

My Advice: Expect the Unexpected!!!
          sigpic

Comment

As far as the Brown part...it shouldn't take a Kerney-signing, much less any signing, to justify parting ways with Courtney. That's just them speculating.

Comment

It would be great to get him. But I've heard he could get around 8 mill a year. Way out of our price range.
              sigpic

Comment

I agree if this guy is 8 mil a year, then we have no shot at all getting him!!! Unless some high dollar cuts are coming, like Ian or someone like that!! Patrick is a high motor guy and we know the DC now loves that, but I just dont understand how we make 8mil appear!!

Comment

The Broncos' interest in Kerney is being interpreted as evidence that the team is prepared to part ways with defensive end Courtnet Brown, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2000 draft.
                  Kerney missed the last half of last season because he got a torn pectoral. Thats not a good thing for a guy who is 30. Remember what happened to Luther Ellis when we signed him after his torn up chest? He played decently but had to retire because of that injury.

I just hope Kerney is the same player after a devastating injury like that. It worked out well with Walker last year so it could work again, but I dont want to pay a boatload of valuable cap money to find out. There are other ways to solve the DE problem. And honestly we need to get a RB, OT and Daniel Graham would be nice. Then use the draft for DL.

Comment

Working...
                  X